Fenix E15 (XP-E R3)

johnny jape

Newly Enlightened
i just got my e15. is there any chance for getting a clip that fits the e15?
i know that there is a certain gerber light with a clip fitting also the e15, but i don't want to buy a new light only for the clip.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any up to date comments on the E15,i bought one to gift but having second thoughts and probably will keep it for myself as it suits to start in m mode.

Richub

Enlightened
I got mine for well over a year now, and it's still the little pocket rocket that impresses people who never saw it before.

I usually use lights on rechargeable batteries, but this little light is always near me in a pocket or bag.

@ Mcnair55: If you like it that much: Don't think twice about getting a second one to give away and enjoy your E15. :)

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine for well over a year now, and it's still the little pocket rocket that impresses people who never saw it before.

I usually use lights on rechargeable batteries, but this little light is always near me in a pocket or bag.

@ Mcnair55: If you like it that much: Don't think twice about getting a second one to give away and enjoy your E15. :)

@ Richub: I have taken your advice and keeping it and will gift either the Fenix EO5 or Nitecore T0 which thinking about it is probably more sensible as the battery is an easy find.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the E15 have a lens over the optic, or is the TIR exposed? I'd like to put diffusion film on one to smooth the beam more.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the E15 have a lens over the optic, or is the TIR exposed? I'd like to put diffusion film on one to smooth the beam more.

There is no lens, the TIR is directly exposed (... and does scratch easily...:()

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have tested the E15 with the Nitecore rcr123 and yes it's brighter vs the non rechargeable cr123 but it gets hot quickly.
About a minute tested it with rcr123.
I still prefer it using the non rechargeable cr123.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk 4

sunny_nites

Enlightened
I've had my E15 for close to a year now and gotta say this is one great light! It's only slightly larger than my Four 7s cr2 mini and uses the much more potent cr123 battery!

Ive tried 3.7v IMR cells and have noticed that the mid and high levels are the same, ie the mid level goes away and you only have a low and high. That has to be a bad sign.

I just got a set of lifepo4 bats in and they show a lot of promise. Their nominal voltage is about 3.2 which is about the same as a fresh primary cr123, so you get the mid level back.

Ive been running lifepo4s in a couple of cr2 lights and have very good results. Hopefully the cr123s will work out well too.