Gearbest order processing

Nitelite78

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering what people's experiences are like ordering from Gearbest. I placed my order on January 25th and haven't received notification that it has shipped yet.

jsnngyn

Newly Enlightened
I think you'll find the delay is due to the Chinese New Year holiday period. People should be returning to work today.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
GB offers some great deals but you have to be patient. I've had orders that took more than 40 days to receive but I've paid half of what was asked by a local dealer.

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
Ordered a Nitecore Tip winter edition that shipped on 12/19/16 and have not received it yet. When they shipped it I received an email notification to allow 15 to 35 BUSINESS days for delivery. Still waiting.

PocketLight88

Newly Enlightened
I placed an order on the 27th of January. It hasn't shipped and they just got back from CNY yesterday I'm prepared to wait, the deal was too good to pass up.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my nitrcore tip from them after a month wait. If you need it faster, order from goinggear or illumn.com

pc_light

Enlightened
Hang in there, I've had a half-dozen GB orders and they never failed me yet. To me on the east coast of U.S. typically 3-4 weeks. They are much better than many other China based sellers where you have to wait 5-6 weeks.

When I need something fast, I pay the premium and get it fast (elsewhere); when I need to save I do so but then I wait and wait and wait.

FWIW, I once sent a light back to Nitecore in China for warranty repair and it took so long I'd written it off :candle:. It eventual came back... over over 1-yr later.

Last edited:

PocketLight88

Newly Enlightened
I placed an order on the 27th of January. It hasn't shipped and they just got back from CNY yesterday I'm prepared to wait, the deal was too good to pass up.

bansuri

Enlightened
(just insert some variation of what everyone else has said here)
If your patience matches your frugality it's worth the wait. I'm so pathetic I'll add the month wait time to save $5.
My $17.95 Nitecore TIPs finally rolled in this week, ordered them some time in December. That's OK.
I've got one shoved into a spare zebralight headband and it works great when worn slightly on the side of my head.
Gearbest stuff always arrives pretty well packed in foam in a bag, no issues yet. They're gonna be the death of my Paypal balance. Just ordered a second H03 for $29!!!

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've placed six separate orders with GB since 29 Jan this year. So far three of them have shipped, and the other three are showing "packed". If you go in to look at your order you'll see that there's a button beside the order status for "Dispatch Faster".
Try clicking that, can't hurt, although I'm not sure if it really makes any difference, it might be a placebo to make you feel better. I always click it anyway, it doesn't cost anything.

Nitelite78

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the replies...I am pretty frugal and don't mind waiting for the deal I got...I did click the "dispatch faster" button and I noticed my order has said "dispatched" for a few days now. I figured it was held up because of the CNY but became curious when a friend placed an order a couple days after mine and his shipped 3 days ago.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the replies...I am pretty frugal and don't mind waiting for the deal I got...I did click the "dispatch faster" button and I noticed my order has said "dispatched" for a few days now. I figured it was held up because of the CNY but became curious when a friend placed an order a couple days after mine and his shipped 3 days ago.

Well in that case any further delays are out of Gearbest's hands. From the time it shows as having been dispatched, it's left the Gearbest warehouse and has been collected by the shipper.
The post in China is notoriously slow. I've had parcels that have been fully tracked just sit at random stopover points in China for several days for no apparent reason before moving on. I don't know what goes on over there, but they're really slow with their shipping, in the modern scheme of things, compared to shipping from other parts of the world.

Nitelite78

Newly Enlightened
Well in that case any further delays are out of Gearbest's hands. From the time it shows as having been dispatched, it's left the Gearbest warehouse and has been collected by the shipper.
The post in China is notoriously slow. I've had parcels that have been fully tracked just sit at random stopover points in China for several days for no apparent reason before moving on. I don't know what goes on over there, but they're really slow with their shipping, in the modern scheme of things, compared to shipping from other parts of the world.

Sounds good. I paid for tracking and insurance but so far I'm not having any luck with the tracking number on any website I tried. Any insight into where to track Gearbest orders headed for Canada would be appreciated.

samgab

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds good. I paid for tracking and insurance but so far I'm not having any luck with the tracking number on any website I tried. Any insight into where to track Gearbest orders headed for Canada would be appreciated.

Have you tried 17track.net ? I normally get pretty good tracking success via their app or website...

sbslider

Enlightened
My recent experience. I ordered on 2/2, left the warehouse on 2/6, got on a plane 2/7, in US going through customs on 2/8. I used http://www.myib.com for tracking, the only website that has really worked. The tracking info on Gearbest is behind what I find on http://www.myib.com, and this website also provides a USPS tracking number.

sbslider

Enlightened
My recent experience. I ordered on 2/2, left the warehouse on 2/6, got on a plane 2/7, in US going through customs on 2/8. I used http://www.myib.com for tracking, the only website that has really worked. The tracking info on Gearbest is behind what I find on http://www.myib.com, and this website also provides a USPS tracking number.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I have ordered a ton of stuff from Gearbest, even my mobile phone came from Gearbest, if you want to receive your order fast you have to upgrade the shipping (you can insure against loss too like I did for my mobile), my other stuff came in spurts sometimes fast sometimes slow but everything came and for those stuff that came with defects (which is rare for my case) it was handled professionally by Customer Support, replies within 1 to 2 days.

PocketLight88

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the tip! On GearBest it tells me it is still awaiting airline inspection as of 2/6/17. When I check the IB tracking it says it was in Ohio as of yesterday, I should get it soon.