Fenix E01 V2.0 Owners question.

tx725

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I have the Fenix L2D premium Q5 and the E12 V1.

What i like in these flashlights is the fact that when the battery is low, the high mode doesn't work, and when the battery is very low, i can only use the low mode.

I can see that i have to change the battery , without being totaly in the dark.

I would like to know what is the situation with the new Fenix E01 V2, i didn't read that there is a current regulation, so what happens when the battery life is decreasing ? All modes are dimming ? Or high mode doesn't work firstly , then the medium one, like the E12 and L2D ?

Thank you.

tx725

Newly Enlightened
Ok, just got this flashlight today.

I've made some tests, and apparently, when the battery is low, you can still have low and medium modes, and when you switch to high, there is no light and it automaticaly goes to low, so you know that the battery is low, but still having light.
I think that before you can't have high mode anymore, this one is dimming, i will test this fact later.

Very good point for this flashlight, because i have the olight i3E eos, and i love it, with an nimh (great because full power light during battery life) but while i was using it, it suddenly stopped working due to the fast discharge curve of an nimh, and i didn't saw a "dimming alert" before it stopped (was using it ofently in a day, a lot "of on/off" per day.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I knew the E05 holds the same output until "surprise, your battery is low" darkness and had read Fenix had solved that 'complaint' with the new E01 but had not confirmed it (yet).

Thanks for the info tx.

tx725

Newly Enlightened
I knew the E05 holds the same output until "surprise, your battery is low" darkness and had read Fenix had solved that 'complaint' with the new E01 but had not confirmed it (yet).

Thanks for the info tx.
I asked Fenix before posting in this forum, they answered me that the E01 will do the same as the E12 when the battery is low, , but i wanted users experiences to verify, and finaly got mine !

The "surprise, your battery is low" darkness can easily happen with a one mode flashlight and nimh, mainly if you're switching on/off many times per day, it results in a different battery life than expected...