Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Well I'll soon have my first elzetta, compromised of parts.

I got a crenelated zfl-m60 head from a forum member, and a charlie body with hi/low tailcap from elzetta. The plan is also to eventually get a high candela head for the charlie and an alpha.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I'll soon have my first elzetta, compromised of parts.

I got a crenelated zfl-m60 head from a forum member, and a charlie body with hi/low tailcap from elzetta. The plan is also to eventually get a high candela head for the charlie and an alpha.
Can't speak to the 'hybrid' Charlie, but I can tell you that the Alpha G3 I have is on my very short list of 'best money I ever spent' on flashlights. If I had to go somewhere and only take 1 light with me, it would likely be that one, and is a regular, primary, 'do-all', front pocket carry light. With the regular bezel, it's very pocketable, and they way they designed it, it is quite capable w/16340 and HI-LO tailcap. It's not a lightweight, but I think it's worth every gram.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
The rest of the parts came in today, so now I've got a zfl head charlie with an m91bw and hi/lo tailcap. This is a really nice host, and looks great. The hi/lo tailcap gives it versatility points over my favored surefire c3 as a host.

Just messing around with it seems like the hi/lo cap will work great with the thyrm low profile clip in a syringe grip. It also works with a thyrm switchback, but there is a chance of clicking the switch on if you are pressing hard on it, so maybe best to go with a rotary switch for the switchback method.

I was pleasantly surprised that elzetta sent 3x cr123 cells with my order. I didn't expect that when I was just buying parts a la carte.

IMG_7920.jpeg

IMG_7921.jpeg

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The rest of the parts came in today, so now I've got a zfl head charlie with an m91bw and hi/lo tailcap. This is a really nice host, and looks great. The hi/lo tailcap gives it versatility points over my favored surefire c3 as a host.

Just messing around with it seems like the hi/lo cap will work great with the thyrm low profile clip in a syringe grip. It also works with a thyrm switchback, but there is a chance of clicking the switch on if you are pressing hard on it, so maybe best to go with a rotary switch for the switchback method.

I was pleasantly surprised that elzetta sent 3x cr123 cells with my order. I didn't expect that when I was just buying parts a la carte.
Put together my Leef-bodied SureFire M4 all from spare parts quite a few years (over a decade) ago. Was deciding on how to track down each part after I got the Leef body, first. Then, bizarrely, a member of CPF put his M4 up for sale on the MarketPlace. All parts, except the stock body. So, I bought all the parts in one sitting. Still have that Leef-bodied M4 to this day.

Which is good because before that stroke of luck, I realized my cheapest alternative was to buy a brand new M4 from SureFire and then sell the stock body on the CPF MarketPlace.

pdeethardt

Newly Enlightened
I picked one up back in February when they were running a promo on them. I have the original gray HA Bones, but I prefer black HA lights. I was disappointed to find out that it was much cooler than the original Bones, and it looks like all of their lights are now 6000K. I preferred the warmer temperature (5000K maybe?) they used previously. I also noticed that the lens no longer has the hidden Elzetta logo that shows up on my Bravo and original Bones when the lens is held at a certain angle. Other than that, it's a very solid light.