• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Light!

jayrob

Enlightened
Jayrob, got my complete 2D w/voltage moinitor yesterday. I'm dying because my batteries aren't here yet and I don't have anything around right now that will fit. I can't comment on the beam yet, but the overall build quality is very impressive! I am very satisfied with it and can't wait to power it up. You've got me itching for a 1D stubby now!!!! Anyways, thanks again, for such an outstanding service/product, and I'll get back to you when my batteries arrive (hopefully just a day or two). Also, what is the maximum input voltage that will work with the driver? Did I read right that it is 15.5 volts? I was thinking just to try it out I could rig up a sleeve to hold 4x CR123's.:naughty: Thanks again, Tom

The driver comments on KD says you can use 3 X Li-Ion's. But do not do that!

I have found out the hard way that the driver will deliver too much voltage to the emitter with 3 Li-Ions...

2 X Li-Ion's is perfect though.

You can use a 3/4" PVC sleeve for using 2 X 18650's to try it out. Just wrap tape on the ends of the sleeve to fit the Mag barrel.

The only thing you will need to do, is adjust the tail cap spring. The battery is smaller in diameter than the spring. But that is an easy thing to adjust. You can just use some pliers to re-shape the spring.

Looking forward to your comments on the light when you get a chance to try it out! :)

onefastnismo

Newly Enlightened
Hey jayrob, i'm new to the forum and flashlight scene. But after reading this custom job of yours, i'm sold. I couldn't message you on the forum...I'd like to have you make me a flashlight, just lil confused on a rebel build? don't remember you talking bout it, or maybe i must of missed it.
here's how i'd would like it:
-Black maglite host
-Spectrum battery monitor installed

**I'm a lil confused with this **"* Optional sleeve with machined tail cap and spring mod - $15 (if using 26650's) Or tail cap mod without sleeve - $8 (see picture below)
Note: Tail cap mod needed if using 32650's or 26650's..."

I'm not sure which battery to use here.

**Also confused with this*** Drop in module (heatsink/driver/emitter - ready and tested) - $89 ($104 for Rebel build)------------------Kind of sounds like labor???

you can message me on here or email me at [email protected]

thanks

Ceed19

Newly Enlightened
has anyone located a retailer that has the 32650/32600s available? 5000mah or 6000mah? any stateside regardless of price? or only available overseas?

onefastnismo

Newly Enlightened
Oh yeah.....forgot to mention the battery as well. Where can I/we get them? (32650/32600's)

jayrob

Enlightened
Yeah so far, I would recommend Kaidomain, and getting the 32600's...

Either that or the 26650" here in the U.S.:
http://www.batteryspace.com/limnnirechargeable26650cell37v4000mah10arated148wh.aspx

Hey jayrob, i'm new to the forum and flashlight scene. But after reading this custom job of yours, i'm sold. I couldn't message you on the forum...I'd like to have you make me a flashlight, just lil confused on a rebel build? don't remember you talking bout it, or maybe i must of missed it.
here's how i'd would like it:
-Black maglite host
-Spectrum battery monitor installed

**I'm a lil confused with this **"* Optional sleeve with machined tail cap and spring mod - $15 (if using 26650's) Or tail cap mod without sleeve - $8 (see picture below)
Note: Tail cap mod needed if using 32650's or 26650's..."

I'm not sure which battery to use here.

**Also confused with this*** Drop in module (heatsink/driver/emitter - ready and tested) - $89 ($104 for Rebel build)------------------Kind of sounds like labor???

you can message me on here or email me at [email protected]

thanks

Sorry for the confusion. It's because there are a couple of different battery options that will work. Also, because I am offering the heatsink with emitter and driver installed separately if anybody wants to 'do it yourself'. (drop in module)

For the longer batteries (26650's or 32650's), I recommend the tail cap mod shown in the first post. And I have a fiberglass sleeve for using the smaller diameter 26650's.

The Rebel build is a different reflector. (deeper) It gives better throw, but there is not room for the voltage monitor with a Rebel build...

I'll send you an e-mail... :)

maddog

Enlightened
Hey All,

Maddog checking in here. i just got my light today and all i can say is WOW! Jayrob .... you build one outstanding light!

now my initial review:

my problem, with all my lights no matter which one i have tried so far had a Max run time of about 40mins. so when i read the thread on this light saying around 3 hours on "HI" with an output of 1,000+ lumens. lets just say i was skeptical to say the least. but with the promise of the ultimate light (well, for me) i had to buy it and give it a go.

well, the light came today and upon unpacking it i find it to be well packed and everything in perfect condition. the batteries in the flashlight were fully charged as per Jayrob so i quickly turned it on and BAM! a very nice bright beam of light. i put it up against my ROP (HI) and tho the beam colors were different with my untrained eye. i believe them to be comparable (this is in the day in the house). i'll get a better feel for it tonight in the dark ... hehe.

now remember my main problem was run time with high output lights, so the first thing i wanted to do was a run test. so since the batteries were supposed to be fully charged. i wanted to give it a go. i set the light on "HI" and let her rip. after 5mins the light heated up to a nice warm temp. nothing even approaching hot or even a hi-warm and it stayed the same temp (by what i felt) all the way through the test. the test ended after 1 Hour .... yes, 1 hour constant on. i wanted to see how long the light would run with out getting too Hot and about battery life. well, after the 1 hour mark the light was about the same temp as it was at the 5min mark and believe it or not the battery monitor had not dropped below the bright blue, indicating full charge. i also cycled the light a few times waiting a few mins between each turn on just to make sure the monitor was working right. i now have no doubt that this light will run 3 hours on high do to the fact that there are 3 more battery levels before the Red (low) indicator.

