• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Going Gear.com - Olight S1 Baton 1x CR123/16340 XM-L2 500 Lumen Flashlight

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
20150923_174056.jpg

Size comparison

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any spot on the light to place some tritium so it can be found in the dark?
My wife put 2 green 1.5mm x 6mm tritium vials in the split ring hole on hers.
I'll post pictures tonight.
I'm thinking of putting 2 ice blue vials in my polished titanium.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster

Newly Enlightened
Great idea! I'd love to see pics.

Friction fit? Epoxied in? Superglue?

Last edited:

Marconelly

Newly Enlightened
I have purchased this light recently, and I think the one I received may be faulty. Can someone tell me if this behaviour is normal for S1 Baton:
1. I set it to a high mode (not by shortcut, but by regular cycling through the modes)
2. I switch it off. A minute later I turn it on, high mode comes back - it is correctly memorized.
3. I switch it off again. Half an hour later, I switch it on, low mode comes on (or maybe medium, but definitely not high, that should have been memorized)

This behaviour is repeatable 100% of the time. The mode is only memorized for a very short period of time. If you keep the light off a bit longer, the memorized mode is gone. The S10 baton that I also have, doesn't have this problem. The memorized mode comes on correctly hours, or even days after switching the light off.

Dimethyl

Newly Enlightened
The light only has a memory mode for low, medium, and high. If you turn the light off on high and it has been longer than 10 minutes then it will be on low when you turn it back on. This is a safety feature we implemented.
(Source)

Marconelly

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for finding that. I've never seen that mentioned in any of the reviews for this light - or I haven't been paying enough attention. That's a bit of an unfortunate feature to be honest. The kind of thing where the device is too smart for its own good. But reading that they see it as a safety feature, I guess there's no way to defeat it. I can kind of understand why though - the S1 gets pretty hot when running continuously on high mode, even while holding it. In comparison, S10 only gets slightly warm.

Marconelly

Newly Enlightened
Ah, I just read that they've changed the UI in the recent batch. Mine is definitely a new UI, as it doesn't have a memory for the moonlight mode. Looks like this 10 minute high mode memory reset feature is part of this new UI also. In that case I can try buying another light, hoping it would be from an older batch. Then again. double clicking for high is not a big deal.

Last edited: