• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
OP has not logged in since July

instead of posting questions in this thread, I suggest you contact him thru the company website

google: Fraz Labs
Spekacuda posted latter October (#1127). She explained what was going on. Personally, I'd rather they focus on getting product out like they are doing. I believe this next batch will be stellar. Hopefully supply chain issues don't impede.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Will ask those in this thread...

I used to have a tiny nugget, 18650 version. Sold it as it was too slick to turn on easily.

Seems there is a new version that is easier to grip/turn???

What are lumens on these things?

wweiss

Enlightened
Will ask those in this thread...

I used to have a tiny nugget, 18650 version. Sold it as it was too slick to turn on easily.

Seems there is a new version that is easier to grip/turn???

What are lumens on these things?
I have a 18650 Tiny Tank. Similar one handed issue I solved by a little extra lube at that huge O-ring and twisting it back and forth a half-turn about a thousand times while watching a movie. Thereafter, it was broken in and much easier as a one-hander. Cold weather here in CT changes the physics though.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
re these lights, can I have a light which can give out some only 100 to 200 lumens?.
don't want to run the LED high at all.

looking for HDS style 1A like.
thanks.

geisto

Newly Enlightened
re these lights, can I have a light which can give out some only 100 to 200 lumens?.
don't want to run the LED high at all.

looking for HDS style 1A like.
thanks.
This light uses QTC and a twisty interface for current control so there's no "fixed" mode. Just twist the bezel until the light is at the brightness level that you want.

speckacuda

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, we are still very much alive!! Just wanted to take a quick moment to apologize for ignoring anyone, it wasn't intentional at all. We have been VERY busy juggling the new shop, family, and prototyping. You're correct, I've been horrible at answering emails (especially those regarding sales, as those will be answered on the website soon) but I think everyone will be happier with the newest design, as it's far better/cleaner/easier to assemble than the last iteration, and who wants advice on purchasing an item that's not in stock?

The supply chain is nine kinds of crazy, and we are currently having trouble sourcing 6061 from our normal outlet - last time it was a three week delay (still hasn't been shipped though) so that's also jamming up our making a large run of flashlights. All the other items we were having trouble acquiring, Fraz figured out a way around them (or we started machining our own version of them). We've also listed older lights on the site a few times in the last six months, and will probably have a couple more drops of the older style if you're interested in them. Be sure to sign up for the in-stock notification so you won't miss it!!

This brings me to my next announcement - we have been milling the prototypes out of 7075 T6 (and I love it, so it may stay). We will also have more brass models soon. They will be smaller than the last Gold Nuggets (maybe Gold Nugget QT?) and will use the newest engine design. I will leave you with a photo of the bottom of the new prototype engine, as it looks quite a bit different than what you're used to. After a few more torture tests, it will be available on the site and we will ramp up production on Lumenite (also slightly redesigned) and the Tiny Nugget SL, Two, and Tanks (in larger quantities depending on material acquisition).

Once again, I am so sorry for leaving folks out, as it's not my intention to make anyone feel like Fraz and I aren't accessible. We read everything anyone sends our way, and going forward I will make a huge effort to be better at responding. A massive THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who answered questions here, y'all know I see you and love you for it!!

engine2.0.jpg

TheFraz

Enlightened
What are we seeing in the picture? A direct short to more accurately identify wide open?
That is a look into the bottom side of the new bezel for the prototype small light (currently called the "QT"). This design will allow us to shrink the size (as well as make it much easier to change LEDs). As Speck said, now that we are starting to get settled in to the new shop we should have more time to post and update. I'll be back soon with more info!

P.S. sidenote....turbodog, I'm pretty sure you are the member who's post I read way back when when I first visited this site as a lurker and long before I even knew what a lathe was. Took your recommendation in a 'what's-your-favorite-light' thread to buy my first high-end light (Wolf Eyes Sniper that I still use in a lot of comparison pics). Still love that light!

turbodog

Flashaholic

P.S. sidenote....turbodog, I'm pretty sure you are the member who's post I read way back when when I first visited this site as a lurker and long before I even knew what a lathe was. Took your recommendation in a 'what's-your-favorite-light' thread to buy my first high-end light (Wolf Eyes Sniper that I still use in a lot of comparison pics). Still love that light!

You might have read a post of mine... but not that light. Don't have any by that mfg.

Edit: The replies suggest my reply was not clear. Don't know anything about the light in question. It might be excellent... I don't know either way.

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
To clarify:
Be sure to sign up for the in-stock notification so you won't miss it!!
Looking at the individual models on the gorgeous, beautiful website, choose a battery size and on some models a notification shows up "Email when stock available" where a person can enter one's name and email to find out when available.

Still crossing fingers for a 26650 (protected) "Tiny Nugget"

Consider checking out their website "Inside Fraz Labs" for the history.

gunga

Flashaholic
I'm still trying to figure out what a tiny nugget 2 is Vs the Sl. Though I'm looking for smallest possible so that's probably the upcoming QT? Perhaps you can design around the common 20mm size Optic?