• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

TheFraz

Enlightened
Here's the next unit up for sale. Another Lumenite 26350 that comes with a battery. This one will have a small discount, priced at $115, because of some small cosmetic flaws (lathe teeth marks from ano removal....ugh). Other than that, the function is flawless. This one has an XP-L HI emitter with a 5k neutral tint. Here are some pics and a video of this unit:

ZK1wVqB.jpg

bnJQ1q2.jpg

I would like to ship to the US only now if possible (shipping is included in the price for the US). If you are overseas and interested, PM me and I can quote shipping. Again, you can post in this thread or PM me if interested in purchasing this light.

I am assembling some more units now. Next will likely be a Tiny Nugget 18350 and a Lumenite 18650. I'm going to try to get a Big E 26350 put together as well if I've got time tonight.

I really appreciate all your support. I'm using all the funds from these lights to continue to improve the design and scale the manufacturing processes to make them faster. I couldn't do it without you early adopters.

-Fraz

Last edited:

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to take it Fraz but I wanted a Lumenite 18650 as well and since I was 2nd on the "I'll take it" list can I wait till you assemble a Lumenite 18650 then work out postage to Tasmania, Australia for both please?

Eciton

Newly Enlightened
In for an 18350 now that CPF is back! I posted on Instagram as @UKfountainpens a few days ago but I don't know if that counts as my spot in line :)

TheFraz

Enlightened
I'd like to take it Fraz but I wanted a Lumenite 18650 as well and since I was 2nd on the "I'll take it" list can I wait till you assemble a Lumenite 18650 then work out postage to Tasmania, Australia for both please?

That sounds good Glenn. I'll figure out the postage and let you know. Also, if you're interested, the Lumenite head will fit both the 18650 and 26350 battery tubes - you can buy a separate tube to fit the head unless you want 2 full lights.

-Fraz

TheFraz

Enlightened
I'll take it if it doesn't work out with Glenn7

I will update the site with new available units this evening.

In for an 18350 now that CPF is back! I posted on Instagram as @UKfountainpens a few days ago but I don't know if that counts as my spot in line :)

Hey Eciton! Good to hear from you on CPF as well :grin2:. Yes, I'll work as quickly as possible to get everyone in line covered.

-Fraz

TheFraz

Enlightened
First Tiny Nugget 18350 is up for sale. It will be the light only with no battery or charger. Price is $85 (shipped in the US....if overseas let me know and I will add shipping appropriately). Again, this is the first unit out in the wild, so it does have imperfections as do the previous units. The pics and vids below show exactly the unit you will be receiving. The cool thing about this unit is it uses the same optic as the first Qzark 26650 light that I sold....however the engine has been shrunk enough to use in pocket lights now (while maintaining a larger piston which makes the QTC last longer).

Pics of the light being sold:
7csSwSc.jpg

FQgHmWk.jpg

IelUlAi.jpg

Tumbled (for grip) and natural anodized.

And a video of the unit working:

Glenn, I've got you on space #1 on the bundle list and I've taken note of everyone else on the list too. I will list the specs and mechanics of the individual models at the top post of the thread soon. In the meantime, if you want this light or the previous Lumenite let me know.

As always, I appreciate all your support,
Fraz

mk2rocco

Flashlight Enthusiast
What type of emitter is used in that 18350 light? I'm interested depending on the color temp!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
That sounds good Glenn. I'll figure out the postage and let you know. Also, if you're interested, the Lumenite head will fit both the 18650 and 26350 battery tubes - you can buy a separate tube to fit the head unless you want 2 full lights.

-Fraz
Wow yes! The big E and a 18650 tube to go with it would be great thanks, :paypal: trigger waiting....... :D

nightshade

Enlightened
Is it water resistant- how would this light perform in salt-water?

Last edited:

TheFraz

Enlightened
I'm on the list for 4000k right.? Are these easily modded?

Yes, and I've got some new LEDs on order. They will be easy to mod as they use standard size stars and I've tried to make the components fit together like LEGOs. I'll put up some pics of the internals for each light when I get a bit of time.

On a sidenote, this week I'm working on parts for a 'wireless' version of this light. A model where the LED will fit in with no soldered components or wires at all - that one will be very easy to mod.

TheFraz

Enlightened
Is it water resistant- how would this light perform in salt-water?

Yes they are water resistant. I've tested them to 5-gallon bucket depth, but I'm going to get the seals working to below 20 feet with 50 feet for an hour as a goal. My old model was capable of 80+ feet, but every time I make a new unit with a new optic new testing has to be done. I haven't had a chance to test deep in a lake yet. That will be the end of this month.

Salt water is a good test! I'll make a salt solution and post how it works out with a 24 hour test (it should hold up just fine...there won't be any important exposed parts)

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty sure I was on a list or at least following this project back then. Definitely want to be on a list again for the small version. That is what I was waiting for. Welcome back! :D