*Fenix 2015 product catalog*: lots of new lights!

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two months away for the LD75. The price is reasonable.

I'm liking the CL25R, it will be the little brother of my Rayovac 3D sportman LED lantern.

The employee did mention that the 200$ price is not final, so it could be higher...

Joys_R_us

Newly Enlightened
I was also very interested but it has a disgustingly bluish cold color temp !!! (At least on video)

Oh noo, Fenix, come on you can't be that silly !

Cyrax

Newly Enlightened
Hi. Any news on if there will be a 2015 version of pd35 coming out? I wonder if the fenix guys heard the long requirements if firefly mode and better, farther throw to compete with nitecore srt7 and eagletac

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
Hi. Any news on if there will be a 2015 version of pd35 coming out? I wonder if the fenix guys heard the long requirements if firefly mode and better, farther throw to compete with nitecore srt7 and eagletac

A lot of people like spread out beam of the PD35, it's a general utility light, not a thrower. And quite frankly, the imperceptible difference in intensity of the Nitecore P12 (best throw in class) is not worth a narrower beam. No 25mm light will ever outthrow a 40mm light like the SRT7, nor are they meant to.
PD35: compact, pocketable, possible EDC (depending on how big your pockets are)
SRT7: throwy, belt or holster carry, never EDC.

The moonlight mode would be nice, as long as they don't change the current modes, yet 6 modes seems excessive, so I don't mind the lack that much.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the video, the Fenix-representative says; "the screws were set in there so that, you could really replace the batteries, if you need to."

Yeah, but the rep did recommend to send it in for cell replacement instead. Dunno if they are going to sell the batteries separately. :what:

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a typical update cycle for Fenix lights? Any idea if\when the LD12 will get updated??

kj2

Flashaholic
Is there a typical update cycle for Fenix lights? Any idea if\when the LD12 will get updated??

IIRC, that light already received a few led updates. Don't think they will replace the led soon. Rather think they will bring out a new light.

credo

Newly Enlightened
I'm hoping that the TK61 might be updated to out-throw the Thrunite TN32. I have the Fenix TK75 and having a real thrower that uses the same battery pack is attractive to me. The current TK61 is not worth the small advantage in throw over the TK75. That's the trouble with the TK75 - it does a lot very well!

I do appreciate that the 4hr runtime on max of the TK61 is a stand out feature, and for some applications this alone is a reason to buy this light...

kj2

Flashaholic
Fenix could start with using dedomed XM-L2 leds, just like Olight does. Would give it much more throw, but you will get a green/yellow-ish tint in return. Do like the cool white color I now have, from my TK61.

otis311

Newly Enlightened
Just 6 months for an update to the PD22UE. The thing just came out. Who am I kidding, I will be first in line to buy one.

andrew2

Newly Enlightened
Fenix LD25R (prototype)
"Currently rated to provide the same 1800 lumen output as the LD50, with USB recharging and a smaller overall size."
hrm22w.jpg

Courtesy of: flashlightguide

Fenix Store posted these on their Facebook. :)
0d9288474e7a14897d4d0c2bc3a097ed.jpg

643b5de8b958c2d09a3859eae14620b8.jpg

LD25R or LD52R?