Fenix TK35 Ultimate Edition 2018

Jiri

Newly Enlightened
Fenix has been making this light for almost 10 years. This is just the 2018 edition. They didn't steal any ideas from nitecore. Maybe vice versa.

I am not talking about the light itself, but the concept of the dual tail switch with rotary mode switch. They are definitely inspired by NiteCore P36. Off course, they put a lot more thought in to that TK35 2018.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not talking about the light itself, but the concept of the dual tail switch with rotary mode switch. They are definitely inspired by NiteCore P36. Off course, they put a lot more thought in to that TK35 2018.

:poke:

Enlightened
I think CRI is more important than color temperature. I have one neutral light (Nitecore MH20) and it has very low CRI, instead of making colors pop it makes everything turn yellow. I think 5000K is a perfect color temperature (looks like sunlight), higher CRI does the job, D4 is the second highest efficiency bin, XHP35 HD should provide great versatile beam without going to extremes. And that's why it would fit TK35 perfectly, it's a well rounded flashlight which is very good in every category.
I've been a collector for almost 10 years and the MT-G2 version of the TK35 is still my favorite light in my collection even if some people sneer at its low CRI.

colight

Enlightened
Whichever way you look at it, I still think this new version is a must-have (for me anyway!).

:devil:

HouseBuilder328

Newly Enlightened
Amazing review! Thank you so much for this and pics. I have a Fenix PD35 and was wondering exactly how the TK35 fits into my needs. Definitely helps with pictures. I'm also tired of these custom flashlight and companies coming out with exotic metals and ridiculous lumen numbers but they fail to impress. This one seems to perform accordingly.

colight

Enlightened
I can understand the need for the flattish shape of this flashlight's handle, but if any of you guys have had this kind of light for some time, can you give me an indication on the comfort level of this shape if used continuously over a period of time compared with the traditional round shape?

texas cop

Enlightened
I can understand the need for the flattish shape of this flashlight's handle, but if any of you guys have had this kind of light for some time, can you give me an indication on the comfort level of this shape if used continuously over a period of time compared with the traditional round shape?

I've used the earlier version for a few years. Handle grips well, it's rounded so no edges pressing into your grip. The flaring at the head and tail keeps the light in your hand.

colight

Enlightened
I've used the earlier version for a few years. Handle grips well, it's rounded so no edges pressing into your grip. The flaring at the head and tail keeps the light in your hand.

This makes perfect sense, thanks @texas cop.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone got side-by-side beam shots of this light and the tk35UE MT-G2? The beam shots here and in the few other places that i can find them look like the color temp is too cool for a good outdoor light. Has anyone that owns the MT-G2 bought this one and can comment on the color temp and CRI of this version in comparison?

Last edited:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone got side-by-side beam shots of this light and the tk35UE MT-G2? The beam shots here and in the few other places that i can find them look like the color temp is too cool for a good outdoor light. Has anyone that owns the MT-G2 bought this one and can comment on the color temp and CRI of this version in comparison?
I ended up buying the 2018 version, because of the new UI and I just generally like this model and wanted to test it against two earlier revisions. Waiting for the dark.