Fenix TK40 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yapo

Enlightened
Re: Fenix TK40 part2

I'm waiting for a review before considering purchasing!

+1 ive always wanted something more high powered but since it wont be fitting in any of my pockets i'm not sure how i will carry it around...i'm currently considering this or the cheaper dimmer DX MC-E P60 drop in...
Plz convince me soon!:poke:

AusKipper

Enlightened

"Come on you lazy Flashaholics! Wake up and post some damn review..."

Oh please please please, I am desperate for some beamshots too, and comparisons, particularly a comparison with a TK10, please please please!!

Maybe they have all blinded themselves with it, and are unable to post a review.....

Regards,
Kipper

importculture

Newly Enlightened

Huge props to 4sevens and his team! I didn't expect to have my TK40 in my sweaty hands till tomorrow or monday. I was so surprised when it was there in the mail today. I gotta say it is definately a nice light. The box and accessories are a huge bonus. I don't particularly like the UI. The press and hold to change intensities and the double click in different intensity modes for different stobes is alittle cumbersome. But the beam and the brightness is incredible. The high is about as bright as my jetII on high which is good. But the turbo mode is where it shines literally. On turbo it easily trounces my terralux TLE300 in a 6d mag. I thought maybe fresh D's would help but no such luck the TK40 is just heaps brighter than the TLE drop in. I know the beam patterns are different but you can just see the difference in output especially in a ceiling bounce test. I'm really hopeing some manuacturer can do this kind of output on a set of cr123's hoping 2 seeing as the tK40 can run on just 4 AA's. I gotta say the electronic switch is awesome. I love the light click and find myself pressing it just for fun. I was kinda likeing the look of the clear battery carrier but I guess the Microfire warrior style battery carrier is more durable. Speaking of microfire, the TK40 is surprisingly brighter than my warrior although it could be partially due to the color temp. I'm very impressed with the TK40 I have to say I wasn't expecting the output to be so high. I know the MC-E were suppose to be impressive but I was really surprised. I also like the nice MC-E with the copper beneath the die's. I was wondering if this is what the MC-E looks like what led is in the surefire catalog. Is it an MC-E from a different factory, time, bin, or is it a P7?

streetmaster

Enlightened

You know somebody HAS to say it...

worthless.gif

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am looking forward to this light. I don't buy that many lights these days (seem that not that many float my boat), but this one I am looking forward to. I have a couple of other MC-E lights (Malkoff, Tiablo), and the MC-E is impressive.

Ryanrpm

Enlightened

C'mon, it's Saturday too! Help us flashaholics out with some PICTURES.:poke::candle::popcorn:

A/V Dude

Newly Enlightened

Mine came today. I like the plastic case it came in.
I opened the case and took out the flash light, nice weight (empty). I unscrewed the tail cap, Slid out the battery case and loaded it with eight Radio Crap Alkaline Batts.(after triple checking that all batts were in the right way). I slid the battery holder back in, screwed the tail cap back on and hit the switch..........Nothing:thinking: So I check the batts again, no problem there.
I take the head off and check the contacts clean no residu. I give the contacts a lite scratching just to be sure it is clean. Still nothing.:thinking:
So I take the tail cap off, and disasemble the switch (easy with needle nose pliers) and check the contacts there. Residu is present between gold and alum contacts clean with shirt, reasemble and.....................................

To be continued!
:nana:

shrock

Newly Enlightened

No beam pics here. The beams seems kinda in between a flood and a throw light.....which I guess is pretty typical for most LED's It's definitely not what I would call a flood light, but the hot spot is huge over about 70 yds so it doesnt really seem like the hand held spot light I was kinda hoping for. There is defintely LOTS of light though. Nice white tint on mine.

I was comparing with my Fenix P3D and I went and changed the batteries bec they were low and it was running real dim...I thought. After changing the batteries I realized it was running full blast and just seemed dim next to the monster.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast

the hot spot is huge over about 70 yds so it doesnt really seem like the hand held spot light I was kinda hoping for.

Maybe half an acrylic ball might solve that problem? I guess I'll find out when I get mine

Status
Not open for further replies.