my thoughts so far .... while it's not the brightest kid on the block. when you add in the run time and heat management i really can't see any light out there besting this light "If" your looking for a long running high output light.

and last anyone who buys this light "HAS" to get it with the battery monitor. this is a must have item. it works just awsome and has a coolness factor of 100.

well, that's it for now and will report back with some real life work outs when i get back to work next week.

tjhabak

Enlightened
Jay,

I received my dropin and it works great with the Fivemega ThrowMaster head. Almost like they were designed to work together. The head pushes the beam forward giving me bright spill like the Catapult and even better throw. Thanks for making the minor modifications so these two work together.

Scott.
Nice!!! could you post a pic of that for us?

jayrob

Enlightened
Hey All,

Maddog checking in here. i just got my light today and all i can say is WOW! Jayrob .... you build one outstanding light!

now my initial review:

my problem, with all my lights no matter which one i have tried so far had a Max run time of about 40mins. so when i read the thread on this light saying around 3 hours on "HI" with an output of 1,000+ lumens. lets just say i was skeptical to say the least. but with the promise of the ultimate light (well, for me) i had to buy it and give it a go.

well, the light came today and upon unpacking it i find it to be well packed and everything in perfect condition. the batteries in the flashlight were fully charged as per Jayrob so i quickly turned it on and BAM! a very nice bright beam of light. i put it up against my ROP (HI) and tho the beam colors were different with my untrained eye. i believe them to be comparable (this is in the day in the house). i'll get a better feel for it tonight in the dark ... hehe.

now remember my main problem was run time with high output lights, so the first thing i wanted to do was a run test. so since the batteries were supposed to be fully charged. i wanted to give it a go. i set the light on "HI" and let her rip. after 5mins the light heated up to a nice warm temp. nothing even approaching hot or even a hi-warm and it stayed the same temp (by what i felt) all the way through the test. the test ended after 1 Hour .... yes, 1 hour constant on. i wanted to see how long the light would run with out getting too Hot and about battery life. well, after the 1 hour mark the light was about the same temp as it was at the 5min mark and believe it or not the battery monitor had not dropped below the bright blue, indicating full charge. i also cycled the light a few times waiting a few mins between each turn on just to make sure the monitor was working right. i now have no doubt that this light will run 3 hours on high do to the fact that there are 3 more battery levels before the Red (low) indicator.

my thoughts so far .... while it's not the brightest kid on the block. when you add in the run time and heat management i really can't see any light out there besting this light "If" your looking for a long running high output light.

and last anyone who buys this light "HAS" to get it with the battery monitor. this is a must have item. it works just awsome and has a coolness factor of 100.

well, that's it for now and will report back with some real life work outs when i get back to work next week.

Love to see great feedback thanks! :)

Looking forward to your comments after testing it in the dark. And/or at work...

I think your work mates are going to be jealous! You know where to point them to! :D

jayrob

Enlightened
:bumpit:

steffleu, I'm sending your custom drop in module with emitter...

I installed the XM-L T6 emitter onto the heatsink as you requested. I tested it too.

But since you told me that you will be using it for a 'direct drive' set up, I just want to mention that I have not done any testing for direct drive with these emitters. I know that they are very tough. And possibly it will be fine. But I have only used them with the drivers shown in the first post of this thread...

Let me know how it works out! :)

rajalexi

Newly Enlightened
steffleu, please post back when you have tried this direct drive. A lot of us are curious. I feel it depends a lot on what battery you put in. Some batteries are only capable of 4 amps and will be fine. But some batteries are capable of 10 amps and I wonder how the litttle LED will handle that. I have read of a few people on here going over 4 amps and the LED handled it, but 2 of them also stated the LED actually got dimmer after 4 amps. Sorry I can't find the link right now but one had a light meter and amp meter and said the T6 was brightest at 3.3 amps and started dimming at 3.5 amps, but he did not say if the LED had been on for a while before it hit 3.5 amps. I do remember he was measuring his amps at the tail so you would be spot on with a simple LiPo which typically only goes up to 4amps. I had thought about going this route with my stubby, but the driver that Jayrob installed for me puts out enough light so I wasnt willing to try direct drive. I also like the 3 way switch. I wish I could do a 3 way switch with high being direct drive. Maybe if yours works well on direct then I will look a little harder for a new driver.

Jamey

jayrob

Enlightened
Mag Charger option! :)

magcharger%201.jpg

See here!
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Mag-Charger-XM-L-T6-Modification-1000-Lumens

Inkidu

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:
$60
I hope the full $60 got sent. Some times I am not sure if Paypal charges me the fees or the fees come out of the total that appears that I sent. I assume it depends on what option you choose i.e. personal, purchase, gift, goods, services etc...
I chose goods.
Thanks

jayrob

Enlightened
:paypal:
$60
I hope the full $60 got sent. Some times I am not sure if Paypal charges me the fees or the fees come out of the total that appears that I sent. I assume it depends on what option you choose i.e. personal, purchase, gift, goods, services etc...
I chose goods.
Thanks

Got your PayPal, thanks!

Talk to you soon!