• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

FourSevens - Goliath R (David from 47 is moving on)

BVH

Flashaholic
Re: FourSevens - Goliath R

Got my Goliath with SST40 yesterday. Got a chance to play for a few minutes tonight. I must say that I am very impressed with it's performance, especially given it's small size. When the 4Sevens Mini123 first came out, I immediately adopted it as my EDC. At the time, it's small size combined with it's great output, simple UI and "mouthability" made it a natural every day light. From that time until now, I've always had a Mini123 in my pocket - newer ones as better LED's were introduced and as worn and sloppy threads resulted in unreliable performance. I've tried to replace it at least 6 times with different lights over the years but none have succeeded. So the Mini123 based Goliath is a natural replacement and now resides in my pocket from now, on. I haven't even attempted to play around with programming - actually, is there a VN driver in it or is it the stock 4Sevens supplied driver? I looked at the instructions for the VN2 but they don't seem to apply to this twisty? Or do I have the "Single Mode driver" mentioned in the first post? Anyway, I like the Low, Medium and High mode it came with. I'm also happy with the cool color temp. I'm very pleased.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic

:party: congrats BVH

It appears to have drivervn2 from post #16. A way of accessing it a little easier with a twisty is to twist to a point you can make contact by pushing the head/body together to power on. So just before as it comes on twisting it, back off a hair. Then you can press the head or body for a kind of momentary. 8 fast taps or more should get you to the mode blinking. Not tried this! just a suggestion to try BVH.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Got my Goliath with SST40 yesterday. Got a chance to play for a few minutes tonight. I must say that I am very impressed with it's performance, especially given it's small size. When the 4Sevens Mini123 first came out, I immediately adopted it as my EDC. At the time, it's small size combined with it's great output, simple UI and "mouthability" made it a natural every day light. From that time until now, I've always had a Mini123 in my pocket - newer ones as better LED's were introduced and as worn and sloppy threads resulted in unreliable performance. I've tried to replace it at least 6 times with different lights over the years but none have succeeded. So the Mini123 based Goliath is a natural replacement and now resides in my pocket from now, on. I haven't even attempted to play around with programming - actually, is there a VN driver in it or is it the stock 4Sevens supplied driver? I looked at the instructions for the VN2 but they don't seem to apply to this twisty? Or do I have the "Single Mode driver" mentioned in the first post? Anyway, I like the Low, Medium and High mode it came with. I'm also happy with the cool color temp. I'm very pleased.

Yours has driverVN2 for sure. Just twist fast. Its not hard on this light ;-)

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, thanks. I'll play with it tomorrow for fun but it will probably end up where it's at now.

Yea.. it's very easy. Hold the light with the left hand. Then use the right hand to change mode.. you have to be quick... Counter Wise, clock wise... Keep repeating.. Then you will get low, medium, high... Good luck..

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just run 3 minutes straight on the turbo mode... I didnt experience any step down or flickering issue.. it does gt hot.. battery used was shockli 16340 high drain.. all the temp were in Fahrenheit and using infrared gun..

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got bs for you.. sst40 dedome..this light have a driver vn.. low, med, high.

scout24

Flashaholic

NL- That's a Goliath beamshot? Distance? Power level? I have a lowly stock Mini Turbo and your pic looks crazy...

I got bs for you.. sst40 dedome..this light have a driver vn.. low, med, high.
IMG_20171016_205710022.jpg

Thank you very much. What level is the Goliath set at in your picture? :p

~ Chance who likes to joke around.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I got inquiries about the stainless version too. Stainless are heavy though...but ok let me ask supplier.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Oh no I just found out 47 is going out???!!!

This is an incredible little light. Too bad the price is not cheaper as the mod is not easy. Taking the light apart is already a tough task.

I was hoping that since the Turbo is now 50% off, you could lower your selling price while at the same time increase your profit margin. You'd also be helping David to clear his shelves so it'd be a win, win, win.

~ Chance

Latest posts