• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired G4 D26 SUNLIGHT for $urefire

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulsl

Enlightened
Paypal sent for 1 socket/reflector MOP set. $32 + other items from D26 and C Body threads.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
PayPal sent for:
- 2x G4 D26 socket/reflector: $64
- shipping to States: $5

Total: $69

Thanks for making these available, Varooj!

rickflair

Newly Enlightened
Paypal sent for one G4 D26 Socket/Reflector MOP with installed WA1111.
$41 + $5 Shipping = $46 Total

Thanks,
AP

Last edited:

Tirodani

Newly Enlightened
What are the maximum bulb dimensions that will fit? I'm not sure what the 2.25 in the "T-2.25" designation is a measurement of. The pictures of T-3 bulbs don't look any wider, though they are longer. Is the size restriction a function of length?

If it is a width issue, I'm wondering if the limiting aperture is threaded (if not, it could be widened slightly).

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you run a 1185 on 3x C Li-ion cells in either the BigLeef C body or the fivemega C body using the standard switches that come with the lights? It would be hard to find a soft start solution for these outfits.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine today as well. Nice work, Varooj.

A word of caution...

If you need to use the included spring washer as a spacer for the negative contact, be very careful.

There's a little play between the inside of the washer and the outside of the drop-in, and unfortunately it's enough play that the washer can contact the positive spring if the inner diameter of the host is large enough. I thought I took enough care to ensure that this didn't occur, but I wasn't careful enough. The short circuit was only completed for a few seconds, but with a pair of IMR16340's, that was enough time to generate an awful lot of heat in the positive spring and the tail cap (McClicky) spring. I didn't even realize it had happened until I burned my fingers while disassembling the drop-in shortly thereafter. Then I noticed the tail cap spring had deformed as well. I was able to revive the McClicky, and nothing else seems any worse for the wear, but lesson definitely learned.

M.S

Enlightened
Can you run a 1185 on 3x C Li-ion cells in either the BigLeef C body or the fivemega C body using the standard switches that come with the lights? It would be hard to find a soft start solution for these outfits.

I have 1185 in bigleef, no problems so far, and it's only 3A bulb so I don't expect any.
I have heard of instaflash problems with those big batteries though.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 1185 in bigleef, no problems so far, and it's only 3A bulb so I don't expect any.
I have heard of instaflash problems with those big batteries though.

Thanks, all I can do is to try this out once I get the drop-in, it will either work or I will be cleaning out the reflector......

Mungon

Newly Enlightened
$41 for socket/reflector MOP with installed WA1111
$8 internationaly

Paypal sent : (Unikt transaktions-ID-nr.1KE90540WV040560J)

Micke

Status
Not open for further replies.