Four Sevens Customer Service

DAN92

Enlightened
So they didn't respond in 5 days to one email and you filed a paypal dispute?
Yes, I placed order ten days ago.

EDIT: I just got a response from customer service, I quote:

"Sorry about the delay in response. The order was placed in a incomplete status because of a disconnect with our site and paypal. I have fixed the problem and we will get that shipped out for you today."

Thank you FourSevens.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Yes, I placed order ten days ago.

EDIT: I just got a response from customer service, I quote:

"Sorry about the delay in response. The order was placed in a incomplete status because of a disconnect with our site and paypal. I have fixed the problem and we will get that shipped out for you today."

Thank you FourSevens.:thumbsup:
That's great. I like when these things end well! :)

Jose Marin

Enlightened
I just got a response for an rma yeaterday and i emailed them on 12 dec. I guess theyre backed up, atleast they are taking care of my lights though!

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
First purchase from 47, even though they were one of the first home grown companies when I first joined CPF more than 10 yr ago. Bought about 6 atom cr123 w reflectors from clearance section along with headlamp strap for Christmas gifts. While some clearance items stated no box included, I certainly didn't see this written for these. When they came wrapped in just plastic(not even bubble wrap), I emailed CS and received no reply for at least 4-5 days, then another 4-5 days to reply to my reply. Overall unsatisfactory service and will be my last purchase from 47.

Hey, liteboy,

I placed a clearance section order in August. I wasn't expecting boxes but was disappointed that some of the items were not wrapped individually to keep them from scratching each other. :thumbsdow You think it'd be obvious that I wasn't buying the parts to make users. :mad: Overall, unsatisfactory service from the FourSevens shipping department.

~ Chance

ProductsBaseFinal
1 xClassic Preon Head, Black
$21.00$21.00
1 xClassic Preon Head, Toxic Green
$21.00$21.00
1 xClassic Preon P1 Body, Toxic Green
$5.00$5.00
1 xClassic Preon Clicky Tailcap, Toxic Green
$8.00$8.00
1 xClassic Preon Clicky Tailcap, Red
$8.00$8.00
1 xClassic Preon P1 Body, Red
$5.00$5.00
1 xClassic Preon Head, Red
$21.00$21.00
1 xClassic Preon Clicky Tailcap, Rounded, Satin Titanium
$11.00$11.00
1 xClassic Preon P1 Body, Satin Titanium
$11.00$11.00
1 xClassic Preon Head, Satin Titanium
$24.00$24.00
1 xClassic Preon Clicky Tailcap, Black
$11.00$11.00
1 xClassic Preon P1 Body, Black
$5.00$5.00

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chance, that's no good. Mine were individually wrapped but, using really cheap and tattered plastic. I ultimately placed the light inside the headlamp kit for my gifts but the extra lights I gave as is, recipients probably thought I just wrapped up my old lights to give to them haha. Hope David quickly corrects these issues.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
It took foursevens a month to reply to an email I sent them in November. After they replied at the end of December , it took them 2-3 more weeks to provide me with an RMA.

Luxrider

Newly Enlightened
I posted earlier about my experience being positive with 4sevens customer service. Well I have a quark 123 turbo x that decided to die on me randomly yesterday. Put fresh primaries in and still nothing happening. Verified that the batteries were good with a meter and by using them in my nightcore srt7. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal but this is my favorite light for some reason. Anyway, I just tried calling during business hours and no answer. Will try again and send an email. The light is 5 years old. Never abused but has been edc'd for quite some time. I'm really hoping that it can be fixed since they don't make this light anymore.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
I posted earlier about my experience being positive with 4sevens customer service. Well I have a quark 123 turbo x that decided to die on me randomly yesterday. Put fresh primaries in and still nothing happening. Verified that the batteries were good with a meter and by using them in my nightcore srt7. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal but this is my favorite light for some reason. Anyway, I just tried calling during business hours and no answer. Will try again and send an email. The light is 5 years old. Never abused but has been edc'd for quite some time. I'm really hoping that it can be fixed since they don't make this light anymore.
Try to bypass the switch by using a paper clip or something to make contact from the battery negative and the battery tube. This will let you know whether it's the switch or driver.

Luxrider

Newly Enlightened
Try to bypass the switch by using a paper clip or something to make contact from the battery negative and the battery tube. This will let you know whether it's the switch or driver.

This totally worked! Thanks again. Now I know it's just a switch!

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, Try cleaning all threads well with alcohol or window cleaner. Relube with dielectric grease (nyogel). if no luck. Try to disassemble switch and clean it. No luck, then contact 47 CS.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
This ^

But I'll add there are two potential stages to the switch overhaul. The easy "stage 1" is unscrew the retaining ring in the tailcap with a pair of needle nose pliers, take the switch out of the cap (sometimes, all it is is this ring being loose), clean all contacts (I like DeOxit for this, but alcohol is fine). Reassemble.

If it's still dead, and you are clever and coordinated with small mechanisms, you can do "stage 2". After removing the switch, you will find that with an exacto, and I have not been inside that particular switch, but usually you can just work the blade edge into a parting line and start the two halves of the plastic switch box apart - some can have little clips on the side you need to flex open. Inside there will be a spring, so be cautious and work over a table. Note the orientation of the few parts inside, and repeat the "clean all contacts" exercise, and reassemble.

I know that sounds like a pain in the keister, but all of the switches I've done that too, and treated them with DeOxit and ProGold, seem to work much better than when they were new, and I like the challenge.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Luxrider

Newly Enlightened
Ok. I took the switch apart. I put the bulkhead ring (not sure the correct terminology for it, but it's the ring that I unscrewed which holds the switch assembly inside the tailcap) on the back of the flashlight and touched the rim of the switch assembly with the spring in contact with the batteries. I then engaged the switch and top my shock, it worked! I mean....it worked fine. Momentary, click on, click off...everything worked fine. Then I reassembled the tailcap and tightened down the ring and no dice. Next step I will try to clean the switch contact and that ring, as well as the rear of the body tube. Thanks for the help guys!

(Edit) I carefully cleaned the contacts with a qtip and some acetone for lack of any alcohol on hand. It totally works again!!!! Amazing!!! Thanks again guys. I wish I could rep or something. Lol.

Last edited: