• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

G10 or G20? NEW KLARUS G20! 3000 Lumens tiny guy, Coming and see, LOL

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast

The key is to look at quantity available(=0). Instead of closing the auction, many sellers put an outrageously high number so no one bids. Then, when new stock comes in, they lower the price and are good to go. If they close the ad, they have to rewrite everything, new photos, etc...

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Interesting light, and i have some questions/opinons about it.

1. The lowest mode at 15 lumens is quite high and will not preserve nightvision. A moonlight mode at 0,5 lumens would have been better as the lowest mode.
2.Is the micro usb port covered with a rubber flap? Is the charging port it self waterproof without any flap protecting it and exposed to water?
3.The sideswitch looks like it has a quite protruding button. Does the light have a lockout mode to prevent accidental activation?
4.How long G20 can stay on turbo mode before it step down to high mode?

Last edited:

harro

Enlightened
Received mine the other day. Initial thoughts...
Four nicely spaced modes, holds turbo without having to keep a switch pressed.
Low could be lower, but the only way would be a fifth mode of 1 lumen, or so.
Neutral white output, with a slight tendancy to cw, but no blue.
The four levels are very evenly spaced, the jump from high to turbo appearing to be a doubling of the output.
Whilst held in my hand, the drop from turbo to high took longer than six minutes to happen, didnt check it just sitting on a benchtop.
You can feel the torch head, and around the side switch area heat up quite quickly, but not to a point where its difficult to hold.
Virtually no hotspot to speak of, those 3klms are very well dispersed.
Very compact for a 26650 torch, cell just squeaks into my VC2 charger.
Dont bother if you want a thrower.....it doesnt.
If you want something to light that path well, with no dark spots, then you've found what you're looking for.
Will try to post a couple of beamshots tonight.

NOTE; Please ignore these pics, overexposed and poor focus. See next post for proper pics.
Maybe the esteemed moderator would be kind enough to please remove the images on this post, as I don't have the brains to do so, thankyou so much.

Attachments

• DSC00316.jpg
    DSC00316.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC00317.jpg
    DSC00317.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC00318.jpg
    DSC00318.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC00319.jpg
    DSC00319.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC00325.jpg
    DSC00325.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Wendee

Enlightened
Harro, you received one already? :huh:
Your initial impression sounds great! So it's more neutral than CW? Oh good! I can't wait for your beamshots. Thanks for posting! :)

harro

Enlightened
Harro, you received one already? :huh:
Your initial impression sounds great! So it's more neutral than CW? Oh good! I can't wait for your beamshots. Thanks for posting! :)
No worries Wendee, they'll be Jpeg format though, but quite safe to open. For some reason, I cant post a pic like others....ohh well, what to do.

First tree at 8 Meters. Second tree at 25 Meters. End of street approximately 75 Meters.

Pics are ambient light,
A SWM V20C for comparison, 423 Lumens,
G20 Klarus on medium, 160 Lumens,
G20 Klarus on high, 650 Lumens,
G20 Klarus on turbo, 3,000 Lumens.

DSC00325.jpg
DSC00326.jpg
DSC00327.jpg
DSC00328.jpg
DSC00329.jpg

Last edited:

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
No worries Wendee, they'll be Jpeg format though, but quite safe to open. For some reason, I cant post a pic like others....ohh well, what to do.

Yeah, posting images can be a hassle. You have to upload them up to an image hosting web site. I use postimage.org, among other reasons, because you can upload images without signing in or creating an account.

Your image should be small, no more than 800 pixels on its largest dimension. I often go with 720, 600, 480, or lower. postimage.org has the ability to resize images for you, but I usually do it myself, before uploading.

Use the "Direct Link" from the image hosting site after clicking the "Insert Image" icon here at CPF.

Last edited:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
great pictures, sorta confirms it is super floody so really has limited use, feels like its already behind the times and would really benifit from a xhp35 hi.

