• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FOUND-WTB: SF KL1 lens

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
The KL1 light took a hard dive onto concrete and hit at just the right spot to shatter the lens. Looking for a replacement.
If you have one, let me know if you are willing to sell and how much. :)

Last edited:

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTB: SF KL1 lens

I think you better contact flashlightlens.com as chances are small someone here will have a spare one.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Icarus advice is good...

You should contact Surefire, give them a call and see if they would help somehow...

If your KL1 is ribbed (old skool) your lens is exactly the same as in incan hex head and KL4 heads (so they are possible "donors")... I haven't found exact replacement anywhere, they have proper dia but not thickness (2.8mm)...

If it's newer style with domed lens... that will be even harder to find...

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a later gen with the domed lens. The head had been opened up for an emitter and reflector mod, SF won't touch it. I'd forgotten about flashlightlens.com,will check them out. Thanks. :) In the rare event someone has a whole head. (To think I sold my spare a bit back. :/ )

EDIT Had a lens from an HDS and it would have fit but the bezel is dented. A harder drop than thought. :( Will have to find a plastic lens to shave.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic

Depending on which host you were using for the KL1, you could perhaps consider a Malkoff MDC assembly replacement ....

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have one, will post picture, later. If it could work, you may have.

Jeff

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast

See below and you can PM me
QgzCbx2m.jpg
[/IMG]
uZwqEUMm.jpg
[/IMG]
pxz8tHAm.jpg
[/IMG]

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the offer. :) This is the KL1...is this a Gen 4? Do you think the lenses are the same?

aleph-kl1-3576.jpg

Last edited:

bartko09

Enlightened

I have one RA40. Just finished destroying that head not too long ago. Lens survived just fine. [emoji6]

m4a1usr

Enlightened

Thanks for the offer. :) This is the KL1...is this a Gen 4? Do you think the lenses are the same?

aleph-kl1-3576.jpg

Yours could be a gen 4. Tough to know by the serial number on the head? The serial number on the body would be of more use to find the correct gen if contacting Surefire. The ribbed KL1 has a flat lens. At least mine do. The head in your later gen pic appears domed. So if that's a representation of yours than no you will not be able to swap out the lens.

Some info here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?121944-Surefire-KL1-R-owners-check-in-here/page3

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks m4a1us. :) The domed lens is also similar to the original HDS Ultimate 40-85 series. A KL1 is incoming as well as a K1X to experiment on.