Fisher Space Pen

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once I bought a Fisher pen in a gift box, dedicated to some anniversary, 82 or 84 years of production. He began to write immediately, despite his age. Gave it to a good woman from work. Then I bought myself a pack of 20 rods, gave some of them to friends, they keep them in their cars for emergencies. They periodically collect a piece of ink on the tip, no problems, all my life I have used Corvina 51 pens 99% of the time, they also leak ink on tip. By the way, the smell is also very similar to Fisher. One good friend really praises Tactile Turn Bolt pens, I haven't tried them yet. I tried to write with a Hidetoshi Nakayama pen, it was too heavy. I'm thinking of getting a pen from Caran d'ache, it's very similar to my favorite pencil from Kohinoor, but it has a terrible clip, too weak, but the pencil itself is strong
1710697987277.png

Fisher made in Germany???
I see such a pen at the local market, I wonder if it could be a Chinese counterfeit? Lately they have been copying small pocket knives, labeling them as Solingen, although this is clearly not German

1710698488835.png

1710698633271.png

1710698759398.png

ghostguy6

Enlightened
I used a Zebra f701 with a fisher refill.

Monochrome what color refil do you use? I remember reading somewhere that the blue refills are more prone to leaking than the black refills.

Bradbn4

Newly Enlightened
I remember having folks at work eyeball my Fisher space pens - and for a while; that would be the Christmas gift of choice that I would provide my co-workers.

I think I bought 1 Fisher Mars pen on sale...not cheap - FPMARSB4.

The bullet style pen was what I liked when I needed to keep a pen in my front pants pocket.

I did get "robbed" at work when I provided a co-worker one of my cheap Japanese style pen. Cost wise, they are about 2 dollars a pen, but they are one of the smoothest pens I have bought. And by robbed, I let one of the Sr. engineers use it, and he asked to keep it. He passed it around and pretty much got the same response. For a few dollars I did provide them with their choice of colors.

The x-750 was a nice pen and I did provide that as a going away gift to some of my former co-workers.

BrightestBulb

Newly Enlightened
Mitsubishi uni Power Tank 1.0. The pen carries a reference SN-220. They claim to work like a Fisher Space Pen and write in any situations. No build up on the tip. I bought a box of these off Amazon ages ago for not much money. I like these a lot and give them away to friends and family.

I have a Fisher but don't use it much as its too small for me.

I have used Parker Pens a lot but if you don't use it every day, it gums up.

I have a Cross - too fat for my hands or pockets.

I have a Waterman - just right but doesn't work in all conditions. It was a gift so doesn't leave the house.
Are those gel??? It just says ballpoint on Amazon.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn, I just went to order some refills (I appear to not have any blue pens on my desk) and holy cow you guys aren't kidding, traditional space pen is $80 now? It is a nice pen but it isn't really super special quality wise... the magic is in the refill... I am glad I have it but now I probably won't buy another

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not all the Fishers are $80, I have a perfectly functional Cap-o-Matic and they're $25 list. As I said, I put the refills into a Zebra compact with the head drilled out. They have adapters for most Parker-type pens. Now I should investigate the Uniball Powertanks and Schmidt pressurized, but I can only do so much writing...

BTW, I found that in the USA, Office Depot/Max sells Fisher refills for $5.59 (member price).

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes they sell bundles of rods on ebay, it costs 4~5 apiece

By the way, has anyone checked the mass of the almost dead rod? If have a medical scale, can tell by the mass how much ink is left there in order to predict when need to be ready to change the refill. Similar to checking battery capacity

iacchus

Enlightened
By the way, has anyone checked the mass of the almost dead rod? If have a medical scale, can tell by the mass how much ink is left there in order to predict when need to be ready to change the refill. Similar to checking battery capacity
I would assume that the variance in the empties would be enough to make the exercise not worth the time.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is rather well made. Worth $80-???? only depends if you buy American or love NASA/Soviet space programme.
That's the thing, I'm a complete nerd for that aesthetic. I believe I posted a while back about a Robert Sonneman lamp that I rescued...

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
My 30+ year old Space Pen is the only all-metal pen that I've ever owned. It does seem to be carefully machined. It resembles the AG7 in the picture posted by VOW but I can't find a model number on mine.

**Edit** I've confirmed it is an AG7, so that explains the resemblance.

Last edited: