Fenix TK75(3*U2 LEDs, 2600 lumens)

kj2

Flashaholic
My dealer wants my light back because of the fog-problem. Hope they can fix it (or ship me a new one)

edit; They can't shipped me a new one- because they don't have a TK75 in stock :(

Last edited:

jmm244

Newly Enlightened
There was some speculation in earlier posts about battery configuration, and the light is indeed Two Series/Two Parallel. Mine works fine on two 2600 mAh protected cells, as long as you get them in right. There are four plastic "pillars" in the battery carrier, two have wide symmetrical triangular grooves and the other two have narrower off-center triangular grooves. When using only two batteries, load them on both sides of either one of the pillars with the wider symmetrical grooves.

Fenix also states in the instructions included with the light that it both can AND can't be use with four or eight CR123A (primary lithium) batteries, depending on which page you look on. I wonder what that's all about...

jmm244

Newly Enlightened
Did some more testing with different batteries, and it looks like some brands/capacities work noticeably better than others when running on two cells. I tried a pair of XTAR 18700 2600 mAh (black) cells that also tested 100% on a ZTS Pulse Load Multi-Battery Tester, but the light dropped back from Turbo to High mode after about 30 to 60 seconds. Certainly usable in a pinch though...

xlight

Banned
My impressions of the TK75 is so far good and i am planning to buy it, but if it turns out that one can run it on the highest mode for only 20 minutes and not being able to restart it again at the highest mode, then i will not buy it!

TK75 would step down on the turbo mode after 20 minutes, but you could restart the turbo mode instantly.

bluemax_1

Enlightened
So were the pictures of the TK70 head to TK75 body adapter mockups a potentially official thing? Or someone's home project. While I do like what I've seen of the TK75 thus far on the 'net, aside from the skinny 'neck', I think I'd prefer the TK70/75 frankenstein.

The TK70 doesn't have a timer for its Max output does it? From what I've seen, it has enough spill for me, and is a noticeably better thrower. Just swap the form factor so the TK70 doesn't resemble a mace or war club from medieval times.

Max

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
So were the pictures of the TK70 head to TK75 body adapter mockups a potentially official thing? Or someone's home project. While I do like what I've seen of the TK75 thus far on the 'net, aside from the skinny 'neck', I think I'd prefer the TK70/75 frankenstein.

The TK70 doesn't have a timer for its Max output does it? From what I've seen, it has enough spill for me, and is a noticeably better thrower. Just swap the form factor so the TK70 doesn't resemble a mace or war club from medieval times.

Max

A dealer in Hongkong said he is awaiting delivery of battery tube adaptors for the TK70 head for use with 18650s.

jfl

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if Fenix will sell TK70 heads separately.... First, though, I hope they drive those xmls much harder...

snala

Newly Enlightened
I wish someone would post a video or same exposure still shots of the TK75 vs the TK70? In complete darkness with something to actually show the throw relative distance like a person at 500 ft or......, and not on snow covered ground as that over exposes the photo, would be good too please. Patriots was very good, just wish he had a TK70 too. :thumbsup:

Oh and for drying out moist air. Put the torch in the refrigerator open without batteries for a bit then load it up and put the tailcap on inside the fridge. It's dry cool air in there.
People with Go Pro's have been using that one for a while to stop fogging.

Last edited:

BurnBrighter

Newly Enlightened
A dealer in Hongkong said he is awaiting delivery of battery tube adaptors for the TK70 head for use with 18650s.

Any ETA on the adapters? I picked mine up from shaologear.com and they had them instock. I will get it in the am.

How do the Fenix batt. compare to other that have been tested? Like Panasonic? Thanx!

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any ETA on the adapters? I picked mine up from shaologear.com and they had them instock. I will get it in the am.

How do the Fenix batt. compare to other that have been tested? Like Panasonic? Thanx!

I just looked at shaologear.com and it has no picture of the 18650 battery adaptor tube for the TK70. How much did you get yours?

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
I just got my TK75 last night, and it ABSOLUTELY KILLS my ThruNite TN30. What an amazing light! It doesn't throw as well as the TN31, but I wasn't expecting it to. Great light, great throw, and great spill all in one long range powerhouse. I give this thing a 10!

NorthernStar

Enlightened

Max

I also wonder about all these things mentioned above! Since now it´s officially that the TK75 drops down to 40% in effect after 20 minutes of use and can be permanently damaged if one reactivates it immediately, i have now abandoned any purchase plan of the TK75.

I have always thought that the TK70 has an outstanding beam with better throw and enough spill,but the large size resembling of a warclub has stopped me from buying it!

Does the TK70 step down in effect while running it at the highest mode? Does anyone know more about the 18650 adapter for the TK70(length of it and how many of 18650 batteries it can carry)? :eek:oo: I can´t find this mysterious adapter neither at Fenix homepage or at shaologear.com anyway.

Bigpapi13

Newly Enlightened
Just received word from Fenix saying shipment delayed due to a battery being left in a flashlight??? Supposed to arrive on Monday...waiting a month now for this light:mad: Seems like I'll be waiting a little longer. Same thing with the Nitecore EA4...still waiting.

solrpwr

Newly Enlightened
I also wonder about all these things mentioned above! Since now it´s officially that the TK75 drops down to 40% in effect after 20 minutes of use and can be permanently damaged if one reactivates it immediately, i have now abandoned any purchase plan of the TK75.

If you look at the chart I'm pretty sure it's referring to the brightness dropping to 40%, it's not saying it's used 60% off the capacity. 1100 lumens/2600 lumens is roughly 42%. I live where it's under 0C most of the year so when I'm out and about I can probably restart turbo just about as much as I want till the batteries die if I wanted too, but how often am I going to really need 2600 lumens over 1100?

Patriot

Flashaholic
I've always liked your vids Patriot, Nice job!

Thanks buddy! I appreciate that!

Just finished editing part 1 of the full video review. I've included more beamshots, with better quality, out to 640 yards. Yeah, 640 yards on a powerline tower! Even I was surprised to see that. The others were at 200 yards on a powerline tower with really good comparison results....almost exactly what the eye was seeing.

I got to thinking about the performance to dollar value of the TK75 and can't really think of any other light that can better it at this time. It nearly throws as well as the SR90 but with a much nicer, wider, search beam.

I'm impressed that Fenix seems to have been listening to enthusiast and for bringing us a 4 x 18650 light. I respect the TK70 but would never personally own one. Too much goofball factor with length and batteries since I don't use D size for anything else. I think they should have designed that light as a side by side and given it a top carry handle. I always prefer the most compact formula I can get my hands on IF it will fulfill the role it's designed for. I'm going to call the TK75 the ultimate, LED, SAR light. At least it's the one that I would choose after witnessing what I've seen so far. :)

bluemax_1

Enlightened
Thanks buddy! I appreciate that!

Just finished editing part 1 of the full video review. I've included more beamshots, with better quality, out to 640 yards. Yeah, 640 yards on a powerline tower! Even I was surprised to see that. The others were at 200 yards on a powerline tower with really good comparison results....almost exactly what the eye was seeing.

I got to thinking about the performance to dollar value of the TK75 and can't really think of any other light that can better it at this time. It nearly throws as well as the SR90 but with a much nicer, wider, search beam.

I'm impressed that Fenix seems to have been listening to enthusiast and for bringing us a 4 x 18650 light. I respect the TK70 but would never personally own one. Too much goofball factor with length and batteries since I don't use D size for anything else. I think they should have designed that light as a side by side and given it a top carry handle. I always prefer the most compact formula I can get my hands on IF it will fulfill the role it's designed for. I'm going to call the TK75 the ultimate, LED, SAR light. At least it's the one that I would choose after witnessing what I've seen so far. :)
If the TK70's form factor is the primary detractor, how about the TK70 with adapter to use the TK75 body vs the TK75?

Short form factor, 4x18650, better thrower but still decent spill, bigger head but better heatsinking (and no timer restriction on Max/Turbo? Can someone confirm this for the TK70?). Would you still pick the 75? I'm curious. It would be even better if someone had both to directly compare them 'cuz I'm seriously considering getting one or the other.

At this time though, IF the TK70 can handle Max/Turbo output better without a timer or potentially reaching damaging temperatures in constant Max output under the same ambient conditions as the 75, I would lean towards the 70 with 75 body adapter.

Max

Bwolcott

Enlightened
If the TK70's form factor is the primary detractor, how about the TK70 with adapter to use the TK75 body vs the TK75?

Short form factor, 4x18650, better thrower but still decent spill, bigger head but better heatsinking (and no timer restriction on Max/Turbo? Can someone confirm this for the TK70?). Would you still pick the 75? I'm curious. It would be even better if someone had both to directly compare them 'cuz I'm seriously considering getting one or the other.

At this time though, IF the TK70 can handle Max/Turbo output better without a timer or potentially reaching damaging temperatures in constant Max output under the same ambient conditions as the 75, I would lean towards the 70 with 75 body adapter.

Max

look back a few pages their are pics of this already