Energizer Weather Ready 3 in 1 LED Review

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went to walmart today looking for this light, and couldn't find it. There were a bunch of other lanterns and lights, but more expensive.

Will have to check my other local walmarts to see if these are available.

tvman

Newly Enlightened
I went to 1st WM about 1 mile away and I looked at the flashlights again. Not sure but they may have performed another markdown. They had about 8 3- in-1 for $5 (reg $13.88). I passed on them but I may go back in the morning (Sat) and look at them again. They had a bunch of other leds on sale. They had the hand crank lights and the shake light for $3. They had a bunch of 1w camo 2aa rayovacs but they scanned at $18.83. I'll keep an eye on those and anticipate a price drop.

I was able to get a black 3w brinkman led for $9 earlier in the week. I have not seen anymore of these at other WM's.

They had a new Energizer Weather Ready about $19 that was a huge lantern combo - krypton and led with similar features to 3 in 1.

http://www.viewpoints.com/Energizer-Weather-Ready-500-Hour-LED-Area-Light-review-04b23

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
they had about 7 of the 3 in 1s for $7 and another store had 4 1AA headlamps I got two for $9 each or half price. I passed on the 3 in 1s as I have enough led lanterns

Hofgrad01

Newly Enlightened
I actually picked up two Energizer WeatherReady 3in1 LED lights for $7 each about two weeks ago at Walmart. They were the last two on the shelf.

I am more than pleased. I have one on each floor for if/when the power goes out.

Great price on a very nice light.

Mike

Last edited:

tvman

Newly Enlightened
they had about 7 of the 3 in 1s for $7 and another store had 4 1AA headlamps I got two for $9 each or half price. I passed on the 3 in 1s as I have enough led lanterns

Hey Lynx. I found in AR one $9 energizer 1w energizer headlamp with 4 leds - 2 nichia red, 1 white, 1w in the center. I passed on the 3 in 1's for $5 with about 6-8 available. I might get one if it drops to $3 or $2.50. I am waiting on some $18.83 camo energizer 1w 2aa's to get marked down to half price. There are 12-20 with no price drop yet.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I passed on the 3 in 1's for $5 with about 6-8 available. I might get one if it drops to $3 or $2.50.

It's kind of funny/ironic - that the people who want one of these 3 in 1 can't find any at the closeout price.

Yet there are plenty of people who have found these at even lower markdowns who did not buy them :huh: :)

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Hey Lynx. I found in AR one $9 energizer 1w energizer headlamp with 4 leds - 2 nichia red, 1 white, 1w in the center. I passed on the 3 in 1's for $5 with about 6-8 available. I might get one if it drops to $3 or $2.50. I am waiting on some $18.83 camo energizer 1w 2aa's to get marked down to half price. There are 12-20 with no price drop yet.
I have only one store close here I haven't been to. I saw 3 in 1s at two stores enough I hope to pick up a few for the lower price to give out. If I like them I may get rid of a few of my folding lanterns I have extra here.
I still haven't seen anyone with a beam shot... errr flood shot of one

tvman

Newly Enlightened
I have only one store close here I haven't been to. I saw 3 in 1s at two stores enough I hope to pick up a few for the lower price to give out. If I like them I may get rid of a few of my folding lanterns I have extra here.
I still haven't seen anyone with a beam shot... errr flood shot of one

I saw 2 of the Trail...(hunter?) folding pocket (4 aaa?) lanterns for $5 but I passed and they were gone this am. I saw two Trail.. (aa) 1w/floodlight/lantern for $5. The clearance peg had $17.xx as the regular price.

Last week one store 10m away had empty pegs of 3w 2aa led mag for $10 in only silver and red. My locals still have the 2aa led mags on the new display sections.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I saw the last store here with 3 in 1s..... that makes 3 stores with them at $7 lol. this last store didn't have anything else other than a brinkmann mag 2AA 1watt clone for $7 I passed on. I figure 3 stores with about 10-12 of the 3 in 1s I should be able to get a few for further reduction.... I did see a 4AAA 1 watt lantern/light energizer for $9 but I am not a fan of multiple AAA lights using more then 2 cells.

tvman

Newly Enlightened
I went by my WM down the road yesterday am and they had moved the clearance flashlights to a front section with the clearance toys. This am only 2 3in1's were left at $5. I passed again as really would rather pay more and get the 1w 2aa energizer camo's which are $18.83 now. The 2 1w (4aaa) floodlight/nightlight were both gone at $5.

