• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

ecmp

Newly Enlightened
@Mgizler QT-SS 18650 is still available in both matte and stainless as I type this post.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fraz QT-SS 18650
Ohm / resistance reading
  • Head only w/o QTC: 2.27
thanks for sharing your explorations

fwiw, google says:
"Stainless steel is one of the worst conductors of electricity, whereas aluminium is a very good electrical conductor. Likewise, when it comes to heat, aluminium is a better conductor."

and
"aluminum is around 1/3 the weight of steel"

thermal guy

Flashaholic
True but you ain't going to break it! much tougher than aluminum. Not that you are going to break the Al one😂

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick search; not sure if accurate or what alloys are being represented:

Titanium is not a good conductor of electricity. If the conductivity of copper is considered to be 100%, titanium would have a conductivity of 3.1%. From this it follows that titanium would not be used where good conductivity is a prime factor. For comparison, stainless steel has a conductivity of 3.5% and aluminum has a conductivity of 30%.

speckacuda

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to come back with no answers to any questions, but I am here with some photos of the newest addition (which will be added to the site soon- we weren't kidding about being busy the past few months).

Meet the QT-SS 18350!!
QTSS18350.jpg

In-stock notifications will be live soon. Also, I started a reddit page for us (r/frazlabs), if anyone is interested. I mean I JUST NOW started it, but I'm hoping to have a "place" to send newbies who happen to have similar questions, I know it's hard to get folks to cruise through an 80+ page thread (as well as somewhere for all of us to chat about what you'd like to see next - and yes, 21700 is still on the list!!). We are thinking about trying to get our own subforum here as well, depending on if anyone would like to see that here or not. Just let us know!!

We appreciate each and every one of you, and we can't wait to see what y'all think!!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
To be clear:
Many of us choose stainless steel flashlights and have no issues with conductivity; either thermal or electrical. I have one of those BLF 248 and a DQG both in stainless because they look good and handle rough use.

I had a solid copper Oveready BOSS 18650. No one tried to claim it was somehow brighter than the aluminum model because of the conductivity of the metal. There was discussion of how heat would move 'faster' through copper but that interface with air was still a big factor regarding shedding.

I understand and have experienced increased heat transfer through hand contact with the flashlight, especially on cold winter nights, but saw no particular difference between metals.

Many flashlight enthusiasts purchase titanium for similar reasons and one can see Ti's properties are closer to stainless than aluminum.

Speak up if you have a different perspective on this.

Right now, the QT-SS I ordered (even though I have a land tax bill due) has left Little Rock and is said to arrive here this Friday!

speckacuda

Newly Enlightened
We would never leave CPF - I love y'all more than some members of my family!!!!

We are just looking to help the new members of the FL fam with all those questions y'all have been so kind to answer, so we don't wear out our welcome here! Ideally, I'd like to move this convo to our own section on CPF, but until then we are going to put up a sort of "START HERE" for the first-time folks (especially those who aren't familiar to any sort of modification of any sort of electrical device of any kind, but want to take our flashlight apart and give it a try anyway).

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
our own section on CPF
good idea ;-)

you just need to clone yourself so you have time to manage the Social Media aspect of your business, on top of your regular day jobs.. lol ;-)

You could find new interest by sharing info on Reddit.
Bear in mind the format on Reddit is that threads mostly just keep sorting by date started. An older thread sort of disappears into history, never to be seen again.

However, you could use Reddit to demonstrate your Flashlight designs, with pictures, and links to your Youtube videos. Im sure there will be people that will be interested in learning more. Redditors like to buy stuff too.. no harm in increasing your exposure.. Just start a new thread once in a while, when you have product in stock.

I also encourage you to share info on BLF.. You would be reaching additional people that dont use the other two platforms.

And good luck getting into the Fanatics forum, Ive never been there, but it will also add to your exposure.

Congrats and best wishes on your continued success.

ecmp

Newly Enlightened
IMG_8569.jpeg

Left would be a Fraz QT 18650 and right would be Fraz Lumenite 2.

Difference seems to be 16mm vs 20mm MCPCB, 26.5mm vs 35mm optic (emitter could both be Samsung 351).

Could there be other reasons for the difference in output?

This is not a classified thread. So please post all non-classified posts and discussions in https://www.candlepowerforums.com/forums/flashlight-manufacturers-builders-modders.163/ or the appropriate forum.
I don't believe this thread was originally created in the classified section. Before the change in ownership and database update, it was listed as one of the makers/manufacturers' page. Somehow it got shuffled to the classified section after the change. If it can be moved to the above section, it'll be really helpful.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
image.jpg

SS QT got here and it's fantastic ! It feels like a tank and the LED is super warm compared to my other Fraz lights. Anyone on the fence about getting one just do it. The workmanship on these new drops has gone through the roof. Beautiful finish and threads are smooth as silk. Couldn't be happier. Now the wait till dark. Fraz,,,, you guys rock😁