Fenix TK75 2018 (4x XHP35 HI, 4x 18650, Rechargeable) Review

^^^

I like they Grey silicone rubber buttons better.I have/had some lights w/ the metal button and they get too hot. The silicone buttons also have a better feel.

domho8

Newly Enlightened
Tk75 beam.
fca4a62cdf6e86e1b0b9df31840896ee.jpg

harro

Enlightened
A couple of pics of three TK75's. Sorry about the ambient light. Sony HXV200 ISO100, f3.2, 3 seconds.
Stop sign is about 55M from camera, white wall of garage, behind stop sign, is 115M from camera.

:)

CONTROL
89bmJKZ.jpg

FENIX TK75 2900 lm
AOMKhOA.jpg

FENIX TK75'15 4000 lm
BhJirXj.jpg

FENIX TK75'18 5100 lm
7d1nUK7.jpg

Another mistake, sorry about the red tinges in the TK75 '18 shot. The neighbour had arrived home between the '15 pic and the '18 pic, and i had taken the photo while they still had their stoplights on. The squiggly line in the '18 pic is a bug that flew past while the shutter was open.

Last edited:

colight

Enlightened
Beautiful pictures that show the differences in output very clearly. I'm in love with this light, and thinking of purchasing it this year.

harro

Enlightened
Beautiful pictures that show the differences in output very clearly. I'm in love with this light, and thinking of purchasing it this year.

I like the TK in all its incarnations. Like all Fenix lights, the build quality is consistant and of a high standard. They arent the most powerful out there, but are more than enough for the likely use they will be put to. The '18 version, at least in my examples, would be the most ' neutral ' in its output. It sort of spreads like the '15, but incorporates a hotspot like the old 2,900, 3 x XML version. Some dont like the metal buttons, but they work, and dont get hot. Now, before this starts sounding like a Fenix love-in, there are a couple of things i would change. The cell carriers, while they work well, are a bit old hat. Why not move to the milled out battery tube like a lot of others have done? And with six outputs in the '18 version, why couldnt low be a real ' moonlight ' mode. Dont let these gripes put you off though, its still a real nice light. Cant wait for the 2020 version!!!

colight

Enlightened
I like the TK in all its incarnations. Like all Fenix lights, the build quality is consistant and of a high standard. They arent the most powerful out there, but are more than enough for the likely use they will be put to. The '18 version, at least in my examples, would be the most ' neutral ' in its output. It sort of spreads like the '15, but incorporates a hotspot like the old 2,900, 3 x XML version. Some dont like the metal buttons, but they work, and dont get hot. Now, before this starts sounding like a Fenix love-in, there are a couple of things i would change. The cell carriers, while they work well, are a bit old hat. Why not move to the milled out battery tube like a lot of others have done? And with six outputs in the '18 version, why couldnt low be a real ' moonlight ' mode. Dont let these gripes put you off though, its still a real nice light. Cant wait for the 2020 version!!!

@harro, thanks for this write-up. This gives me a broad sense of what to expect. I agree that this light, as do many others, will not be perfect in everyone's eyes. I don't only look at a light, whether it be a flashlight, a headlamp or whatever, from the perspective of a collector. I actually use my lights, and my relatives use them, so I also consider that. I consider the absence of a real moonlight mode of lesser importance, because I never found a use for it, as did neutral white. As long as I have light driving away the darkness, I am happy, but I do respect other's feelings about their likes and dislikes. As such I think I may have changed my opinion ever so slightly towards neutral white LEDs as well. All things considered, I am looking forward to the day I can lay my hands on this TK75, though! This more than meets my requirements. I really don't need a flashlight that can burn a hole through the sun.

harro

Enlightened
@colight, yeah, unlike another 5,000lm 1 x XHP70 light i have, you know you can go to any of the TK's, throw in a set of cells, and off you go. For me at least, they are a go to light. On the nite stand as a gentle light, or out dispatching feral rabbits et al, they do it all. I'm sure it will be all you want it to be.

ro.ma.

Enlightened
Thanks for the review. I have the 2600 lumens version and I'm still undecided if I go to this one.

Caspian

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for this nice review, the TK75 has definitely stepped up a few places on my want-list.

colight

Enlightened
After a long time of deciding, I finally decided to pull the plug on this 2018 5100 lumen version. Although I haven't had time to test this light, my initial impression of this light is: AWESOME!! I don't care that there may be other, better flashlights out there. I feel like Santa Claus has come early this year. Boy, am I going to enjoy this lovely addition to my line-up!

harro

Enlightened
After a long time of deciding, I finally decided to pull the plug on this 2018 5100 lumen version. Although I haven't had time to test this light, my initial impression of this light is: AWESOME!! I don't care that there may be other, better flashlights out there. I feel like Santa Claus has come early this year. Boy, am I going to enjoy this lovely addition to my line-up!

They are an awsome, useable, reasonably sized light, that does everything well. The other night i was at my parents place, and approximately 400M from their front gate ( google measurer ), is one of four lighting towers with an array of about fifty lights, for illuminating a football field. My bro in law showed some interest in the TK75'18 i had with me, and asked what it could do. We went out the front and shone it up the street etc, and he was impressed. I said watch this, and pointed it at the light tower. You could see the light from the '75 reflecting off the back of the light tower. His jaw dropped. Actually, i was secretly impressed, as i didnt think it would manage that, but, it wasnt a problem. Add in the usual Fenix quality and you will have a winner. Do i sound biased? Yep!! I really enjoy my TK's!!!

:D

colight

Enlightened
They are an awsome, useable, reasonably sized light, that does everything well. The other night i was at my parents place, and approximately 400M from their front gate ( google measurer ), is one of four lighting towers with an array of about fifty lights, for illuminating a football field. My bro in law showed some interest in the TK75'18 i had with me, and asked what it could do. We went out the front and shone it up the street etc, and he was impressed. I said watch this, and pointed it at the light tower. You could see the light from the '75 reflecting off the back of the light tower. His jaw dropped. Actually, i was secretly impressed, as i didnt think it would manage that, but, it wasnt a problem. Add in the usual Fenix quality and you will have a winner. Do i sound biased? Yep!! I really enjoy my TK's!!!

:D

I, for one, am definitely going to believe and agree with you, harro. The TK's are truely fantastic! Well, most of them anyway, as I've read the thread about the tail switch of the TK35 UE 2018 coming apart, which is a shame. But anyway, another personal favorite of mine is the TK47. I only had (I gifted it to my son) the "normal" version, and I was amazed at the beam it threw. I personally measured it at over 400 m, at which distance I could still clearly see a tree, and not only make it out. I wouldn't go as far as to say that I could count the leaves, though! :D