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Picked up the 3 in 1 on clearance at Walmart today. $3.50. Hadn't read this thread, but for the price I thought it might make a good project light. Heck with that! This little thing does just what it's supposed to and does it very well! Why risk ruining it. Wish I had grabbed another.

Energizer really paid attention to details for such an inexpensive light...the bungee lanyard that attaches down the side or over the top; nicely frosted globe, the amber night light. Best low end purchase I've made in a long time.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I hope to get a few 3 in 1s for $3.50 to mess with myself but $7 is too high for me I already have 4 energizer 4AA 2led lanterns.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Late last night/early this morning we had a power outage - just happened all of a sudden - there didn't seem to be any good reason for it - but it just happened.

I used the flashlight in my pocket to locate the 3 in 1, and used it in lantern mode.

Once I figured the power was not coming back anytime soon - I used the lantern to check things and get ready to go to bed.

The lantern (I guess, probably any) is definitely more preferable to a regular flashlight (in any position, including candle mode).

Even though this lantern did not exactly light up the room it was good enough to light up the local area to I could wash up, brush teeth etc without too much inconvenience - I merely had the lantern standing on a mug on the wash basin surface - it did pretty well there - but occassionally it would have been better a bit higher.

I was also able to read a book in bed comfortably using the lantern standing on my bedside drawers (about 10" higher than the bed).

Overall I was glad I had this 3 in 1 LED flashlight, to use in lantern mode - this probably will be my "go to" light for any power outage.

tslrc

Newly Enlightened
I have this 3 in 1 lantern, and really like it. I have an older dog, and use the nightlight mode to keep an eye on her at night, it's just the right brightness and the amber LED nightlight does not bother me and I think better for a nightlight. I just recently ran the batteries down pretty low and had to recharge for the first time.

I do have a question, it seems 1 of the 4 Hybrids took quite a bit less of a charge than the other 3. Three of them were around 1600, while one was about 1275. Does this 4 battery light drain one battery / position in the holder more than others, or should I more closely check my batteries. The 4 batteries have been evenly matched since they were new about 5 months ago.

I also bought around the same time the 3 in 1, 3 D lantern(which lasts forever), and the Coast 4 AA (which I really like the dimming ability). I was set on buying 1 lantern, and came home with 3 in a 2 day period. :oops:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Perhaps one battery either wasn't charged as much or has a different internal resistance so it discharges at a different rate than the others. I had some hybrids in a light that somehow discharged them and damaged the batteries so they don't charge up anywhere near 1900mah... one was 1200 and the other 1600 when run on my BC900 analyzer.

Wyeast

Enlightened
The 3 in one almost looks like a challenger to the 4AA flip lanterns perhaps someone that had both of them could compare pros/cons.
You mean one of these?

img1754jl2.jpg

The flip-light is more compact - idea for traveling / flying if you want to have an area "room light" with you. However, the 3-in-1 is more versatile with the flashlight beam and nightlight functions.

The lantern mode on the 3-in-1 seems brighter than this particular flip-lantern, but I think that's because it's an older model. I have a newer one, but I haven't had a chance to compare them yet.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Standardized Stairway "beamshot" of lantern mode -

Stair3in1Lantern1.jpg
Stair3in1Lantern2.jpg

standing on floor on landing, and hung on door knob at center of photo.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
You mean one of these?

The flip-light is more compact - idea for traveling / flying if you want to have an area "room light" with you. However, the 3-in-1 is more versatile with the flashlight beam and nightlight functions.

The lantern mode on the 3-in-1 seems brighter than this particular flip-lantern, but I think that's because it's an older model. I have a newer one, but I haven't had a chance to compare them yet.

I figure the newer LEDs in the 3 in one would make it brighter but you could upgrade the flip led lantern to the same LEDs or better I was curious as to settings and runtimes and power to the LEDs. Basically thinking of replacing most of my fllip lanterns with them if I can catch them at the next markdown.

highseas

Newly Enlightened
Standardized Stairway "beamshot" of lantern mode -

Stair3in1Lantern1.jpg
Stair3in1Lantern2.jpg

standing on floor on landing, and hung on door knob at center of photo.

Thanks for these photos (and for the original poster). They give me a good sense of the brightness. I think the lantern looks nice and I sure like the long runtime. I'll be looking for them (hopefully at a bargain).