• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Dr. Spaceman

Newly Enlightened
Hey, would love to get on the list for a Luminite in 26350 and maybe an 18350 as well. Not super picky on the emitter but warmer is better for my taste. I like floody too, any chance you can do a frosted optic? Thanks!

Last edited:

TheFraz

Enlightened
Hey, would love to get on the list for a Luminite in 26350 and maybe an 18350 as well. Not super picky on the emitter but warmer is better for my taste. I like floody too, any chance you can do a frosted optic? Thanks!

I've got you down. And just wanted to update the thread as I haven't posted anything in a while.

We've been prototyping and testing the wireless engine versions of the Lumenite and the Tiny Nugget the last few weeks. The Tiny Nugget was particularly difficult because miniaturizing the smaller engine is always tricky because of the space constraints. Finally, the Tiny Nugget has been updated to wireless as well. I've also addressed other issues people have written me about - such as easier user access to the internals. A picture of the new wireless Tiny Nugget engine is below shown next to a wired design.

cDxNEQ8.jpg

Thanks!

-Fraz

nightshade

Enlightened
This is the only design I'm really looking forward to this year. It's looking great. Every application I've experienced in the flashlight industry has utilized quantum polymer material seemingly as a afterthought. This is a serious depature from those attempts . Thanks for keeping the design alive.

TheFraz

Enlightened
Posted these 2 pics of a completely disassembled Tiny Nugget earlier in the 'Homemade' thread. The best thing about the design is much much quicker assemble times with the benefit of a greater level of durability. This should allow me to play catch-up. I'm more pleased with this design than any I have done before.

Instagram of the assembled units...: https://www.instagram.com/p/B9K-C_2nnNN/

B9K-C_2nnNN

2te9B3H.jpg

FYrY3RC.jpg

-Fraz

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Simply love your work. What is your status regarding backlog for your work? When can we make a request to have something built with a specific emitter in 26650 (long enough for protected cells)?

Dr. Spaceman

Newly Enlightened
Mr. Fraz,
I probably won't be able to buy that 26350 but still very interested in an 18350.

Agpp

Enlightened
The thing that strikes me the most about the Tiny Nugget is its simplicity.
I love things that are simple. :)

But I noticed a side effect of this simplicity - it looks like something that could be mass manufactured for a fairly low cost.
I'd love to see this nice design spread around.

TheFraz, would you consider making a larger run at some point?

TheFraz

Enlightened
Simply love your work. What is your status regarding backlog for your work? When can we make a request to have something built with a specific emitter in 26650 (long enough for protected cells)?

Thank you:D. I'm slowly catching up, but the majority of my time in the shop has been dedicated to updating the design to a point where I can crank these lights faster with only 2 of us working on it. I am around 50 or so orders behind, but I should be able to catch up much faster with this new wireless design. I've completed testing on the Tiny Nugget(18350/18650) and Lumenite (18650/26350/21700). The 26350 lights will be up next. Emitter requests will not be an issue at all now, however I do recommend the XP-L emitters with the Tiny Nugget because they give a much much better beam pattern with that particular optic in my opinion.

Last edited:

TheFraz

Enlightened
The thing that strikes me the most about the Tiny Nugget is its simplicity.
I love things that are simple. :)

But I noticed a side effect of this simplicity - it looks like something that could be mass manufactured for a fairly low cost.
I'd love to see this nice design spread around.

TheFraz, would you consider making a larger run at some point?

Me too - I've always prefered things with less parts to break! I've focused on sticking to the vision of a minimal, simple light with a premium on function and durability. And it has been very difficult to get there.

That is correct, all this time spent on design is one of the only ways I can compete and keep costs down - by saving time through efficient manufacturing (especially assembly time). Despite some of the components now reminding me of making tiny watch parts - very difficult or even impossible to make with my manual equipment. But if I can get the robots to make them for me, that does not matter. The bonus with gaining more control over this supply chain with these custom parts is adding durability and getting the lights to perform better than ever before.

Yes, I absolutely plan on doing a larger run. I will max out my manufacturing potential at my shop and then look to subcontract some stuff out. Hopefully in the very near future.

-Fraz