Favorite red light

rlapporte

Newly Enlightened
Hi. I did a search on red lights in CPF, but the threads were all a few years old. Does anyone have any favorites of the current available lights and why are they your favorites. Looking for something that can fit in a pocket easily. Thanks,
Rob

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
C21C by Sunwayman is a dual mode light. White from an XM-L2, and red from an XP-E, if I recall correctly. Got a lot of comments on it when I first took it hiking...

rlapporte

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I was considering that one. Vinh modifies it by changing the main XM-L2 and can leave the red or change it to a mule 219 or XGP2. I'm considering having him just change the XML-2 and leave the red...or of course I could get two lights, one with mule and one with red :)

archimedes

Flashaholic
No longer in production, I believe, but the SureFire L1-RD is one of my favorites ... great UI, and runs for a looooooong time :)

Last edited:

bnemmie

Enlightened
I'm sure I will catch some crap for this: but my favorite red light is an Inova Microlight:
BB-R_l.jpg

I use mine at night at work when I am out on the water. I turn out all lights in the cabin, even going so far as taping over indicators and back-lights on LCD screens. The small light fits anywhere, clips to my pocket, on my shirt or on a cord around my neck. When I need both hands to write, use a computer or plot on a chart, I can just bite on the light and use it hands free. I can even turn it on and off with my teeth lol. When you out at night, and there has been enough time to let your eyes to get properly adjusted (about 30-45 min), you need VERY little light to see by. The light is cheap, bright, and very convenient to use. And if it falls over the side of the boat, I'm only out $6. Hope it helps.