Wendee

Enlightened

markr6

Flashaholic
I think a NW tint would be easier on my eyes, since the light is so bright and floody. Maybe Klarus will come out with a NW version too. :)

I agree. That's why I have my eye on the Acebeam EC50 Gen II @ 5000K. Looks nice, but not $119 nice.

tops2

Enlightened
Thanks for the beamshots! Its floody like I was thinking. Is the throw not far? From the pictures it doesn't look like there's as much throw as I was hoping for (but from the specs I wasn't expecting a thrower.) Almost seems like the beam of my Armyteke Wizard Pro v3 XHP50 but with much higher output.

I agree. That's why I have my eye on the Acebeam EC50 Gen II @ 5000K. Looks nice, but not $119 nice.

Yeah, the price is giving me pause too. But it does look like its floody but with longer throw than the G20 with neutral white option.

I like most things about the Klarus G20 except the shorter throw and no neutral white. The group buy price really helps.
I like the Olight R50 seeker, but its missing a lower mode (for me), less accessories (mostly holster for me), and no neutral white. The group buy price helps.
The Acebeam EC50 Gen II seems the best option to me. But the price (in comparison to the group buy price of these 2 other lights) is a bit too high personally. For that price, I have other lights that I'd rather get.

Decisions decisions. Of course I don't really *need* another light! lol.

harro

Enlightened
great pictures, sorta confirms it is super floody so really has limited use, feels like its already behind the times and would really benifit from a xhp35 hi.

You're right there, it is certainly floody. Definitely designed that way for a light that needs to output an even, broad beam. This, it does very well. It makes no pretense towards being a mix or thrower, and indeed, would be hopeless at those sorts of tasks. If you want something for walking, reading, camping etc, its perfect. If it had a true moonlight mode, 1 lumen or so, in addition to what its already got, it'd nearly be the ideal pocketable flooder, IMVHO.

I notice some people in other threads have asked why the addition of a cell with the light. That's a good point. There doesn't appear to be anything special about the included, protected cell, and the deletion of it, would surely lower the price, and give the buyer the option of their own choice of cell. Maybe someone who is better at math than me, could determine the current draw of the light, on turbo?? Does ' up to 3,000 Lumens ' actually require a high drain 26650, or is normal protected ICR stuff ok ??
For the walking thing, the medium and high outputs are proving to be more than enough output, at 160 and 650 lumens, so I sort of really question the inclusion of the cell. The cost saving and shipping ability, to me at least, would be far better.

Last edited:

Wendee

Enlightened
I'm glad it doesn't have any type of "hi" LED. It seems every new light that comes out has some type of "hi" LED (XP-L HI, XHP HI). I have a few XP-L HI lights that are great for throw, but that's it. They're horrible for everyday lighting needs like indoor tasks or nightly walks, etc. The beam is way to focused and concentrated to be good for anything other than looking far off into the distance. I'm looking for a floody light, that's actually floody, not throwy, so a light like this would be great.

The only drawback (for me) is the tint. I'd much prefer a warmer tint when lighting up a wide area right in front of me (especially 3000 lumen level). I think NW would be much easier on the eyes.

A frustrating problem that I might have if I try to buy this light, is that many stores won't ship flashlights that include batteries to Canada. I've experienced this twice now. So, I've been unable to buy any lights that have a battery included. I might be able to find a store that sells the G20 that will ship one to me, but I think I know who the group-buy store is and they won't, so it looks like I won't get the group buy price (if it's the store I think it is). :(

More and more stores are refusing to ship batteries (and lights with batteries) to Canada, so it's much better when lights come without batteries (for me).

Last edited:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for posting pictures, harro. :thumbsup:

I think a NW tint would be easier on my eyes, since the light is so bright and floody. Maybe Klarus will come out with a NW version too. :)
+1

I'm wanting this light, I like flood and I also like 26650. I have more cells than lights when it comes to 26650 so I'm happy there is another good one, but since it comes with a battery it won't improve my cell/light ratio as much. :)

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my G20 and I like it. I wanted a floody to compliment my other 26650 lights and this does the trick. The U.I. is very handy and I also like the independent side and tail switches. Good work Klarus.