• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Emisar D4vn - Smallest 18650 Quad Thrower

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, after physical lockout, the default turn on is to the highest regulated level before the FET gets involved, so you've got a shortcut there to a really bright (380mA?) level that's going to give around 8 hours of regulated light from a 3,000mAh battery.
It's hard for me to hit that level while ramping, it blinks there, and I settle for a little higher or a little lower around the blink,
Instead sometimes a quick head loosen and tighten and click on to exact blink level is more practical than fussing with the ramping.

- so there are always four levels you can get to right away; last used, lowest, highest, and default.

Last edited:

Agpp

Enlightened
Also, after physical lockout, the default turn on is to the highest regulated level before the FET gets involved, so you've got a shortcut there to a really bright (380mA?) level that's going to give around 8 hours of regulated light from a 3,000mAh battery.
It's hard for me to hit that level while ramping, it blinks there, and I settle for a little higher or a little lower around the blink,
Instead sometimes a quick head loosen and tighten and click on to exact blink level is more practical than fussing with the ramping.

- so there are always four levels you can get to right away; last used, lowest, highest, and default.
350 mA

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great to know! Sounding more and more like it's hard to find a downside to this light. Now I just need to get one in my hands! Come on Vinh, I need it! :grin2:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, this UI replaces the need for traditional steps or modes. Infinite choices are available with one button, in under 2 seconds.

Last edited:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does sound great. The only thing I would add is maybe 3 preset modes where I could store my 3 most used brightness levels. Other than that it sounds amazing. I love that I can modify the temp stepdown so it steps down before it does damage or becomes dangerous in the case of accidental activation.

Hey RichS,
The NarsilM allows you to program levels at your desired Settings, and offers quite a few choices, or use the seamless ramping or change when you want. I purposefully got a couple Q8 lights just so I could set one with levels and one with ramping. I must say the temping and double click turbo are addictive as Mark says. Can't wait for the Emisars to arrive...

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey RichS,
The NarsilM allows you to program levels at your desired Settings, and offers quite a few choices, or use the seamless ramping or change when you want. I purposefully got a couple Q8 lights just so I could set one with levels and one with ramping. I must say the temping and double click turbo are addictive as Mark says. Can't wait for the Emisars to arrive...
Hi eddie - are you saying that if I wanted I could re-program the D4 using this code to get levels? I'm pretty sure I would have no idea how to do that if possible, but I was just trying to understand what you were telling me here. Thanks.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, Rich. Part other Narsil options is test conventional levels. Why anyone would though is beyond me. Narsil has totally spoiled me! Like someone said on BLF, "If Narsil was a woman, I would marry her."

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, Rich. Part other Narsil options is test conventional levels. Why anyone would though is beyond me. Narsil has totally spoiled me! Like someone said on BLF, "If Narsil was a woman, I would marry her."
Haha.. well it sounds like to say you are fond of this program may be an understatement lol..

I may hit you up for more details on this, but I'll do so in PM to avoid getting this thread off track. Thanks!

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha.. well it sounds like to say you are fond of this program may be an understatement lol..

I may hit you up for more details on this, but I'll do so in PM to avoid getting this thread off track. Thanks!

I bet Vihn could put the updated version of D4 UI or Narsil in any of the Emisar lights for a price if you asked.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
RichS,
The BLF Q8 uses NarsilM and there is a detailed instruction chart(on the Q8, there is a space in the tailcap that holds the instructions perfectly(under the circuit board with Springs-kinda hard to describe but really simple-in the am I will forward you a link so you can see-it is actually really, really simple. I also echo the above comments that Vinh could do it for you if you asked. The Emisars all already have the updated V2 on them. Seriously though, it is really easy to use. My recommendation would be to try out the ramping first...
Good luck & if you need any assistance just ask! As soon as I get my D4VN from Vinh and my D4 & D1 from Neal, I will post a quick review that may be helpful. Check you tube too in case there is already an instructional video on the Emisars....

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
PS, if NarsilM was a woman I would have to change my religion and have another wife.....
JUST KIDDING! My wife of 34 years is even BETTER than NarsilM-i am a very lucky guy!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hahaha thats cutee...

One thing I notice is flashlight guys are really openly proud of their wives. Which is great!!!

dmsoule

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered Vinh's xp-l hi 4000k option. I think this is a new addition, as I hadn't seen it listed on his site the last few times I was shopping. Can't wait to check it out. Love the factory xp-l hi specs, but 5000k is a bit too cool for me. Thank you, Vinh!