• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

GiveAway: Eneloop batteries 4xAA/4xAAA

ChibiM

Enlightened
Thanks guys, keep them coming. I will extend the GiveAway with a few more days, because of the relatively small response.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for doing this Chibi and good to see you still around!

Here's my entry for a pack of 4AA:

Panasonic and Sanyo have been producing different kinds of promotional items for eneloop.

These items were usually given away at exhibitions or sometimes through contests.

Back in 2014 or 2015 I participated in a contest on Facebook sponsored by eneloop Asia and won one of the 70 eneloop drinking cans. You could either win one of their 3 eneloop tropical AA packages or one of these cans. This one I gave to my friend Pete, who owns the most kinds of special editions.
Thanks Pete for sending me this picture!

Corrected:

Panasonic and Sanyo have been producing a variety of promotional items for eneloop over the years. These items were usually given away at exhibitions or contests.

Back in 2014 or 2015, I participated in a contest on Facebook sponsored by eneloop Asia and won one of their 70 eneloop drinking cans. You could win one of their three eneloop tropical AA packages or one of these cans. I gave this one to my friend Pete, who has the most diverse collection of special edition items.
Thanks Pete for sending me this picture!

ironhorse

Enlightened
[h=3]Are there any eneloop C or D cells?[/h]
Yes, there are. But they are only available in Japan. You can however buy AA to D and AA to C spacers that will allow you to use AA batteries in D-sized applications. The downturn is of course less capacity.

The disadvantage is less capacity

AA's please

pc_light

Enlightened
Was just checking in on the GAW.

FWIW, here are a couple more suggestions even though its just one entry per person -

On the FAQ page, rearrange heading to match image of batteries in order.
"Eneloop vs Lite vs Pro, which model to choose?"

-------------------------------

On the Batteries (9 reasons why you should consider using eneloop batteries) page,
"Relieve" should be "Relief" or perhaps "Peace of Mind".

"This is one of the most important reasons for me to stick with eneloops!" can be
"This is one of the most important reasons to choose eneloops!"

Chiba, you are obviously a real Eneloop advocate and all your hard work really shows. Frankly there is a lot to review and the shear volume may scare some people. The idea of a GAW and finding errors/corrections is great. In the long run, perhaps you'd consider making this a permanent feature on your eneloop website, then once a year/month/100 suggestions/etc... you can have a random drawing from the comments sent in via Contact.

ChibiM

Enlightened
Thanks
  1. pc Light (thanks for your 2 posts!)
  2. JoeRodge (done, thanks)
  3. braddy (added, thanks)
  4. jimbo 321 (changed, thanks, yep It's counted :) )
  5. AA Cycler (yep, done as well, thanks)
  6. Lemurian (do you live in a cave? ;) )
  7. ronniepudding (used your version, thanks)
  8. peter yetman (I'm asking my wife to translate that for me....so I will hopefully get this translation, if not, just use your imagination :p )
  9. Agpp (that has been pointed to me out before, it has to do with my Japanese laptop, which has the `and " close together, and the ' is to the left of the "1"key.) edited them on the places you said, thanks.
  10. bwalker (thanks, changed)
  11. LeanBurn (that's great help, thank you, I copied your exact text)
  12. grateful1 (copied yours, thanks)
  13. KuanR (great, thank you. That is an interesting idea. Someone had asked me to add a page with 'reviews' of eneloop users. Your idea is actually quite nice, I would have to add that on the bottom of every page maybe, but just don't know how to keep it transparent for everybody.. or maybe I can use the eneloop101 facebook page for that. Everytime someone sends me an update, I can add him/her to the list... interesting idea)
  14. ironhorse (changed that as well, thanks)

Thank you

ChibiM

Enlightened
It's a little too quiet here. How about a bump, and I changed the rules around a bit.

So please check out the website and find something that is missing or could be improved.

thanks!

TwiceFuzed

Newly Enlightened

I would change "weather" to "temperatures".
It may be helpful to also list the temperature in degrees Fahrenheit (maybe put it in parentheses) for those of us that use it and are more familiar with Fahrenheit rather than Celcius. (USA).

I would change "See the 3 different packagings" to "Packaging may vary by location, see below:"

I would like 4AA if selected. Thanks!

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened
Giveaway is closed now. Twicefuzed is the last person to enter.

Thanks by the way Twicefuzed!

ChibiM

Enlightened
Random.org told me the winning number is 10.

randomorg.png

ChibiM

Enlightened
My pleasure guys.

Little announcement

KuanR gave me an excellent idea about a continuous giveaway, that will keep on running as long as possible.
I will dedicate 1 special page to Free eneloop Giveaway on the eneloop101.com page, and every 25 or 50 messages with help/corrections I will do a giveaway.
Page will go live soon.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll keep an eye open for these and continue to offer assistance on the grammar haha.

Congrats and hope more people will see the the giveaways and participate.

bwalker

Newly Enlightened
Amazing! I've never won anything before. Thanks for the awesome giveaway.

Just for good measure here are some suggestions from the "Understanding the coding" page:

I would change... "Panasonic uses codes to see when a battery has been produced"

to be: "Panasonic uses codes to indicate when a battery was produced".

I would change... "Every original eneloop battery has a production date, embossed on the side of each battery, just above the battery jacket seam"

to be: "Every original eneloop battery has a production date, embossed on its side, just above the battery jacket seam" because there is no need to restate what was already stated in the same sentence.

I would change... "Take a look at the pictures battery"

to be: "Take a look at the battery shown in the picture" because I think it is a bit clearer in its meaning.

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened
bwalker, I sent you a PM. please check it out, and let me know what you think. BTW my sister is going to Texas in August, maybe she can bring along your prize ;p

I decided to make 1 special page especially for the 365-days per year giveaway here: http://eneloop101.com/win/

bwalker

Newly Enlightened
I received my free eneloop batteries. They are embossed with date code "1705" and each have a 1.26V charge. Stuck them into my TN4A and tested it on max lumens. They work great. Thanks again ChibiM!