• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS:XHP-70<-- Copper P60 modules. 3000+ OTF lumen!

jmoyat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Copper P60 modules. MT-G2 1600+ OTF lumen!

Paypal sent for one more MT-G2 4000K - same as my first order.
Sport UI
Thanks!

Mhgarcia114

Newly Enlightened
This thing is awesome!!
Running off 2x 18350
e3c8babf7a4660174da7c4f23e453f2a.jpg

Jvvjvv

Enlightened
large.jpg

XHP-70....C2 host (2) 18350's........35 feet to the house

large.jpg

XHP-70.....Fivemega host (2) 26650 2 inch head........same 35 feet

xlarge.jpg

Simi gloss white cabinet door........about 6 feet away......."windows logo" is pretty faint :) :)

large.jpg

Real life it's not there........

large.jpg

Someone asked if 40% would be good enough for using it around in a work area. I can't image using 40% anywhere but outside, it's really quite right. 1% works for walking in a totally dark area, seeing a good 6-7 feet ahead. It's an impressive module.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks so much for those awesome AWESOME photos jvvjvv. Do you prefer the XHP70 over the MT-G2?

What would you say the MT-G2's strengths are over the XHP70? I'm trying to decide which to get haha

Jvvjvv

Enlightened
Tobrien.....to me, in the real world, the beams are pretty much the same. In the beam peeping world, the MT-G2 is smoother, creamier. The 70 is brighter for sure. For practicable purposes they seem to throw the same. YMMV.........get both :)

JACK

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Copper P60 modules. MT-G2 1600+ OTF lumen!

I'll take it!

XHP-70 5000K if poss, Option 2/Open UI (guppy) x 1

PP sent!

BTW - any particular brand of IMR's that seem to be working best with these? Is AW making some still? I've been out of the loop for awhile.

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tobrien.....to me, in the real world, the beams are pretty much the same. In the beam peeping world, the MT-G2 is smoother, creamier. The 70 is brighter for sure. For practicable purposes they seem to throw the same. YMMV.........get both :)

JACK

thanks!

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
medium800.jpg

Switched the moduel into this Fivemega (2) 26650 deep turbo head last night. Plug and play.........Kudos to both of you guys.........nice machine work!!!
Throws niceley and still GREAT spill. Very nice wide hot spot. Ran it for 1/2 hour +........(high setting).....on my dog walk. It started getting hot after 20 minutes or so,.........(about 50 degrees out)......but at the end of the walk, I could still hold the hottest spot.........(about a 2 inch area at the beginning of the head, where is screws to the body)...........for 10 seconds or so. The body was warm, where it screwed to the head. The rest of the body was cool. The bezel was barley warm on the outside. A very usuable light.

Jack

Hope it's ok VOB to post in here...

I just got in line for an XHP-70 5000K drop in. I have a SF 9P that I can use, but I'm wanting a separate host for this one. It looks like you also made a beam shot of the above host with the XHP-70 in it... if I'm not mistaken. In your opinion, is it a practical beam pattern or do you prefer a standard D26 head ...or cooly head? It looks like it would throw considerably further, but how does it affect the spread / useable light? If I use a standard D26 head, I'm thinking the cooly head would help dissipate the heat most efficiently. Any thoughts on this would help as I've been out of the loop for awhile in here.

sal415

Newly Enlightened
I'll take xph 70 5700 or if you got a cooler temp I'll take that with fet guppy driver PayPal sent

Jvvjvv

Enlightened
I just got in line for an XHP-70 5000K drop in. I have a SF 9P that I can use, but I'm wanting a separate host for this one. It looks like you also made a beam shot of the above host with the XHP-70 in it... if I'm not mistaken. In your opinion, is it a practical beam pattern or do you prefer a standard D26 head ...or cooly head? It looks like it would throw considerably further, but how does it affect the spread / useable light? If I use a standard D26 head, I'm thinking the cooly head would help dissipate the heat most efficiently. Any thoughts on this would help as I've been out of the loop for awhile in here.

The fivemega (2) 26650 host has very good usable throw and the flood is brighter than my TK75. That said, it is not a "thrower". Still gets hot with the bigger head. Very nice bright light.

Any any of the small SF hosts, even with a cyros head, are going to overheat at 100%.

Hope this helps.

Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the MT-G2 a few days ago and I'm very happy with my choice. :thumbsup: The beam is great and it's amazingly bright. It's currently hosted in the lego pictured below.

uBUPlVv.jpg

I decided switching modes with the Z-49 was a bit more of a chore than I wanted, so I purchased a Moddoolar Diamondback tail-cap and a TL 100 tube from Oveready. With this new setup I'll be powering the MT with two 18500. The new goodies are scheduled to arrive Monday. :naughty:

~ Chance

Last edited:

seasam

Newly Enlightened
for a 9P setup .... what tailcap mod / switch supports 7 amps +
??

preferably clicky

what batteries can do 7+ amps in a 9p configuration? but if you did... easiest guaranteed to work would be oveready zerorez. Or some kind of spring bypass with wire or braid.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
VOB, just checking to make sure you received my payment as I have not received confirmation yet.

Thanks

Sorry about that. I do have your payment, and have added you to the list.

I do have one question. When you said "option 2/guppydrv" You mean you want the guppydrv firmware left open right? Or did you mean lock it in group 2?

sal415

Newly Enlightened
I have also sent payment a few days ago for xhp70 with guppy didn't see my name on list or received any messages

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
No worries. I'm sure you're more than busy. Yes--- please leave the guppydrv firmware left open. If I understand correctly, this will give me the option to change to any of the 20 something modes available at any time.

Thanks for the reply :thumbsup:

Sorry about that. I do have your payment, and have added you to the list.

I do have one question. When you said "option 2/guppydrv" You mean you want the guppydrv firmware left open right? Or did you mean lock it in group 2?

Latest posts