Favorite candy?

shakeylegs

Enlightened
I cant find these anymore around here however I used to love these things called "Cow Tails" I think they were caramel with some type of marshmellow middle section and packaged in a pencil shape wrapper...good stuff.

I believe I saw two or three flavors at Powell's the other day. They have a contact link on the web and I'm guessing they'll send.
http://powellssweetshoppe.com/ :party:

KD5XB

Enlightened
Twix, Milky Way, Milkyway Midnight, Snickers, 3 Musketeers, just about anything with CHOCOLATE in it!

But I can hardly stand licorice -- that anise flavor just makes me think of fish bait and that's the end of that!

It's funny, but people around the world have different tastes -- if I have this right, Europeans like anise a lot, Asians don't go for anything that's STRONG sweet -- so lots of times you can't find the same products you're used to when you're out of your home area/region/country/etc.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very good ones mentioned so far, especially Kitkat ( 1935, Yorkshire, Rowntree UK), Jelly Belly Beans (1976, Alhambra, California, USA) and Toblerone (1908, Bern, Switzerland, Europe).

But my personal faves are:

Jelly Babies (1919, Sheffield, Yorkshire, UK - originally called 'Peace Babies'??) Which are divine. The best kind are the traditional Bassets ones. But there is a version available by weight in sweet shops, that has no artificial colouring or flavouring and is very delicious indeed.

Quality Street (1936, Halifax, UK) which just remind me of childhood Christmasses and coloured sweet wrappers under the Christmas tree, happy families and being given my latest torch!! (Usually a single AA cheap plastic import with bezel mounted Santa Claus or Snowman face, but normally my favourite prezzie!!!)

Walnut Whip (1910 Edinburgh, Scotland) Which was always a treat for a special occaision and not a sweet for everyday. At least until I found out where my Mum kept her secret stash!!

I've realised that all my fave's come from childhood and none from my adult years. I suppose that is significant, seeing as my torch desires also stem from those formative years.

Long live the candies, old, new or to come.

Be lucky....

JeffInChi

Enlightened
Re: Favorite halloween candy old school/or new?

moz-screenshot-10.png
1_resurrection.jpg

Wht not bring it back?

Same question, what is your favorite candy to chew on for halloween or what was your favorite candy as a kid?

For me, I always liked twix and resee's peanut butter cups - the big ones
though. Always liked the big bars of hersey's, and I always remember the houses that gave out the "big bars".

I always liked those multi-color candy dots that were evenly spaced out on a roll of paper, not sure what they're called, but I haven't seen them in years.

I used to like that nasty flavored colored sugar water sealed in wax sticks, tried one about 5 years ago - no wonder I was bouncing off the walls all day.

I remember a candy bar called p.b. max that was great, but they stopped making it about 15 or 20 years ago.

Anyone else?

Rexlion

Enlightened
Dark chocolate. Currently in my desk drawer:
Ghirardelli mint filled dark chocolate squares
Dove dark choc
Plumsweets by Sunsweet (dark chocolate coated plum bites)

My dear old mother (age 90) likes to say that dark chocolate is good for you, because of all the antioxidants. I just keep telling myself it's health food... :whistle:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I can identify any Jelly Belly flavor on sight, I have the entire "menu" memorized..

And my favorite bar is 5th Avenue; it's basically what a Butterfinger would taste like if you ate it right off the assembly line.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
jelly belly
any good chocolate
those puffy peppermints
maple sugar candy

button candy is those dots on paper, btw.

JeffInChi

Enlightened
button candy is those dots on paper, btw.

That's right!

I remember another old school candy that my dad always liked.....

cvm.jpg

Remember these?

I hated them the first time I had them, thought they tasted like perfumy soap, then I did a 180 on them. I think they put nicotine in these or something, they get addicting. It reminds me of that simpson's tamacco episode.

tomacco.gif

1wrx7

Enlightened
Cadbury creme eggs... usually available around easter. Some years I buy a 48 ct. case and store them in the fridge:tinfoil: There are two PBC's in the freezer right now for after dinner, and Twix are great too. Skittles are my choice for a non-chocholate candy option.

carrot

Flashaholic
When I was a kid it was definitely all about Airheads.

Now my favorite is Hershey's Take 5. Chocolate, caramel, peanuts, peanut butter and pretzels make it have a wonderful unique texture and tastes incredible. If you haven't tried it you'd better go try it... you don't know what you're missing out on.

Cadbury Creme Eggs are definitely a runner's up for me... if they were available all year round they might even be #1.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was a kid it was definitely all about Airheads.

YES! When I was a in college I used to go to BJs (like Costco) and buy the boxes of 50 - i'd have a stomach ache for 2 days straight - good times! :D

Cadbury Creme Eggs are definitely a runner's up for me... if they were available all year round they might even be #1.

I totally agree - I love the caramel filled ones and stock up when they are around.

Sour Patch Kids, Nerd and Hot Tamales are pretty high up on my list as well...

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I had some Good 'N Plenty the other week for the first time in decades. I was half tempted to use the empty box as a whistle like they did in the old "Choo-Choo Charlie" commercials.
:laughing: