Gasoline $1.76

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Hey,
you lot don't know how lucky you are! The cheapest I can buy diesel fuel for my car at the moment is equivalent to $7.99 a gallon!!! It costs me the equivalent of $22 dollars a day just to drive to work and back and my car does 40-50mpg :(

Paul.

What price tax do you pay per liter?

Bill

Paul Baldwin

Enlightened
It's in the region of 60% now, which is actually better than it was a few years ago (70+%). It's actually a fair bit cheaper now than a few months ago, at one point I was paying over £1.30 GBP per litre.

worldedit

Enlightened
As much as it hurts me to buy gas, i think makeing things expensive that destroy nature is the right thing to do. If you need your car to get to work, thats bad of course.
I had a motorbike, but i sold it. Now i do things that dont waste that much energy in my spare time. Walking through dark forrests with some flashlights :)

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
All we have to do is wait...the next hurricane, tanker hijacking, war...president sneezing to jack the prices back up. :( Did enjoy seeing that image of the Lexus LS460 doing a smoky take-off. :twothumbs

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best thing to come out of the election smoke and mirrors was the quote "What's the best solution to the crisis -- nuclear, solar, wind, coal, petroleum, geo.....?" The answer was "all the above".

I just hope this little blip in oil prices doesn't derail the renewed focus on more and better energy sources.

And BTW edit, which country produces disproportionately the most goods and services for itself and the rest of the world.

MODS - this was fun for awhile -- probably time to close it.

Last edited:

worldedit

Enlightened
True words, no doubt.

I once visited Kanada. The houses there had really thin walls. Air condition ran all day long, people even had their cars running to keep them cool. That made me kind of angry. And dont say anyone should be boiling in summer, but that was a bit much. Sorry for :poke: my fellow flashoholics. Maybe i should do something productive and post in CPF Green.

mikel81

Newly Enlightened
Been about 1.70 for the past month here. Kinda figured it'd be back up after elections but it is still the same.
:broke::shrug:

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I snapped this just four months ago in San Mateo, California when prices peaked. Now it sort of looks like a grave for high gas prices.

07-06-08_1950.jpg

steve6690

Enlightened
prices have come down to around 92 pence a litre for regular unleaded here (as of yesterday) but we were paying £1.25 a litre a couple of months ago. So, allowing for exchange rate changes recently, in the UK we're paying around $5.15 now per US gallon, but it hit $8.50 ish very recently

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, we p & m a lot, but deep down we realize how good we've got it. Just don't know for how long.

Illum

Flashaholic
best I've seen here is $1.89/gallon
not sure why diesels still $3.99:ohgeez:

Shouldn't diesel be easier to produce than light crude?

I hope it trends lower, like the prices 10 years ago, $0.89/unleaded premium

Art

Enlightened
Hey,
you lot don't know how lucky you are! The cheapest I can buy diesel fuel for my car at the moment is equivalent to $7.99 a gallon!!! It costs me the equivalent of $22 dollars a day just to drive to work and back and my car does 40-50mpg :(

Paul.

Here diesel is 1.11€ a liter.. thats more less 4€ a gallon.I do 140km a day and my TDI uses more less 7L per 100km..its more than 10€ a day in fuel.
Gas is at 1.20€ liter 95 octanes.

I remember when I was studding that 40€ would fill up the tank complitly ... now I already paid 90€ a tank :shakehead

Still nice to see prices are going down , I also own a BMW M5 and maybe its time to use it again more regularly :D

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
1.56 Crawfordsville Indiana. And very first post, Hello all.

Welcome to CPF. Gas is $1.89 here. Diesel is one dollar more. Sure discourages use of diesel cars in US. Also, few distributors are selling it. Keeps price up with no competition.

Bill

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
$1.77 per gallon at a Pasadena, California station (per the news last night).