Flashlight Stories

KenOgo

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys (and girls if any are present)

A co-worker is into diving. He likes F/Ls too but not as much as me. He likes to brag "his is bigger" because he uses hi-powered dive lights. Well, okay, it IS bigger, but in flashlight land, those are not good for carrying, and if you ain't packin' lumens, what good are ya????

So he was diving off Wildwood, NJ and dove down to some wreck he wanted to see. He said the closer he got he saw something yellow (yellow submarine? nah..) As he got closer he saw it was a dive light. A Underwater Kinetics C8 Dive Light - holds 8 C-Cells, and has TWO Xenon lamps, so that if one fails while in use, you can flick a switch and immediately use the backup!!! I like this idea
smile.gif
You can find it at this site

http://www.uwkinetics.com/ie/

It was covered in barnacles, but he flipped it on and it still worked! He said based on the barnacle growth, it looked like it sat down there on the wreck for about a month. I say if a F/L has been submerged a month and still works, THAT is a good light! He cleaned it up and said it look sand works great. I thought that was pretty cool.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
UK makes very fine lights. A lot of folks here have the LC100 (light cannon) and they don't even dive.

surgicalshot

Newly Enlightened
Ok not a super cool story but july 4 2012 we went out to the beach to watch the fire works. The it finally gets completely dark and of course you have the average ppl with there wal mart mag lights and dime store LED cheapo's. And my brother just gets threw telling me about how he was lost on a lake in his kayak at night. So i say get you one of these and i turn on my foursevens quark AA^2 pro 280 lumans and there was three kids playing with there lights about 15yards away it just illuminated everything around us in comparison to what everyone else had out there. Then like 10 ppl turned around trying to figure out what all that light was and my brother started laughting and said how much did you pay for that... he is planning to buy one but not before he scoffed at me infront of everyone. That is why i like it here on cpf no scoffers...