Fenix L2D CE and L1D CE runtime graphs

clipse

Enlightened
Re: Fenix L2D CE runtime graphs (L1D CE pending)

wow,awesome. i can't wait to get mine here.

Botnik

Newly Enlightened

EssLight said:
The runtime curves on max have some jagged spots. I see similar shapes in both the alkaline and lithium curves. Any idea what causes that?

Maybe the circuitry is seeing the battery voltage drop and is switching to a different regulation mode.

Kevin

TenPin

Newly Enlightened

Thanks a lot for your efforts chevrofreak. This is a great reference.

I reckon many of the L1D runtimes will be simply slightly less than half of the L2D runtimes.

Those runtimes on low are awesome.

Buckeye

Enlightened

111 lumens for 1:50 on AA NiMH!?!? :eek: I really liked my L2D CE before now the rest of my lights seem wimpy.:mad: I was perfectly happy with my L1P...maybe I need to replace it with the L1D.
Thanks again Chevrofreak. :rock:
Doug

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic

Chevrofreak -- thank you, sir !
goodjob.gif

And this light has such impressive regulation and runtime.

If i didn't already OWN one, i'd hafta' run right out and ORDER one !

Thank you for your efforts, Chevro !

And thank you to FourSevens for your great service.

Bet these graphs are gonna' sell a LOT of flashlights.
grinser2.gif

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

EssLight said:
The runtime curves on max have some jagged spots. I see similar shapes in both the alkaline and lithium curves. Any idea what causes that?

EssLight

My guess would be that the circuit is detecting that it is drawing less current than it is wanting to and it makes an attempt to pull even more. That's purely speculation though.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

BentHeadTX said:
Thank you, Chevro!
You burned up an 8 pack of lithium AA cells to give us those graphs so were do we send the $$ for your battery fund?

If you would like to donate via PayPal, you can follow this link http://lights.chevrofreak.com/roger/donations.htm or simply send the funds to chevrofreak @ hotmail . com

I really appreciate all the kind words and donations I get for doing these :)

BTW, the L1D CE is done and has been added to the first post.

AtomSphere

Enlightened
chevrofreak, thanks for the graphs. However, my runtime test on the L2D CE on max is 2H10min using the exact same batteries from from the charger at 1.44v.

Was your charge different?

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
AtomSphere said:
chevrofreak, thanks for the graphs. However, my runtime test on the L2D CE on max is 2H10min using the exact same batteries from from the charger at 1.44v.

Was your charge different?

No, mine came off at 1.450v but I think the difference is actually in the forward voltage of the LED and potentially in the minor differences between circuits.

The forward voltage of the LED will have the most significant impact on the runtime, a lower forward voltage having more runtime and a higher forward votlage having less.

Xygen

Enlightened
:drool:
Great work chevro! Thanks for your effort.
The wait has been worthwhile...

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chevro,

Thanks a ton for the new L1DCE graphs. Man that is one awesome light! 60+ lumens for two hours on one AA cell. I never thought a light that awesome would be available so quickly considering what were had only 1 year ago.

My question is how come the L91 gives much longer runtime than the 2650 rechargable cell on Low and Medium, but has very similar runtime on high/max? That doesn't make sense to me.

r0b0r

Enlightened
Hey Chevro (or anyone),
With either the L1 or L2, what is the indication of batteries about to poop out on Low mode (or any, for that matter)
Do we get erratic flickering?

Also, what's the tail end of this light - how long until we're in the dark?

Cheers!

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
r0b0r said:
Hey Chevro (or anyone),
With either the L1 or L2, what is the indication of batteries about to poop out on Low mode (or any, for that matter)
Do we get erratic flickering?

Also, what's the tail end of this light - how long until we're in the dark?

Cheers!
The light will go out when switching modes on low power. When that happens wait 30 seconds for the battery to recover somewhat and you can turn it on again; just leave it on a low setting.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
And a huge public "thank you" to Chevrofreak for his willingness to share his graphs and raw data with me, making my life a little easier. I will be adding his graphs to my L1D/L2D review on FlashlightReviews.com very soon.

Doug P.
FlashlightReviews.com

Bomo

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the runtime graphs - these really put the capability of these lights in perspective.

I was outside not long ago clearing snow from my driveway at night. I thought this a great opportunity to check out my new L1D, so strapped it to the handlebar in the snowblower. It was running on high for about an hour and I just couldn't get over the fact that it was putting out so much light for so long. I'm rather new to this flashlight stuff, but the fact that it didn't dim the whole time just amazed me.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
These graphs are great! Now how about a test with the L2Dce on low with all major AA cells for the sake of completeness. Just kidding of course, that would take all year! Thanks again!