• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Failed DT70 - be advised

hahoo

Enlightened
Doesn't matter where I post about torches I always get people telling me to get the Vinh version or the Vinh version is better or get a Vinh light, I've gone down the Vinh route and it hasn't been enjoyable. It's not been 7th time lucky.

My DT70 trounces the X45vn on tint, tint shift, throw, UI, features, heat management, price and build quality.

Vinh sells it as 25,000 Lumens but by 4.10v it struggles to get 20,000 and by this stage the DT70 looks far brighter as it has a more condensed spill.

so 16,000 manf claimed lumens,looks far brighter than 20,000 plus known lumens ?
and a custom flashlight, that basically has a lifetime warranty, is better than a startup companies light, with a total crap track record for standing behind their products, when they fail, or arrive as junk right out of the box?
is that what im hearing?
16 k lumens, trouncing 25k lumens ?...:shakehead:crackup:
you must work for dimalant, or have stock in the company....

several people have tested x45 vn , and its close to the 25,000 real lumens its supposed to be
heres the trouncing dt70s real world numbers just so youll know

33810863554_de65f39012_c.jpg

23,000 lumens x45 vs 13, 500 lumens dt 70
thats trouncing alright.....

Last edited:

hahoo

Enlightened
wow, look at that stepdown...
down to 1500 lumens in less than 2 minutes
id rather carry my 1500 lumen pocket light if this is tha case...lol !

34268180030_e16959c9bd_c.jpg

kingjohn

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know how dangerous a light that sticks on in Turbo mode with batteries not making a clean connection is?

Is this a rhetoric question?
Or what exactly is so dangerous in short disconnections?
Sparkles? Fire?

klrman

Newly Enlightened
I had a faulty Imalent as well. It was a DX80 and Imalent was no help at all. Their 5 year warranty is not worth much. I have done a lot of research and it appears Imalent is one of those brands that ship out a lot of faulty lights and then make the buyer pay to send it back. My first and last Imalent product.