Fenix TK16 (XM-L2 U2, 1x18650 or 2xCR123A) Review

alnitak

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the review. I just purchased one today...on sale for $79.95 but found one in their clearance center for $62 -- new in box with all accessories! Looking forward to putting it to use.

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review :)

Your review of the PD32 UE is ultimately why I picked it :) The building beamshots helped :)

Thanks for your support. radiopej! :)

Those beamshots are important part of my review and omitting them leave it dull and flat. :tired:

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the review and I now have a better introduction to Fenix lights. :)

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is one badass review Sir, well done !

I ordered a Tk16, waiting on it.

I kind of wish I had snagged a Jetbeam M III Pro when they were available....killer throw on that bad boy.

Zdenek

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the nice review. I am going to upgrade from TK 11 to TK 16 soon.

cannedheat3000

Newly Enlightened
Great review! How well do you think this light would hold up on a rifle? Thanks for any input on this.

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great review! How well do you think this light would hold up on a rifle? Thanks for any input on this.

You will be able to mount the light on your gun with a rail-mount and remote switch cable entering the tailcap.
S-46.jpg

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
The ArmyTek Predator does a much better job of ACTUALLY remaining on Max. It stays at about 85%, until the battery is depleted (then the light dies) at 70 min. How is it regulated?

This Fenix immediately starts dropping, and seems to reach 85% after 10 minutes -- so I guess you have to click off/on to go back. Otherwise it drops to 75% at 20 min, before stepping down to 40%.

radiopej

Enlightened
If you're using the remote switch it will probably hold up better. I haven't found the included tailcap to be reliable, but I think it could be a great rifle light with the remote switch.

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ArmyTek Predator does a much better job of ACTUALLY remaining on Max. It stays at about 85%, until the battery is depleted (then the light dies) at 70 min. How is it regulated?

This Fenix immediately starts dropping, and seems to reach 85% after 10 minutes -- so I guess you have to click off/on to go back. Otherwise it drops to 75% at 20 min, before stepping down to 40%.

Yup, Predator X on max. does show excellent flat regulation before shut down due to the 18650 protection circuit kicking-in. As described in my review, you can go back to max. by clicking the secondary switch or turning the light off-on with the main switch. TK16 is a heavily-driven light runs on only one 18650 and gives you a continuously decrease in output in case of accumulated Turbo. Other heavily driven light with 1x18650 will be no exception. TK16 will give you much more output for at least 20 mins than Predator X. ;)

Jiri

Newly Enlightened
Excellent light. I have been using my TK16 quite a lot for the past 3 months and can't say a single bad word about it. I have also TK22 and old TK10... this is the best TK flashlight from Fenix so far, I would say. The dual tailcap switch is very handy for tactical purposes. Beam profile and even tint is very nice from my point of view. I just threw away the cigar ring, because it didn't feel right in my grip. I am really not worry about using it as a striking tool as well. What are you experiences? :)

Last edited:

Scotterics

Newly Enlightened
i want fast access to max and min

Same thing here....
I'm about ready to order a armytek dobermann pro...
Turbo with the head tightened and can set low in the "memory" with the head loosened...

I'm surprised that easy access to either high or low on demand from OFF isn't more common.. You would think that it would be a great feature...

shodid

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested in seeing some comparison shots to the Nitecore P12GT. I'm considering between the two for my next purchase and I'd like to see them side by side at about 300 feet to compare flood and hotspot throw. Does anyone have both that can comment ?

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in seeing some comparison shots to the Nitecore P12GT. I'm considering between the two for my next purchase and I'd like to see them side by side at about 300 feet to compare flood and hotspot throw. Does anyone have both that can comment ?

1. 85m
85m-P12GT-TK16.jpg

85m-P12GT-TK16.gif

2. 120m
120m-P12GT-TK16.jpg

120m-P12GT-TK16.gif

Welcome to CPF. shodid! :wave:

Kudzu

Newly Enlightened
Killer beamshots, candle lamp. Your format is one of the most useful I've seen. :thumbsup:

Candle_Kid

Newly Enlightened
Reading your review, especially the last shots,I purchased the... Nitecore P12GT.
Thank you for the review.

interesting enough the P12GT was also on my list, reason why i got TK16 is that TK16 allows me to use mode button w/o switching grip, so from a single std tactical fist grip i can use power on/off and mode buttons. i guess one could pinky the mode button of P12GT, but its not easy to index the grip so that pinky & mode button are together. my TK16 is a great "little" light. TK16 however does not tail stand, and, one feature i wish TK16 had is a sealed USB charge port, so maybe in the future a TK16.1 ;)

some other lights that have mode button on body, i believe others you can logically change mode button functions to the tail cap button.

Latest posts