Flashlight to mount to baby stroller?

dano101

Enlightened
Just looking for a suggestion on a mounting system to attach a light to my baby stroller (it is a jogging style stroller). Ive looked at the Fenix bike mount system, but just thought that with all the pistol/rifle mount systems out there that you all might have a better suggestion.

Khaytsus

Enlightened
Just looking for a suggestion on a mounting system to attach a light to my baby stroller (it is a jogging style stroller). Ive looked at the Fenix bike mount system, but just thought that with all the pistol/rifle mount systems out there that you all might have a better suggestion.

The lock block's that fenix-store.com sells work fine for my stroller.. I just bought 1 of them to try 'em out on my bike, and so far it's stayed on my stroller for late night walks. The handle is foam, so the block can be moved somewhat easy if you bonk it but in normal use it says right where you put it.

Only caveat is that if I have the stroller hood down it blocks about 40% of the beam, but that's just a height thing, not sure that'd be improved with any other system really unless they were several inches taller.

Plus, it's easy to mount, and easy to put the light into or get it back out of.

Suggestion; use rechargables and carry an extra set of primaries just in case. An L2D would be a perfect light for this.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Brilliant ! :thumbsup:

Get a headlamp for the Baby !

:twothumbs
_

const451

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, headlamp!! so the baby has both hands to play around. And do not forget to get the baby account on CPF.:D

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mean you want to do something silly like this?

I need to take an updated picture. I have 4 of those LED bicycle lights (the cheapos, 2 from DX, 2 from Walmart) across the bottom for close range lighting (it has saved a few toads and frogs, and my shoes from poopy), and I'll put a DX MTE P7 light on the handle bar for major flood, and whatever down on the side. I usually just run with the cheap lights along the bottom.

I have gotten various mounts from 4sevens.com, they have a bunch under the bicycle accessory section.

Also on the backside of the stroller I have blinking amber lights. I started with red, but I heard blinking red lights can attract drunk drivers, but amber (yellow) does not. So now I run with amber. :)

More pictures, including close ups of the mounted lights and the mounts: http://picasaweb.google.com/wadefulpng/SuperStroller#

Last edited:

jankj

Enlightened
Use twofish lockbloks to mount your favorite small flashlight. They are small and work very well for something of similar diameter as say, the mini maglite (AA diameter tube). I use them on my bike to mount fenix L1D and L2D.

Or get some el cheapo bike blinkies that are attached with a small elastic string.

tobushomme

Newly Enlightened
I use a L2D Q5 in a Twofish. But remember to take it off before folding (or collapsing?) the storller to put it into the trunk. My Fenix Holder didn`t like it...:crazy:

cheers

tobus

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
this is a bicycle "light".

http://www.freelights.co.uk/product.html

but might work in stroller too.. especially that model with capacitor sounds nice.

-not that many lumens but should suffice for atleast as alerting lighting to others, and as backup when the batteries fail :)

i have been eyeing this awhile now.. but i dont use bicycle so i havent gotten one yet.

roadie

Enlightened
yrs ago i recall a fellow here, mounting lights on his wheelchair

:)

now a stroller ....

whats next?

:popcorn:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
umm wonder if i still have that picture of the guy with implants..

he had dozens of rings and tattoos and implants.. and obviously thought he wasnt creepy enough by halloween and chose to screw in the red led horns into the under the skin implants he had on his forehead.

just reminded me of -devils a looser and he is my *****-

i see it smart idea to light up the wheelchair and stroller.. having light available is useful in my mind. and handsfree is convinient in many occasions. especially in case of wheelchair patient and person pushing the babystrollers..

i am thinking about (if i get around to it) to make a small bolt-on set for baby strollers.. two 5mm leds in front corners and two red ones in back.. and one bigger one for real illumination to front. run by 4AAs (3 friends of mine are due to have a baby before november, so it might make a nice gift for them.)

Wyeast

Enlightened
I dunno if blinking amber is necessarily any different than blinking red as far as "attracting drunks" *shrugs*

Our jogger had:

White light up front (was a white multi-5mm bike light since all I needed was floody going that slow) As the babes got older they started to reach down to play with this light. :ohgeez:

Red blinkies front corners, facing sideways (crossing streets)

Reflective tape - White up front, White + Orange sides, Red + white rear.

For the lights I mostly used the included bike-mounts, shimmed with strips of rubber or electrical tape.

Big thumbs up on the reflective tape. Long strips of it make the stroller very visible to headlights. The blinkies were mostly for cars going around corners or bikes that may not light up the tape. :thumbsup:

bravo_john

Newly Enlightened

Hello,
I quite agree with your post, light on baby strollers is quite a good mthod,
And babies really like this trick,.