Fenix Rc40 charging problem

cianfrinato

Newly Enlightened
Hi, my name is Andrea.
I have a question about my fenix rc40.
When battery is charging, blu leds never stop Light up successively even if I wait 10 hours. When i disconnect Power brick leds turn in solid blu.
I just want to know if your fenix works in the same way.
Thanks,
Andrea

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
When charging, the blue LEDs should turn on sequentially, going as high as the present charge status then shutting off, then starting over again.

When a full charge is reached, all 4 LED's will stay blue, no flashing.

When disconnecting the power brick all 4 LED's turn solid blue for about 5 seconds then shut off.

In use, all 4 LED's will be off unless you push on the status indicator button.

cianfrinato

Newly Enlightened
When charging, the blue LEDs should turn on sequentially, going as high as the present charge status then shutting off, then starting over again.

When a full charge is reached, all 4 LED's will stay blue, no flashing.

When disconnecting the power brick all 4 LED's turn solid blue for about 5 seconds then shut off.

In use, all 4 LED's will be off unless you push on the status indicator button.

Thanks for your answer Patriot,
My Fenix doesn't stop turning on sequentially leds, even if i wait ten hours charging.
Probably there is something wrong on my flashlight

bgiddins

Newly Enlightened
Have a similar question on charging - brand new RC40, when charging, blue lights 1, 2 and 4 flash - but the third one doesn't. Is this normal behaviour to indicate what the current charge is, or is there something wrong with the third blue light for it to not flash?

Just not sure if they should all flash in order 1 to 4, or if there's a "code" to indicate current charging status while plugged in to charge.

Edit - just checked and it's now fully charged, the third light is still out :( Looks like a dud out of the box.

Last edited:

GoBow

Newly Enlightened
My son just bought an RC40 and is also having problems charging. Blue lights on tail cap light sequentially. But battery doesn't charge. The light will function when connected to charger so at least we know it should operate. If the battery will charge. We have removed the "safety" caps from the battery. Any thoughts? Thanks!!!

fenix1

Newly Enlightened
My son just bought an RC40 and is also having problems charging. Blue lights on tail cap light sequentially. But battery doesn't charge. The light will function when connected to charger so at least we know it should operate. If the battery will charge. We have removed the "safety" caps from the battery. Any thoughts? Thanks!!!

Usually,When the power is properly connected, the four Fuel Gauge LED indicators will light up successively and turn off at the same time to indicate the charging process has begun. The LED indicators will turn solid blue to indicate full charging after about three and half hours.
Note: (1) Once charging is completed, be sure to plug the anti-dust cover.
(2) Charge the RC40 when the light is off to permit full and fast recharging.
(3) Please recharge a stored RC40 every four months to maintain optimum performance of the battery.

If you still couldn't slove your problem,please contact with fenix customer service center for help,email address:[email protected]