• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

gunga

Flashaholic
So funny. I was going to suggest you get a tiny nugget 18650 bla2000! But I see you already got one. So far I've enjoyed it a lot. Mine has Samsung 351 LED. Like it.

TheFraz

Enlightened
I made this unit last time I went in. Another 18500 like the Blaster, but this one uses a Samsung 351 at 4k. I love the color temp and beam pattern of this light. The 18500 battery has a decent bit more capacity than the 18350 at a slightly longer length. This one will definitely become my EDC, but thought I would offer it up if someone wants it (I'll make myself another one next week). Pics below of the light and the color rendition at high CRI 4k.

wLbuWlr.jpg

9oNqav1.jpg

PM me if interested. Price is $100 battery and shipping included in the US. I'm going to take it off in 2 days if nobody wants it.

Thanks
-Fraz

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do I get one of these little beauties?

Just post here what you want to get on the waiting list. They are fantastic. You won't be disappointed! It's amazing watching this thread(s) for so long and now finally we can obtain these beautiful beasts. I've used mine for everything past few weeks. Under houses, in the warehouse, perfect for lighting up spec plates on circuit breakers/transformers/etc. then blasting the dark parts of the warehouse where I need more light.

It dials in perfectly and you won't break it if you drop it or smack it with a baseball bat.

bla2000

Enlightened
Fraz, I like the flutes in the head and tail. Comparing these to my earlier model the edges seem less sharp so they don't grate against my hand. Maybe there isn't difference but the new version is better because the pill requires less force to get to max. On my old one, having the aluminum foil shims, it feels like I have to turn and push into the threads to get to max.

TheFraz

Enlightened

All yours, and thanks! (Burns pulling it out of my pocket).

Also, the 18500 listed above is sold.

Please add me to the list for a tiny nugget

PM sent

Fraz, I like the flutes in the head and tail. Comparing these to my earlier model the edges seem less sharp so they don't grate against my hand. Maybe there isn't difference but the new version is better because the pill requires less force to get to max. On my old one, having the aluminum foil shims, it feels like I have to turn and push into the threads to get to max.

Thank you :D Yes, we've made leaps and bounds since the first few designs....your new one will be much smoother. There are many tiny changes that are key to the design but very difficult to dial in and make repeatable - good to go now and we will continue to innovate. We can definitely fix your old one if you wish.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
I was pleasantly surprised...It comes in a very cool box and nice notes from the owners to which is attached a tiny oiled cloth to lube the plunger face/body area. Nice touches that are not lost on me. Very nice...

Imo6gJS.jpg

Last edited:

speckacuda

Newly Enlightened
Seriously need one of these

Yes, you do!

I was pleasantly surprised...It comes in a very cool box and nice notes from the owners to which is attached a tiny oiled cloth to lube the plunger face/body area. Nice touches that are not lost on me. Very nice...

Imo6gJS.jpg

So glad you are pleased with the presentation! The boxes are still a 'work in progress', most of them are different as we figure out what looks/functions best. The bulk of the instructions have been moved online as well, if those who were early purchasers would like the link just let me know.

speckacuda

Newly Enlightened
Link please.

Here they are; please keep in mind that, much like everything else we are doing, the site is also a work in progress! With all the design changes, the photos are a bit outdated (but I still think they look neat). The descriptions are pretty general, but they do offer more details than listed here for all that are interested. All the instructions are basically identical and are updated as we go. As we dial everything in design-wise, it allows us more time for updating everything else.

Tiny Nugget Instructions:
https://frazlabs.com/tninstruct

Tiny Tank Instructions
https://frazlabs.com/ttinstruct

Lumenite:
https://frazlabs.com/lumeniteinstruct

Yes, you do!

I'm on the waiting list.. just waiting and ready when it's my turn!!

Ah, I see you now! I had an old version of the list pulled up (OneDrive tries to confuse me quite often). We are planning on machining more starting tomorrow through the first part of December, so that should catch us up for those who are on the waiting list. Can't wait to see what you think!

TheFraz

Enlightened
Above is the CNC mill operator. Also the batter(sp?) at 1 min in to this video.

She is wrestling with the website as we speak....all the while keeping the mill from eating a vise.