Energizer Headlamp at HD

Knifemaster

Newly Enlightened
I just saw a very small energizer head lamp at home depot for $6. Does anyone own one? how is it?

BlackDecker

Enlightened
If you're just wanting a headlamp to throw in your car's glove box and forget about, this one should fit the bill. Otherwise, it's pretty worthless. No water seal whatsoever, so if you wear it on your head, sweat will get inside the battery compartment and quickly rust all the metal contacts.

I know. I own one. I paid $14 for mine, complete waste of $$.

filibuster

Enlightened
Is this the one you are referring to? ($6 bucks at opticsplanet.net)
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/opticsplanet_1967_180605846

I've been interested in CR2032 based lights and was wondering about this energizer model as well. I currently have a Petzl e+lite which uses CR2032 cells and really like it's size, weight and performance but would still like something a little cheaper for the kids.

These little lights fill a much needed niche especially when coupled with a cheap lithium coin cell. The lithium battery works in below zero temps and store for years longer than other battery types so it makes great sense to have a couple in the car and other places emergency light is needed.

You can find the CR2032 cells now for less than 15 cents each in bulk and they can run a light 50+ hours on two cells. Plus, you can tape replacement cells onto the headband of the light itself without feeling them or getting in the way at all.

They won't light up anything very well farther than a few feet but for changing a tire or working on or reading anything up close they will fit the bill nicely.

After saying all that I hope we are talking about the same headlamp ;-)

serious sam

Newly Enlightened
If you're just wanting a headlamp to throw in your car's glove box and forget about, this one should fit the bill. Otherwise, it's pretty worthless. No water seal whatsoever, so if you wear it on your head, sweat will get inside the battery compartment and quickly rust all the metal contacts.

I know. I own one. I paid $14 for mine, complete waste of $$.

Don't forget it gets to turn on very easily accidently.... :(

Latest posts