Emisar DT8k

3_gun

Enlightened
So you can have your cake & eat it too, at least it seems that way with this light. The DT8k is a 21700 powered, 8 LED, duel channel light that uses TWO optics & runs Andruil2 as a UI. What does this mean for you/us? You can have a flood AND throw flashlight that can still fit in your jeans pocket & does. I ordered my light w/4 W2s covered by a clear optic paired w/4 LH531s @5K/90CRI under a flood optic. Just to be clear; you aren't going to run this light on all 8 LEDs at high or turbo for any meaningful amount of time. It gets hot fast! & setting the temps in the UI doesn't help much at all.

I set my light up to come on with both channels, flood at stepped level 4 & throw at stepped level 3. It gives me a nice light the length of he longest hallway in the building, about 65/70yds. This level doesn't get to hot to fast & gives me light from 1ft in front of me to the back wall. You can step up a level or 2 for a minute or 2, with this set-up.

I use the quick setting for channel switching; going to flood or throw as needed. On a single channel it seems that you can ramp to stepped 6 without heat getting to bad, to fast. Stepped 6 is bright & I doubt I'll need levels this high often in my normal use.

The DM1.12 is a better flood/throw light but it isn't something that I'd use as a EDC light, the DT8k can be used as an EDC. I've tried a few of the duel channel lights looking for 1 light that works will for flood & throw, size matters & right now this looks to be a sweet spot for my uses. The proof will be getting enough run times at the levels I need to use. The D4Sv2 works pretty good too & by running only 2 LEDs at a time & with the 26650 battery it does get good run times but a lesser light levels. The key feature of the DT that gives it an edge is the duel channel, duel optic set-up

3_gun

Enlightened
Most of my use so far has been indoors & at my preset ON levels or lower when using both or single channels. Happy I got my set-up so right with the first try. Haven't had any long runs, most have been under 5 minutes. The duel channel, duel optics work great as I'd hoped & run time seems to be in the range of a single channel 4 LED light at similar levels. Just did my first charging of the Molicel p42a when it got to 3.1 as flashed by the UI. I didn't notice any dimming at ON at this level but the light quickly stepped back to the ON level if I tried using both channels at a higher ramped level. I did have a bit better luck trying higher levels using single channels but not much higher before it stepped down to the ON level. Still I wasn't close to being left in the dark but I think I'm going to use 3.3 as a recharge point. It works great as an indoor/EDC/work light with good run times {almost 5 wks of "normal" daily use} Great light even if it does look a bit odd