Gift exchange idea?

Idunno445

Newly Enlightened
Hey all.

With Christmas coming up, I have my annual, family gift exchange coming. It's an exchange for all the guys in the family. So, I figure, because I found this forum, I'd ask you guys for an idea. Would a light be a good present? Hmm... perhaps.

So, here's the requirement(s): the gift needs to be under $50. The guys in my family are pretty practical, do-it-yourself, love-our-tools types of guys. So a light should be bright and impressive for the price range, but above all practical.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Nick

planex

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight Pro Poly 4AA Lux. Around $35.00 shipped. A very bright light that will take abuse.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Maglite LED??? You could find one of the combo packages that have a 3D and a 2AA light - although I dunno if they make them in the LED's yet?? Made in USA too, if they're Union guys, they'd appreciate that. :)
john

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
Keep in mind that if you're going to order anything online it wouldn't be wise to use standard shipping from most places since its very close to Chirstmas. Here are my suggestions:

- The Fenix L1S, L1T, L2S, or L2T with the promotional KM1 knife from Fenix-store.com
http://fenix-store.com/index.php?cPath=22_52&osCsid=b057d35c80f16ab9b957bb6af9452d64

- Spyderco Ladybug / Photon II set from Photonlight.com
http://www.photonlight.com/Ladybug-Photon-II-Gift-Set-Knife-Light-Combos-p/ldbg-spyderco-pocket-knife.htm

- Fenix E0, E1, or Civicitor with a Leatherman Micra multi-tool

Edro

Newly Enlightened
carrot said:
I'd choose the Fenix L2T. Slim, practical, bright. Uses regular batteries, too.
+1
Before discovering this site I didn't even know Fenix existed. Now I want about 4 different Fenix lights. Unless they're flashaholics they probably don't know about Fenix either. What a great opportunity to introduce them. They get a quality flashlight they probably would not have bought for themselves...now that's a true Christmas present.

Idunno445

Newly Enlightened
Hmm... mentioning of the Fenix L*T series gave me an idea... I ordered a L1T last week that I've been waiting for.... It's right in the price range, I think the guys would like it, and if I give that away I MIGHT be able to justify to myself (and my girlfriend) a P1D CE. :D

My wallet curses this forum. Yet I cannot stay away. :D
Heh, oh well, Merry Christmas!

Nick