Emilion's Hunt Light 3W FT-01, Many Pictures!

havand

Enlightened
adirondackdestroyer said:
I don't think there have been, but I really wish one of the pros would do one (Roy,Chevro,Doug). If the results came out really positive I couldn't imagine any light being much better than this.

HAIII *cough*

:whistle:

HiltiHome

Enlightened
AW is offering a 100 lumen 3,7 V LA that fits both my FT01.

Beam is similar to the stock led modul. Runtime on 18650 is about 1 hour.

FT01 led
huntbeamef1.jpg

FT01 with AW xenon 3,7V 100 lumen LA
p1000576tr3.jpg

Last edited:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it's just the pic, but the original Luxeon FT-01 appears brighter than with the 3.7v Xenon bulb.

Also, I agree that adding HAIII would be nice, but for under $40 shipped you can only get so much. :)

havand

Enlightened
I just like the extra security of knowing that if i like the light, it'll last. I've actually been looking at the FT-01 as the host for my next light.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine in the other day and it flickers when I first turn it on and maybe when it's being run (I don't know because I haven't used it for a long enough time). Is this normal or should I return mine for a different one?

Ken 222

Newly Enlightened
I really like my FT01. Never a hint of a problem. No flickering here.

Ken

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
adirondackdestroyer said:
I got mine in the other day and it flickers when I first turn it on and maybe when it's being run (I don't know because I haven't used it for a long enough time). Is this normal or should I return mine for a different one?

Pull the battery spring out a little and try cleaning the threads.

chanamasala

Enlightened
Is anyone doing HAIII service nowadays? It would be nice to send my badboy FT-01 in for his upgrade.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hunt Light FT-01 can hold a 168A cell!

VF1Jskull1 said:
The body is bored a bit larger than the battery diameter so there is some radial play, hence rattle possible... my solution was cut a index card and wrap the batteries to fill the gap to prevent the radial movement.
Well, this is good news. It means that the FT-01 body is wide enough inside to hold a 168A cell from Wolf Eyes or Pila. 3.7V xenon lamp lovers, we now have a $30 glass-lensed body to host AW's new 2.2A, 100-lumen, 3.7V xenon lamp.

Has anyone confirmed that the body can accept Surefire P-compatible heads? I'm itching to try the FT-01 and the 3.7V xenon lamp with my 43mm Digilight range extender head.

Last edited:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
DragonFlame said:
Could someone please tell me what's the diameter of the lens, please? I was thinking of replacing the stock lens with a diffusing one in case I decide to get the FT-01.

Looks 26mm.

DragonFlame

Newly Enlightened
Thanks!
There seem to be problems with the FT-01. From what CPF-ers have been saying, I gather that it is not yet completly reliable. Seems that there are sometimes problems with the switches and using the lights with 18650 batts.
I guess I'll wait a little bit longer and see whether the issues are solved :)

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:):huh::grin2:

DragonFlame ,

I don't understand what you mean ?????????

What problems exactly are you refering to ?????

I recall very few problems . How are they unreliable ?????

Most members are very happy with their FT-01's .

Mine works very well on 18650's

Please elaborate and refer to threads discussing problems.

I think FT-01 is a darn good value and well made .

thanks ....................... TMG/:grin2:

DragonFlame said:
Thanks!
There seem to be problems with the FT-01. From what CPF-ers have been saying, I gather that it is not yet completly reliable. Seems that there are sometimes problems with the switches and using the lights with 18650 batts.
I guess I'll wait a little bit longer and see whether the issues are solved :)

jcg344

Newly Enlightened
I agree with TMG, I researched as much as I could about the FT-01 before I purchased mine and I don't recall anyone having major problems. I also run mine on 18650's and haven't had any trouble with it at all.

