Flashlight Advice Needed: High Lumens, Long Battery Life.

The Hypnotist

Newly Enlightened
Hello friends,

I am in need of a reliable flashlight that can provide me with a decent amount of lumens for writing and has a long battery life. I live in a remote village that experiences frequent power cuts, and having a reliable source of light is essential for my daily activities.

I have been searching for a flashlight that can provide me with at least 100 hours of continuous use. I would greatly appreciate any recommendations or advice on which flashlight brands or models offer this level of performance.

Additionally, if you have any tips on how to maximize battery life or any other features to look for in a flashlight for extended use, please share your insights.

Thank you in advance for your help and expertise!

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight. Very high output - very low output. Can run days or months on an 18650 rechargeable battery. I'd recommend an SC600 HI

Considering your in England, acquiring one may be difficult

If a lantern is an option, perhaps the Sofirn series? I have an LT1 Mini and it runs off one 21700, has on-board charging and super low output that lasts days. I use one in each of my two kids' rooms as nightlights. They often forget to turn it off and they still stay on for about 5 days straight. I'm pretty sure Sofirn will ship worldwide.

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get the Wurkkos TS21 or 22 for "High Lumens, Long Battery Life."
And you can get the Power bank and solar charger for charging your flashlight.

You wrote that you intend to use the light for writing. That argues in favor of a headlamp as opposed to a hand-held flashlight. If that's an acceptable device for your purposes, may I suggest you look into a Lucifer headlamp? They're made in Poland, so you should be able to acquire one without too much trouble. These headlamps are rugged, and on the lower power output settings (which would be suitable for use while writing) should last for a ridiculously long time. On the higher output settings you'll be tempted to laugh at the darkness in general, and at power outages in particular. The Lucifer products are a bit expensive, but I believe you'll see from an examination of the lights on offer that they will likely last a lifetime. (The aphorism "...buy once, cry once..." applies here.)

With regard to tips on battery maintenance and management, I recommend that you read the various posts and threads in the "BATTERIES" section of this forum. Also, the Battery University website offers much useful background information and multiple tutorials. Pour yourself a cuppa and settle in for the beginning of what can be a fascinating education.

Let the community know if there are other supplemental conditions or purposes for your desired torch. We're happy to help.

Finally, welcome to the community, Brother Hypnotist.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Led Lenser P17 you may not have to turn it off for a month or so. I used mine all summer on one set of Panasonics.

Attachments

• C6E5E613-FD6A-4C97-A5B2-BC01ABBBD393.jpeg
    C6E5E613-FD6A-4C97-A5B2-BC01ABBBD393.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30

The Hypnotist

Newly Enlightened
Another vote for the Maglite 4D ML300. I bought one last year for the same reason.
Hello @The Hawk and @xxo

I've always fancied owning a Maglite flashlight. The one you mentioned, is it the traditional incandescent bulb version or the more modern LED version? I've heard that the LED models are more energy efficient and have better brightness, but there's something nostalgic about the warm glow of an incandescent bulb. Do you have a preference or recommendation?

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
More efficient/higher lumens (1000 lumens vs about 100 for the xenon model), no need to change the LED like you need to with a bulb, over 400 hours run time on the lowest mode. The tint of the light is cool white.

The Hawk

Enlightened
Hello @The Hawk and @xxo

I've always fancied owning a Maglite flashlight. The one you mentioned, is it the traditional incandescent bulb version or the more modern LED version? I've heard that the LED models are more energy efficient and have better brightness, but there's something nostalgic about the warm glow of an incandescent bulb. Do you have a preference or recommendation?
Thanks for providing this link. Mine is this exact model. I really like the LED version. Nice and bright, even on eco mode.