• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FINISHED (after shipping) Min-T CNC Bike Light

Darell

Flashaholic
Im going to get 3-4 small batterypacks to get god runtime flexibility..

I chose Li-Ion because they handle low temps better then Ni-Mh.

4 X 2000mAh and up will give me the runtime I need. Is there any point in going for 2400 or 2600 instead? http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=1073

The only reason would be to save weight/space. You get about the same capacity/runtime with 3x 2600 as you would with 4x 2000 - so a 25% size and weight savings.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Just out of hosi yeterday -5 weeks on crutches to go:)
Cheers
Dom
Hey Dom, glad to hear that you're out of the hospital and getting around again. Hope your rehab goes well and you manage to enjoy your summer! :party:

This was a nice surprise to hear that the lights are almost done... the weather here has been rather cold and snowy of late but I did manage to get some road-riding in... so I'm stoked now that I am starting to see comments about the lights... !:drool: Any update on when the remaining lights will be shipped? :popcorn:

Thanks again guys for all your hard work!:clap:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dom, it's awesome news, to hear you're out of the hospital:twothumbs

min-T arrived, safe and sound...Really an awesome design Dom:twothumbs Excellent assembly by Ktronic too.

You guys gotta quit the polishing stage, this thing is more like a piece of jewelry, than a bike light:grin2:...I need to get my min-T full of mud and crud, but it's -7 degrees F...:mecry:

What is the voltage required to run this little monster, and which pin on the plug is +? I can't wait to hook it up...

BTW, I didn't receive the remote switch...No worries, and no rush :)

Thanks for a great light,
TB

HEY HEY ITS HENDO

Enlightened
TB............. in the first post

1774394115_3fb800bca2_o.jpg
1774394115_3fb800bca2_o.jpg

dom

Enlightened
Thanks Hendo for the encouragement and pic for TB:thumbsup:
Good to hear you using the light already and like the 25deg.

Hi RGB -yours, Darells and Hendriks are the only lights left to do - Hendriks i am waiting on the MaxFlex driver(should be a couple days to send to Ktronik)
I'll email Ktronik for an update on yours and Darells.

Hi Gunnar -i think the difference on the mah of the batteries is price and wall thickness.The 2600ma has a thinner wall and might be damaged a bit more easily in a crash.(only what i have read).
Not positive on this -so only my opinion -the 2000mah may be older stock and may have a lesser lifespan left compared to the 2400/2600. Does anyone know if they still manufacture the 2000mah batts or are just older stock?

Hi TB - yeah,the shiny finish seems silly but they look much better than just machined finish. Will look into anodising if more of these are made.
I never had you down for a remote TB -you should have paid that $10 extra:crackup:
I'll see if i have the parts for one and send one out to you.How long do you want the wire?

14.8V if using lithiums is needed TB

Cheers
Dom

Last edited:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
You just want to be comfortably above the Vf of the combined emitters. 14.4V is the Li-ion standard.

Thanks Darell...And thanks for helping Dom, and Ktronic with the min-T project, the light is great little package.

TB

dom

Enlightened
Hi TB
All parts are there -i'll send tomorrow -the wire is 11" which is enough if having your light on the same side of the bars as the remote.
George has fixed the "too long remote wire problem" with some electronics on the bFlex so you can go as long a wire as you want.

Cheers
Dom

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi TB
All parts are there -i'll send tomorrow -the wire is 11" which is enough if having your light on the same side of the bars as the remote.
George has fixed the "too long remote wire problem" with some electronics on the bFlex so you can go as long a wire as you want.

Cheers
Dom

Excellent! PP sent.

Send tomorrow is great, send three weeks from tomorrow is perfect too...I won't have the bike out for quite a while. Please don't make a special trip to the post office on my behalf. My min-T just might be strapped to the snow-thrower for the next couple months:grin2:

ktronik

Enlightened
After Maxflex gets to me, about 3 weeks to ship...

Dom, I can build TB's remote & sent... luckily I wired his with a remote plug... :)

Best

Ktronik

dom

Enlightened
Hi Ktronik -
No hassle for me to make the remote as i have all the bits at home-save double postage anyway.
Have you made the light remote plug male or female?

Cheers
Dom

Gunnar

Newly Enlightened
>>>>>>>

Hi Gunnar -i think the difference on the mah of the batteries is price and wall thickness.The 2600ma has a thinner wall and might be damaged a bit more easily in a crash.(only what i have read).
Not positive on this -so only my opinion -the 2000mah may be older stock and may have a lesser lifespan left compared to the 2400/2600. Does anyone know if they still manufacture the 2000mah batts or are just older stock?

<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hmm. :duh2:
I'm getting more confused...
Can anyone confirme the lifespan issue?

/Gunnar

dom

Enlightened
Hi Gunnar
I don't think i should have even said anything.It's just i was going to get some of those myself awhile ago and i couldn't think of a reason for the massive price difference but that they were pretty old stock -and that was almost a year ago.

Maybe ask at the battery/flashlight section -SilverFox or someone more into battery technology would know more.

Cheers
Dom

Road_Runner

Newly Enlightened
This is horrible 10-15 lamps are out in the world and no nightshots ?
Sell the lamps to me if you aint using em ;-)
Just kidding, a really nice piece of work there

Road_Runner

Newly Enlightened
Hi yes ive seen em alot so mad at myself for not ordering a lamp in time
:-(
But i just wanted all that bought them t osend in some night shots to see how good they are.
Gunnar im still waiting for your pics :) www.happymtb.org

dom

Enlightened
Hi RR
:welcome:
Takes a bit of organization to do a proper beamshot and you really need a known light to compare it against as it is useless otherwise.

The shots at the website are around 50ft from the car and taken so that they are similar to what my eyes are actually seeing.I need a camera that takes a wider shot as well to simulate the view and width that my eyes see in relation to the position of the light on the bike.

PS Has anyone else received their light so i can update the 1st post?
Cheers
Dom

Last edited: