Fenix TK61

357mag1

Enlightened
A tri-emitter light with a shallow(er) reflector will not out-throw a deep reflector flashlight. The TK75 provides massive output but it is flood output and not throw. You seem to keep confusing massive output with brighter when in fact there are all sorts of different beam profiles based upon the reflector. Want something that will light up your entire back yard? Get a tri-emitter like the TK75. Want to try and spot something > 800 meters away? You need a deep throw reflector. There is no best of both worlds, you either sacrifice flood for throw or sacrifice throw for flood. That is why people who want all throw go with aspherics which have no spill at all, and people who want all flood cover their lenses with frosted film.

The TK70 cannot out throw the SR90. The TK75 does have more overall output, but it is using shallower reflectors so while you light up a larger area the beam profile isn't concentrated like the deep reflector flashlights.

I compared my TK75 to my SR90 before getting rid of the SR90 and determined the SR90 had slightly more throw but less output. Your statement above would be fairly accurate when comparing the same LED types. Due to the huge difference in die size between the XML and SST90 it shouldn't be used to describe why the SR90 out throws a stock TK75.

For example if your statement was completely accurate my modified TK75 would not be able to totally outclass the SR90 which it does. The modified TK75 throws so well and puts out so much light it makes the SR90 look anemic. In fact my modified TK41 will out throw a stock SR90.

LowFlux

Enlightened
The TK75 is impressive for it's sheer level of output, for sure...but it's still not a thrower. It hangs with the big boys due to it's massive overall output.

This light is not a K40vn killer in terms of throw. It does kill the K40vn in terms on lumen though. It is it own beast really.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Am reading the TK61 manual better, and as this thread tells; http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?381916-Fenix-AEU-43-USB-Kit
more cool stuff should come :)
The manual clearly talks about the AEU-43 USB charging kit and a ARB-L5 batterypack for the TK61(/TK75).

2qu3cki.png

Last edited:

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be really nice to see Cree MK-R emitters in some of these new throwers.

I think quite the opposite. You would get the most extreme donut hole ever... (worse than MC-E and P7 throwers from a few years ago).
Because of this and because of the lower intnsity of the led, you would get much less trow.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still confused as to what Fenix is thinking: They will wait to see if the cool white version sells... but then nobody who buys the cool white version is going to spend another 150 on a neutral tinted version.

Is this basically just their way of saying they aren't doing a neutral tint version?

markr6

Flashaholic
I'm still confused as to what Fenix is thinking: They will wait to see if the cool white version sells... but then nobody who buys the cool white version is going to spend another 150 on a neutral tinted version.

Is this basically just their way of saying they aren't doing a neutral tint version?

I'm curious too. This light is pretty expensive so I'm not sure I'll buy one, but the neutral white option was the only thing pushing me to get this light.

weegidy

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious too. This light is pretty expensive so I'm not sure I'll buy one, but the neutral white option was the only thing pushing me to get this light.

All of my lights are neutral white, even my car headlights are 5000k HID. What's the draw towards neutral white?

ven

Flashaholic
Is it not the closest to the sun in colour rendition.........so best results in dark for colours without being washed out.

markr6

Flashaholic
Is it not the closest to the sun in colour rendition.........so best results in dark for colours without being washed out.

Yup. And and light like this is probably going to get a lot of use outdoors. I hate cool whites in general, but outdoors they look even worse IMO. Neutral white has less output but with a monster thrower like this, I can handle it.

ven

Flashaholic
Yup. And and light like this is probably going to get a lot of use outdoors. I hate cool whites in general, but outdoors they look even worse IMO. Neutral white has less output but with a monster thrower like this, I can handle it.

Mark(from another mark:)) do what i have done and get a vn version,you can have what you want,more power,beefed up(in short where manufacturers save money he uses better components/materials)

Just a thought,thats all:thumbsup: de-domed will throw twice as far and as you have probably read,from testing its showing 622-630kcd..........

With over 1700lm too,just an awesome package ,soon as get it any day i will give you any feedback if required,by pm if prefer so wont derail this thread(pics too):twothumbs

Best regards ven:thumbsup:

Last edited:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The modded TK61 sounds like a beast, but I still haven't verified that it doesn't really require step down. At 1700 lumens that thing will surely still get hot even with the better components and good heat sinking some are saying he added.

I really want a stock TK61 with a neutral emitter :< . Surely they have the emitters for it, so I don't understand why they don't just make it a limited run and sell a thousand or more to dealers. It would satisfy a lot of people here on CPF who want one and they would surely still sell out eventually.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
My TK61 has arrived today, I made ​​a good impression.
But for the moment the lux meter says only 130-136 kcd (TK61 tested with only two AW 2900mA)
Now go out and try to do some Beamshot

(translate with Google)

Review Pending

mclc.jpg

kc3g.jpg

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
The modded TK61 sounds like a beast, but I still haven't verified that it doesn't really require step down. At 1700 lumens that thing will surely still get hot even with the better components and good heat sinking some are saying he added.

Big light ,1700lm imo it shouldn't need step down,even the small nitecore tm light at 1300 lumen will run and noticeably different size,emitter,reflector/s size.Then tk75 (little closer to size but still smaller) on high at 1200lm will run without step down .Obv steps down off turbo but that's 2900lm..and can be back up to turbos traitor from step down.

just some thoughts martinaee ,I cant prove yet but would be very shocked if stepped down regarding 1700lm and the size of light head for heat dissipation.

Maybe ask on then thread,not read any reports about that.....yet :thumbsup:

Best regards ven :thumbsup:

ven

Flashaholic
Congrats stefano :twothumbsA beast of a light,try with 4 cells and hopefully will see a difference:thumbsup: As it may conserve the high mode for run times using 2 cells...just a thought

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys, but the TK61 can't compete with the Olight SRS-UT (see post #352).

I already sold mine on the MarketPlace as a result.

It should have no problem out throwing an Olight SR95S UT.

Latest posts