Google Map for Candlepowerforum Members

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't believe I'm just now seeing this. ...
Can we get this on the front page so that way it's easily accessible for everyone to see this?

Please Greta, (Pretty Please!)
is there some way to promote the map?
It's such a CPF-Community builder - every member who (eventually) finds this topic seems to like the idea.

These are just some of the locations I've noticed in the side panel, but which aren't properly represented on the map:

Egypt, Singapore, Philippines, Italy, France, Netherlands, Marshall Islands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, Portugal, Indonesia, Poland, Croatia, South America, Africa, New Zealand, Tasmania, Japan, China, India, Russia, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago, Bermuda, Hawaii, Central & Eastern Europe, all around the Mediterranean – and so on and so on.

(Also, there must be around 250 active posters from the UK).

Suggestion: just mark the general vicinity, (nearest city?) to still maintain your privacy.

We Exist And We Are Everywhere!

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please, anyone who likes the idea of the CPF Members Map, consider putting a link in your signature line – that would probably publicise it best.

Suggestion: just mark the general vicinity, (nearest city?) to still maintain your privacy.

These places show in Member Locations, but are not fully (or at all) represented on the map:

Egypt, Singapore, Philippines, Italy, France, Netherlands, Marshall Islands, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, Portugal, Indonesia, Poland, Israel, Croatia, South America, Africa, New Zealand, Tasmania, Japan, China, India, Russia, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago, Bermuda, Hawaii, Central & Eastern Europe, all around the Mediterranean – and so on and so on.

(There must be around 250+ active posters from the UK).

Dear Greta,

What about just formatting in Red, the line in the yellow banner in "New Member Introductions":

• When creating a thread here, it's often helpful to state your general location in the thread title - your state or country, for example. You never know who might be in your area that is also a member!
And there is a CPF Members Map, see:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?383660-Google-Map-for-Candlepowerforum-Members

Greta

Flashaholic
I am not going to promote this on the front page or in any other way. This type of thing is rightfully placed here in the Cafe.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Egypt, Singapore, Philippines, Italy, France, Cyprus, Netherlands, Marshall Islands, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, Portugal, Indonesia, Poland, Croatia, South America, Africa, New Zealand, Tasmania, Japan, China, India, Russia, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago, Bermuda, Hawaii, Central & Eastern Europe, all around the Mediterranean – and so on and so on.

These are just some of the locations I've noticed in the side panel, but which aren't properly represented on the map:

(There must be around 350 active posters from the UK).

Suggestion: mark the general vicinity, (nearest city?) to still maintain your privacy.

All the Best, lightlover.

We Exist And We Are Everywhere!

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Members: Illuminating the Whole Wide World! - We Exist And We Are Everywhere!

There must be ~350 active posters from the UK alone.
These are just some of the member locations I've noticed in the side panel, but which aren't properly represented on the map:

Egypt, Singapore, Philippines, Italy, France, Cyprus, Netherlands, Marshall Islands, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, Portugal, Indonesia, Poland, Croatia, South America, Africa, New Zealand, Tasmania, Japan, China, India, Russia, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago, Bermuda, Hawaii, Central & Eastern Europe, all around the Mediterranean – and so on and so on.

(Don't forget to put your board name to the point you've marked - I thought there was a member called "Point 21")

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, Gravel,

Nice Expanded Slogan!

Re: UK Members, since I began to promote the map, I started looking at the "location" info - over the last year, I think that about 300-350 UK members have posted (at least once?).

(Yeah, surprised me too - I would have estimated like you).

MEMBERS: Check it [the map] out (Please?) - if your area isn't on the map, proudly present yourself!

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF MEMBERS: Illuminating the whole wide world to exacting ANSI standards with excruciatingly specific LED tint bins ...
[Quote by gravelmonkey]

Check the map out please - if your area isn't on the map, proudly present yourself!

(Don't forget to put your board name to the point you've marked - I thought there was a member called "Point 21")

These are just some of the locations I've noticed in the side panel, but which aren't represented on the map:
Egypt, Singapore, Philippines, Italy, France, Cyprus, Netherlands, Marshall Islands, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, Portugal, Indonesia, Poland, Croatia, South America, Africa, New Zealand, Tasmania, Japan, China, India, Russia, Panama, Trinidad & Tobago, Bermuda, Hawaii, Central & Eastern Europe, all around the Mediterranean – and so on.

Mobileschoney

Newly Enlightened
I added myself in Edwardsville, IL and think I've named it with my username. However it doesn't seem to display my name. May have to go back in when I have a few minutes and try and figure out why.

Wendee

Enlightened
I've added myself to Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (my user name is identified on the map). This map was a great idea! It's so interesting to see where members are located :thumbsup:

SAMongoose

Enlightened
My first post.
Homo Sapien Lurker CHAMPION!!!
7 YEARS.
Only subscribed a few days ago.
Lucky for me. Reading is allowed while not being a member.
BUT. HAVE to start commenting.
The LIGHT will set you free.
:grin2: