Fenix TKUE18 post mortem/autopsyl, fatal design flaw?

lwknight

Enlightened
Re: Fenix TKUE18 dissapointment then joy then buring smell, third time lucky?

I used to be Fenix all the way but now I have decided that I like Nitecore much better. It seems that everything Fenix has, Nitecore has a slightly better version.
Other brands are their own thing and I have a lot of different lights but I think Nitecore is an upgraded Fenix for disappointed Fenix fans except for the TK75 my favorite.

Richard_T

Newly Enlightened

All done and dusted, item returned, postage paid, just waiting for my bank to catchup and show the refund for the torch.
the TK75 is on my list as a potential replacement, however it does appear to be a little bit on the bulky side

lwknight

Enlightened

TK75 is a bit bulky but I'm 6'2" and have big hands so it is not cumbersome at all. If you are 5' with stubby fingers it may not be too comfortable.

BushcrafterAU

Newly Enlightened

any ideas on an alternative? I bought some 18650 cells for it, so would be looking for 3,000 lumen+ and similar size
Look at the Olight range. The M2R is 1,500 lumen... H2R is 2,400 lumen... they've got s big range all built very well.

Last edited:

Richard_T

Newly Enlightened

So far in the consideration list is..
Olight X7 Marauder
nitecore Tiny monster TM06, however a review on amazon said..
Not worth the money!!.... It only took about a week before the power/on off button came off.
and with my previous button issues this is one area im looking into

Fenix TK75 (2018) has stainless steel ( or another type of metal ie alumnium ) buttons however is it to big to fit in a jacket pocket such as a water proof outer jacket?

Latest posts