• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 1000 Lumen Vintage Eveready XM-L U3 Mod!

jayrob

Enlightened
So, I just stumbled upon this thread...any of these old modded Evereadys still available?

Looking forward to building one up for you!

I have more than half of the ones you see in this pic:

Eveready%2027.jpg

You can just send me a PM and let me know which one you like, and I can see if it's still available. (or show you similar)

Talk to you soon!

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey jayrob, these are fantastic. I love vintage lights! Sleepers are even better.

I would want to use an 3400mAh AW18650 cell in the light. Could you do a simple spacer/adapter to fit an 18650?

jayrob

Enlightened
Hey jayrob, these are fantastic. I love vintage lights! Sleepers are even better.

I would want to use an 3400mAh AW18650 cell in the light. Could you do a simple spacer/adapter to fit an 18650?

Yes I have material for a two piece sleeve that will fit an 18650 cell. You can glue the two sleeves if you want, but it's better to leave it a 2 piece set up in case you want to use a 26650. (one fits a 26650, and you can put the other inside to make it fit an 18650... ($15)

Of course, I recommend a 6000mAh 32650 cell for the longest run time between charges. ($22)

I'll send you a PM...
beer.gif

Here's some of the ones I have on hand: (there are some differences, the two on the left have the beveled glass lens)

aaa.jpg

Last edited:

ledplumber

Newly Enlightened
I have one of these hosts with the original focused lens. Can that be used with your new reflector?

jayrob

Enlightened
Got you covered!

I have one of these hosts with the original focused lens. Can that be used with your new reflector?

What I do, is remove the stock reflector, and replace with a custom machined reflector. The glass lens can normally be reused, but I have some extra ones if the stock one is in bad condition...

JasonJ

Newly Enlightened
Wow Jay! These look gorgeous. Is it confidential to ask how it is you came by so many of these 80-90 year old hosts?

furthermore, if one already had their own host just like these, do you sell the necessary parts as a DIY kit to assemble?

jayrob

Enlightened
Wow Jay! These look gorgeous. Is it confidential to ask how it is you came by so many of these 80-90 year old hosts?

furthermore, if one already had their own host just like these, do you sell the necessary parts as a DIY kit to assemble?

I just searched every day on ebay to find them one at a time until I had maybe 15 extra ones...

The main thing is that your switch is in good shape for the mod.

It's kind of tricky with the build because the reflector must be fit to the host. Also the driver needs to be isolated because the host in constant contact with the battery negative.

Plus there are slight differences in length for the hosts from one to the other...

So with those things mentioned, it's not a 'kit' style build. Each one is custom fit with parts needed.

You can send me your host if you already have one, but remember that the main thing is having one that has the switch in good condition...

jayrob

Enlightened
:bump:

Laser Smith said:
Just picked up one of these bad boys and it exceeds all expectations marvelously. The build quality is second to none. Very solid in your hand and just a gorgeous piece of work overall. The amount of light that comes out of this thing is staggering when in a dark room! And it will make a bright lit room even brighter. I had many questions and requests to which Jayrob was very professional and easy to work with. He shipped it out Wednesday afternoon (3-25) from California and it was in my cold Wisconsin hands before lunch that Friday (3-27). 10/10 in every aspect for this amazing light and its' builder! I'll upload some pics when I can get to my desktop, not sure how/if I can from the mobile site.
Very pleased, thanks again Jayrob :beer:
+rep when I am on my desktop
-Matt

Glad you like it! I love good feedback... :cool:

zombirdy

Newly Enlightened
Are you still making parts? May I purchase a heatsink/plug/spring from you?

jayrob

Enlightened
Which hosts do you have in stock?

I currently have 5 available hosts.

4 are all 1930's, and the polished one in the back is 1925.

E1.jpg

The 1925 one has the beveled front glass. Pretty clean glass, just some very light scratches. (see pics below)

The tail cap logo helps to identify that it was made in 1925.

E2.jpg

E3.jpg

P.S. I have some better emitters too. I have 5000k XP-L V2 3A (factory de-domed) on copper sink pad. (or I still have XM-L emitters as well)

Plus a better driver with low voltage protection: (I personally like mode group 21 but I can set it on any mode group below)

Here's the driver I'm using: (Guppydrv)
Here's the link to the driver

22 User Selectable Mode Groups:

1. 2% - 25% - 100% | Memory
2. 100% - 25% - 2% | No Memory
3. 2% - 25% - 100% - Strobe - Beacon | Memory
4. 2% - 25% - 100% - Strobe - Beacon | No Memory
5. 15% - 100% | Memory
6. 100% - 15% | No Memory
7. 100% Only
8. 100% - Strobe | No Memory
9. Strobe - 100% | No Memory