• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Mgizler

Enlightened
Fraz/Spec.... What type of lens is in the tiny nugget. I have somehow managed to scratch it up pretty good and want to replace it in the near future. I have not tried to remove it yet and measure. Just figured I would ask first.

discoverEDC

Enlightened
Fraz/Spec.... What type of lens is in the tiny nugget. I have somehow managed to scratch it up pretty good and want to replace it in the near future. I have not tried to remove it yet and measure. Just figured I would ask first.

It's a 26 mm optic, Fraz or speck will have to add any additional details. If you haven't switched optics before be careful to only touch the rim/lip or use some disposable gloves. It's very easy to put finger prints on the optic and fully cleaning them is difficult. Things smear and you are not supposed to use rubbing alcohol on them

Last edited:

Sos24

Enlightened
has anybody figured how to add a lanyard loop or keychain loop the the tiny tank/nugget? want to carry it on my belt and havent been able to come up with a solution yet. (and yes, i've seen post #764 haha)

I would use a double constrictor knot thinnest part of the body
35a094e8d989d7966d0e829da0309e71.jpg

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Ya that's what I use. He stated that he saw that post. He's looking for something else.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pardon if this has been asked before, but 31 pages is alot to go through 😏. Between the 21700/18650 Tiny nugget and the Luminite of same cell size, what is the difference besides physical size? More lumens or different beam pattern?

How much more run time comes from the larger 21700 as I've not run these before?

I'm in for one ASAP!!!!

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pardon if this has been asked before, but 31 pages is alot to go through . Between the 21700/18650 Tiny nugget and the Luminite of same cell size, what is the difference besides physical size? More lumens or different beam pattern?

How much more run time comes from the larger 21700 as I've not run these before?

I'm in for one ASAP!!!!

The Lumenite has a larger diameter optic, therefore a different beam pattern. More throw IIRC.

speckacuda

Newly Enlightened
has anybody figured how to add a lanyard loop or keychain loop the the tiny tank/nugget? want to carry it on my belt and havent been able to come up with a solution yet. (and yes, i've seen post #764 haha)

I did a full wrap on mine (Tiny Nugget 18500) at the thinnest part of the battery tube, but there are several other options that look really neat if you've got some time to sacrifice to the google. I had no idea half those knots existed, and now I want to make them all...

They are Carclo Optics, size 26.5mm. Lots of options as far as beam patterns are concerned, but they come 'pre-scratched', as LEDsupply puts them all in the same bag. DiscoverEDC is correct, be careful when replacing that you don't get fingerprints all over or you'll have a surprise when you have it on ultra low!

Pardon if this has been asked before, but 31 pages is alot to go through . Between the 21700/18650 Tiny nugget and the Luminite of same cell size, what is the difference besides physical size? More lumens or different beam pattern?

I'm in for one ASAP!!!!

Jabe1 is right, the Lumenite uses a larger optic so there's more throw than the Tiny Nugget/Tiny Tank. The 21700 battery has 5000mAh versus the 18650 being 3000mAh-ish, so there's a considerable difference for the slightly larger size. Fraz loves the 21700 and has used it for weeks on end without recharging - we use our lights all the time.

We had a bit of a weather/pet delay getting to the shop, but are headed back tomorrow for a week of machining so a new batch will be ready in around a week!

Last edited:

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got in a Tiny Nugget 18650, and I am really enjoying it. The Samsung 351D emitter at 4000k is a great pleasure too. Thank you, Fraz and Speckacuda!

jtechl

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to share that I ended up going with this loop: http://www.free-macrame-patterns.com/double-loop-wrap.html

hope it helps someone!

Nz4uNek.jpg

was also wondering if maybe you guys would someday release a spacer with a lanyard hole that would fit between the body and the bezel (underneath the oring)

still waiting for 18650 tiny tank tubes! let me know when there are ones available!

Last edited:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
REALLY wanting a Lumenite in 21700! Are these going to be slimmed down in the near future as well? Either way, I want one Now if anyone has one to sell.

carrot

Flashaholic
Nitrile I believe. It's mentioned somewhere in the previous couple of pages.

Thanks. I just swapped my SST-40 5000K for an SST-20 2700K and thought I should do some preventative maintenance with lube but wasn't 100% sure that Nyogel would be safe on the o-rings. I've seen some swollen o-rings on other lights and it wasn't pretty!

discoverEDC

Enlightened
Thanks. I just swapped my SST-40 5000K for an SST-20 2700K and thought I should do some preventative maintenance with lube but wasn't 100% sure that Nyogel would be safe on the o-rings. I've seen some swollen o-rings on other lights and it wasn't pretty!

I love warm white, I bet the hot spot tightened up. I bought a SST20 in 2700k but it turned out to be very rose colored.

carrot

Flashaholic
I love warm white, I bet the hot spot tightened up. I bought a SST20 in 2700k but it turned out to be very rose colored.

Sure did. Gives old feelings of incandescent but a smoother and less blotchy beam. Has a bit of a donut about 1' away in the big Lumenite optic but clears up easily by 2' out. I swear, every time I fire up the 2700K LED I can't help but reminisce a little bit about those A2 Aviator days.

Throw is much closer to what I was hoping to have from the beginning. I think if I were picking what went stock into these Lumenites I'd be putting in the SST-20 4000K or even 5000K (for more output/throw). It's a dream how low drama they are to swap out, two solder dots, dab of solder paste, and a little bit of wrenching.

I have a few Nichia 319 on the way, so I very well might give that one a shot in this light next.

discoverEDC

Enlightened
Sure did. Gives old feelings of incandescent but a smoother and less blotchy beam. Has a bit of a donut about 1' away in the big Lumenite optic but clears up easily by 2' out. I swear, every time I fire up the 2700K LED I can't help but reminisce a little bit about those A2 Aviator days.

Throw is much closer to what I was hoping to have from the beginning. I think if I were picking what went stock into these Lumenites I'd be putting in the SST-20 4000K or even 5000K (for more output/throw). It's a dream how low drama they are to swap out, two solder dots, dab of solder paste, and a little bit of wrenching.

I have a few Nichia 319 on the way, so I very well might give that one a shot in this light next.

I have a 319 in my Tiny Tank, with its bigger hex die the hot spot is bigger than with the SST.

Mgizler

Enlightened
I still would love to see a video on how to swap the emitter. There is no doubt in my mind that I know I could do it, it would just like to see how it's done first.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone now if Fraz Labs sends out shipping or order confirmation? I placed an order a few days ago with the recent drop and I've heard no confirmation from them yet. I'm sure they're just busy, but I'm worried that my order may not have been excepted

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone now if Fraz Labs sends out shipping or order confirmation? I placed an order a few days ago with the recent drop and I've heard no confirmation from them yet. I'm sure they're just busy, but I'm worried that my order may not have been excepted

You could send an email or a PM and ask about the status of your order. In my experience, they are very good about replying to questions and inquiries.