Glow Tape

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeez, keep finding new ways to burn money. I mean, it is very cool stuff, but >$200 for a roll of tape is crazy. Is it really that expensive to make, or is it just marked up to ridiculous levels because there is no competition?

The roll is 50 yeards long - and 3m - what is crazy is selling *" for $8 and $8 shipping (ebay). The website I saw the roll on only sells 3M products.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
$200 for a roll is less than half what we use to have to pay for it to use on the ships. There aren't many other companies that make something like it and the ones that to the product just isn't as good. This stuff is still stinking on things outside that I put it on three years ago with no sign of wear. Also I will say I picked up other GITD tape at army navy once it was 20ftX1in and it wasn't glossy so it picked up dirt and crud super fast and you couldn't clean it off.. It also didnt glow as bright and no where near as long. They said it was mil spec and used by the military. The 3m is mil spec for sure and we could only use it for GITD markers and signage.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
love glow tape. i used to use it on lights before i discovered trits. i put it all over the house. light switches, electrical power switches, key holes.