DragonFlame

Newly Enlightened
Well, there were some posts that I've read that gave me that impression.....

adirondackdestroyer:
"I got mine in the other day and it flickers when I first turn it on and maybe when it's being run (I don't know because I haven't used it for a long enough time). Is this normal or should I return mine for a different one?"

adirondackdestroyer:
"Has anyone heard of the FT-01PJ? I received my replacement from Jsburlys today and that is what I got. My previous light was a FT-01TJ and it was very bright but it flickered. This new one runs fairly bright (not as bright as my previous one) with regular CR123 cells, but it ran VERY VERY dim with an 18650. Maybe around 12-15 lumens. My 18650 was charged fully 3 days ago, so I'm not sure if that is the reason why. Either way I am charging it up right now so I will see how it does when it comes right off the charger."
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=134254

jsr:
"Output...here's one thing to note...I'd highly recommend running it off either 2x 123As or 2x R123As instead of a single 17670 or 18650. I don't have either of those Li-Ion cells, but do have 14500s and 17500s. I also have solid aluminum spacers, so I don't think they introduce much resistance (really, a spring contact would be more resistive than a solid piece of aluminum). Off a single Li-Ion, it's not as bright as my Nextorch Z1 which I estimate to be about 40lms. I'd guesstimate the FT01 is about 30-35lms off a single Li-Ion. Throw in 2 primaries or 2x R123As and BAM!...it's BRIGHT! Brighter than my modded Q3 which I estimate is 50-55lms, so I'd say the FT01 off 6V-7.4V is at 60lms easy! Very bright!"

jsr:
"My 2nd FT01 died right when I put in a pair of R123As. It flashed and stopped working. I've PM'd Huntlight, but thus far, no reply for several days. I hope I hear from them soon. I really like the light, but sad I can't use it."

Freedom1955:
"I received my FT-01PJ from J.S. Burlys a couple days ago and it is not working correctly. It is pretty bright and white but mine acts as though it is possessed.
After I activate the switch it flickers and turns itself on and off all by itself.
I have sent an e-mail to Jon explaining this."

Freedom1955:
"I just tried that. The light went out. Tightened it, light still out. Shook it vigorously light came on then off. I then set it on the table and now it will come on for a few seconds and then off for a few seconds then on again. Now it's on but at a very low brightness, that lasted about 30 seconds then it went bright again then off.
Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel
Try unscrewing the bezel a tad."

Perhaps there are only a few lights that behave strangely. Due to my location, shipping takes a rather long time, not to say that sending a light or a component of the light back would be rather costly.
So you can understand that I want to make sure I will be able to use the lights properly using 18650 Li-Ion's. :)

DF

Last edited:

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've just posted beam shots comparing the Huntlight_AW's 3.7V lamp against three different Wolf Eyes 3.7V lamps:

3.7V lamp beam shots

I wanted to try the AW 3.7V bulb in a G&P 39mm reflector on the FT01. But the bulb was too short to focus, and in any event the FT01 fitted with the G&P range-extender head would have to be the world's longest 3.7V light. Here it is, shown to the right of a Wolf Eyes 6M Explorer:

wolfeyes6mexplorerhuntlightft0143mmgpbezelfu9.jpg

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
:):grin2::)

Hi DragonFlame ,

Now I see your point and I understand why you feel that way . I would too.

The post's you quoted did refresh my memory . There are some concerns .

Maybe ..... Hopefully .... if J.S.Burly sees this thread (a seller of this light) , maybe he will adress your concerns and agree to pre-test a light before sending it to you - if you order one from him.

It would be nice and appreciated if they would pre-test all of them at the time of shipment.

I agree - receiving a defective light is a real big dissapointment ...... and return shipment costs are a hastle for both buyer and seller.

Since most of these lights are hand made and assembled by non-skilled laborers in places where quantity is desired over quality - the final quality-control station should be the seller who has a reputation to uphold for reliable products .

I wish ALL our sellers would develop a method to weed-out faulty hand-made products before shipment .

DragonFlame ..... I hope you get a good one / the first time !! Thanks for taking the time to consolidate all those trouble post's - to refresh our memorys.

............................. TMG/:grin2: