Fenix

Vemice

Enlightened
Just two E01s.
1GDiUYgh.jpg

chFXMuFh.jpg

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a lot of great Fenix lights in my hands. Older pd32, ld12, ld22, ld11, e12, and of course a load of E01s. Never really had an issue with them either. Just good solid lights. The older ones like the L1P have a minimalist styling that still calls to me. The E12 is prob the closest style wise with current lights. I wish I had some of those lights back that I gifted or sold and have more than once thought of sending a Fenix to Vinh for an led swap.

gravelmonkey

Enlightened
I've not bought any Fenix in a number of years after they changed their UI's; I used to love the head tight/loose = high/Lo user interface. All of mine continue to be users:

LD20 with Nichia 219b mod
TK20(!)
E21

Ishango

Enlightened
I still have and have had many Fenix lights. Of all of them only once I had a problem with my PD30 and it was replaced promptly under warranty. Don't like the new lockout function blinking twice to indicate lockout has been enabled on some newer lights. I use the lockout for a reason. I don't want to have to explain why my pocket is flashing. Other than that great lights.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ballpark, I have 35 Fenix lights: not sure that qualifies as a collector but definitely my fav brand as a flashaholic! Have a few old Klarus and Nitecore lights too but I don't even consider buying lights from other brands anymore.

Like posters above, loved the older Fenix lights - I mostly own models released between 2009 and 2013. Since 2014 I have mainly purchased headlamps, the TK09 and, more recently, the Fenix PD35 Tac. I got it because of the two-state UI which Fenix had introduced with the TK30 and TK12: it was activated by loosening and tightening the head twice in a short interval while the PD35 Tac has that function in the electronic button. The old LD and PD series also kind of had two states considering there were multiple modes with the head tightened or loosened. Most of the models released recently don't fit my needs but I have gifted a few! Looking forward to the Fenix TK09 Tac as it looks like it's going to be a multi-state light.

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Great thread here !

lovecpf

On 9/23/2006, I received from David Chow's Fenix Store
(in Atlanta, Georgia) my first order EVER ! --

Fenix E0 "Dart" Natural (1xAAA)

Fenix E1 Natural (1xAAA)

Civictor V1 Black (1xAA)

Cost me $ 70.01 total order, with free shipping.

I still HAVE them all, and they are
Quite Sentimental to me.

However --
My Fenix E0 light has long since * DIED *.
:mecry:

No idea why . . . .

Sos24

Enlightened
I have a few Fenix that I find useful and like
UC02ss
PD25
LD12
CL20

I am also considering adding a PD35 for a higher lumen light.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Enlightened
I started with Fenix and have a fondness for their styles and quality.

I have a few E01, three E05 stainless, an E99Ti, an E12, three E20s no shake (very tight beam), an LD 12, a PD35 TAC and a PD25... and here's where it gets fuzzy. I bought two giant lights, one is a TK something and it takes that huge 26xxx something battery, then I bought another that focuses and it uses the same monster battery. Finally, I have a HL something 365 lumen headlamp which is great for many things.

So I really like Fenix but some of the lights I wish they would just have a single button to operate, it would be easier then fumbling around trying to find the side button.

My fav EDC is my E05SS. It's been reliable for 3 years now and I bought two spares just in case they quit making them. I run lithiums or eloops in them just to avoid any leakage.

Cool thread! I'm wanting some more Fenix in my collection.

Sos24

Enlightened
I wouldn't necessarily say I am a collector, but I do have a few Fenix lights.
- E05
- UC30ss
- LD12
-PD20
-PD25
- CL20

Rob.V

Newly Enlightened
This is somewhat of a collection right?
I'm using Fenix for years now. Never bought an other brand of LED light.
I ran into them when I was in the military. I saw a collegue with an L2D and had to have one.
That was the and of the big bulky Maglites on the belt.
1k0.jpg

longuylander

Newly Enlightened
Hello. This is my first post on this forum. I was compiling a list of my SAK, multitool, and knife collection (70 in all, right now) and realized that I also have eleven flashlights. As for Fenix, I have:

E05
F15
E15
E20
PD35 V2.0

My E05 is pretty beat up, and has been replaced on my keychain with a Lumintop EDC01. I'd EDC the F15, but I don't want to take it out of the box. The E15 is a bit big for a keychain, so I use it around the house. The E20 is great for outdoors, with a really good throw. I just purchased the PD35, and the battery is still charging for it as I type.

I've got a few small Nitecores (a Tini, a Tube, and a TUP in the mail). I've got a couple of Maglites (a Solitaire which gets no use, and a ML300L 3D which is used when my dog runs away at night).

My big question, considering this thread is about collection Fenix lights, is what number F15 people have. I have seen a lot of places talking about its limited run, but never giving a number. Finding the highest number can give us an idea. Mine is numbered 1087. Anybody else have a number they want to post?

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't collect Fenixes per se, but I think that the L2D was my first "modern" compact flashlight, and my P2D was my front pocket EDC for years.

I appreciate the fact that my CL20 lantern and HL50 headlamp were designed to take either a CR123a, or AA cells, and I'm surprised that more lights aren't designed to have that ability (I'm sure there are some others I'm unaware of). Of course, the legacy design 3-cell C/P/G/Z Surefire lights could take 2XAA, but it was more of a happy coincidence.

Last edited: