Gifted a couple SL Stinger setups

Arick

Newly Enlightened
I can't look at your pictures it says I need access.

Be seeing you...

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally they used a NiCD battery pack. I'm not sure if they are upgradable anymore. They are decent lights but I don't really regret giving mine away when I discovered P60 drop-ins that hit 300 lumens.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gifted A Couple SL Stinger Setups

I have a couple of Streamlight Stingers. One was originally LED and the other one I bought an LED conversion kit for. Both I switched to Streamlight 75375 nickel-metal-hydride battery sticks. They are "beater" flashlights. They are the ones I go to for stuff around the house, barn or even for looking for stuff in my pickup truck. They don't have great throw like newer, more expensive lights, but they work fine. If it were me, that is precisely what I would do. I would buy new Streamlight 75375 nickel-metal-hydride battery sticks, convert them to LED and probably get many more years of use out of them.

If I recall correctly, there is more than one version of the Streamlight Stinger. That shouldn't matter for the battery stick, but pay close attention to that if he decides the upgrade to LED. Check around for prices. They can vary quite a bit from retailer to retailer.

County

Newly Enlightened
They are such a classic I'd say they are worth keeping alive. . as JAS suggested it's nice to have a 'beater' light or two. I've had good luck with after-market batteries on the well known auction site, to save a few $$.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Replacement batteries can be had on Amazon and you an get LED upgrades form Lumens Factory that will get them to around 800 lumens.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

justanotherguy

Enlightened
Thanks Roger..
Looks like $48 for each led, and then the battery.

Hard to justify when there are so many other lights available at lower cost

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is true. Unless you're a cop that's been carrying one of these since the academy there's not really many benefits to the upgrade. If you want to stuck with old faithful it's the way to go!