• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

bluemantra

Newly Enlightened
Looks very nice! I have an 18650 nugget coming. Do you know the size of those holes on the tail? Wonder if a trit would fit?

I do not, but as thermal_guy stated I believe they used to remove the cap at the end of the handle to access the spring at the (-) battery terminal.

TheFraz

Enlightened
I hope I'm still on the list!?

Absolutely :thumbsup:

Looks very nice! I have an 18650 nugget coming. Do you know the size of those holes on the tail? Wonder if a trit would fit?

As discussed below, those holes are for the tool that we use to screw the plug in (3/16 I believe).

what are the o ring sizes on the 18650 ?
thank you.

I assume you mean the critical twisting o-ring (the one on the battery tube)? It is a US size 121 I believe.

TheFraz

Enlightened
Just got back from the shop....big progress. Should be able to catch up on a lot of orders this time. We are getting it a bit smoother and more efficient every time we machine parts. I got far less aluminum cuts and splinters this trip than ever before.

speckacuda

Newly Enlightened
Wow, blood, sweat and maybe tears to make this work of art. The Agony and the Ecstasy?

As the lead mill operator, I can attest to the tears. I'm pretty sure a tiny piece of my soul (as well as my sanity) are machined into each light. I am very excited to hear how much y'all enjoy them!

TheFraz

Enlightened
NGxfwNX.jpg

We are catching up with orders. And if you are interested in a light, let me know. Especially in the Tiny Nugget 18650/18350 realm. These are the lights we made in the last trip to the shop....and hopefully we can get more efficient each time.

-Fraz

Sos24

Enlightened
A quick question for confirmation, because the head being the same, could a Tiny Tank, with an 18650 body be ran using 18350, 16340, 14500 if an appropriate sleeve and/or spacer was used? How about with a CR123 or AA? If so, that could be the perfect emergency light, even more so than already.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
A quick question for confirmation, because the head being the same, could a Tiny Tank, with an 18650 body be ran using 18350, 16340, 14500 if an appropriate sleeve and/or spacer was used? How about with a CR123 or AA? If so, that could be the perfect emergency light, even more so than already.

Mine does. I have a tiny tank 18350 and a nugget 18650 there interchangeable. Ran a long time on a primary 123 not sure if it will work on a 1.5 volt

Trenchant

Newly Enlightened
NGxfwNX.jpg

We are catching up with orders. And if you are interested in a light, let me know. Especially in the Tiny Nugget 18650/18350 realm. These are the lights we made in the last trip to the shop....and hopefully we can get more efficient each time.

-Fraz

Fraz - Please change my original request for a Lumenite 26350 to a Tiny Nugget 18350. I will PM you too. Thanks.

TheFraz

Enlightened

Yes, any of the batteries in the 3.7 (4.2) volt range will run the light. And a primary 3v cr123 will run it as well but a bit dimmer. A single 1.5v cell doesn't have the umph, but 2 or (max) 3 1.5v primaries will run it. I hope to have more battery tube/spacer options as we scale our manufacturing better.

Sos24

Enlightened
Yes, any of the batteries in the 3.7 (4.2) volt range will run the light. And a primary 3v cr123 will run it as well but a bit dimmer. A single 1.5v cell doesn't have the umph, but 2 or (max) 3 1.5v primaries will run it. I hope to have more battery tube/spacer options as we scale our manufacturing better.

Thanks for the confirmation.